You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Brownie said:

I wasn’t being entirely serious mate, just emphasising the point about how the tour has been, what with the illness and injuries.

I saw footage of Burns injury yesterday, it looked really innocuous as well. He was just starting to look the part as well.

We’ll defo lose the series but hopefully it won’t be a whitewash.

Burns was looking good, hopefully he's not out for more than this test. reckon the series will end up 2-2. The way both teams bat I can see all four tests producing a result, weather permitting. 

3 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Burns was looking good, hopefully he's not out for more than this test. reckon the series will end up 2-2. The way both teams bat I can see all four tests producing a result, weather permitting. 

Burns has been ruled out of the series mate and has flown home.

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Burns has been ruled out of the series mate and has flown home.

Balls, thought they were hopeful he'd be able to make the final test. Oh well, sometimes teams play better when they are faced with all the problems like England have had. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Root dropped on 31 then out to a short ball a few balls later for 35, 105/3. KP, sound happy about it, the fucking prick. Shit footwork by Root. 

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Remember when people used to speak about Root in the same breath as Kohli and Smith. Yeah, that's stopped.

The dreaded burden of captaincy as far as English players go. Without that I fully expect his form to improve.

I see that Labuschagne got another century, 130 no at close of play against NZ, without doubt the form batsman in World cricket atm. 

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, skaro said:

It has about Smith too, thankfully. 

Can't deal with a short ball at 130kmh - thanks to Archer.

That labuschagne has just replaced him though. Plus to think he only got in on the act in the Ashes due to Smith being absent. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

That labuschagne has just replaced him though. Plus to think he only got in on the act in the Ashes due to Smith being absent. 

Exactly.

Archer did the most influential thing of 2019.

Put paid to Smith and unearthed Labuschagne - who's already shot to world No4 and will be No1 in no time.  Flawless technique.

Sliding doors, eh, G.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, skaro said:

Exactly.

Archer did the most influential thing of 2019.

Put paid to Smith and unearthed Labuschagne - who's already shot to world No4 and will be No1 in no time.  Flawless technique.

Sliding doors, eh, G.

Yeah, fully agree, J. Shows how quickly cricket can change. Australia were struggling big style and a year later you're the second best test team in World Cricket. 

7 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Yeah, fully agree, J. Shows how quickly cricket can change. Australia were struggling big style and a year later you're the second best test team in World Cricket. 

Nest Boxing Day at the MCG - Australia v India - I might even need to put on my suit and go to the Long Room.

I'm such a hypocrite.

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, skaro said:

Nest Boxing Day at the MCG - Australia v India - I might even need to put on my suit and go to the Long Room.

I believe after this Test series against NZ you don't have any test matches until then. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, skaro said:

Yes, quite possibly.

India is usually a four-match Series these days.

Almost deserves a 5-match next time around.

It should be a cracker to watch. 

Just checked and it is indeed your first test series after he current one V NZ. Seems a long time to go between tests. You just have a shit load of ODI's and T20's, plus the T20 WC is this year in Aus October time.