You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Guest Pistonbroke

Certainly room for improvement Mike, but only Pakistan has been woeful, all the other games they have been either very good or a bit average like today. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Hahaha. I bet Sky loved that. Just showed Root practising slip catching in practice. Next ball from Rashid gets an edge which Root catches in the slips. 

Guest Pistonbroke
15 minutes ago, Mudface said:

They'll be chanting. 'who are ya' at the Afghanistan fans in the crowd next.

Earlier in the day they announced over the speakers, 'Any form of racism will not be tolerated and will result in immediate ejection from the ground and possible legal action.' 

I'm guessing they didn't say that for the sake of it. 

BTW, that's the second time I've heard that announcement when England have been playing, last one was against Pakistan I believe. 

26 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Earlier in the day they announced over the speakers, 'Any form of racism will not be tolerated and will result in immediate ejection from the ground and possible legal action.' 

BTW, that's the second time I've heard that announcement when England have been playing, last one was against Pakistan I believe. 

Really? That's fucking disappointing, one of the best things so far about the tournament is seeing opposition fans mingled in with each other having a good time. I remember reading somewhere that one of the reasons for introducing that stupid 100 thing is because 20-20 hasn't really taken off amongst kids. There's too many boorish pricks getting absolutely leathered and acting the cunt at the games and it's putting off families. Obviously, the bigger problem is that there's no free to air live cricket any more (in the UK anyway). Damn shame.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Really? That's fucking disappointing, one of the best things so far about the tournament is seeing opposition fans mingled in with each other having a good time. I remember reading somewhere that one of the reasons for introducing that stupid 100 thing is because 20-20 hasn't really taken off amongst kids. There's too many boorish pricks getting absolutely leathered and acting the cunt at the games and it's putting off families. Obviously, the bigger problem is that there's no free to air live cricket any more (in the UK anyway). Damn shame.

Rumours are that the final could be free to air. 

Wow, unlike Sky to be so generous. They're utterly paranoid compared to BT when it comes streaming anything. I usually have Sky Go playing the cricket in the background on my main desktop while I'm 'working' on my laptop. The bloody thing's basic as you like, and it even bombs out with an error message if you open up the snipping tool, and apparently does the same with any 'video capture' software, such as iTunes....

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Wow, unlike Sky to be so generous. They're utterly paranoid compared to BT when it comes streaming anything. I usually have Sky Go playing the cricket in the background on my main desktop while I'm 'working' on my laptop. The bloody thing's basic as you like, and it even bombs out with an error message if you open up the snipping tool, and apparently does the same with any 'video capture' software, such as iTunes....

I just use streams for the cricket, the paid services I use in Germany don't show cricket. 

I believe the decision to show the final free to air would come from the ICC with Sky having little say in it. You can bet your arse they are trying to block it. 

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

Pretty sure it’s a standard announcement that’s been played at every game.  

Guest Pistonbroke
3 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Pretty sure it’s a standard announcement that’s been played at every game.  

Fair enough if that's the case mate, I haven't been taking 100% notice of the commentary but I honestly only heard it in the two games I mentioned. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Williamson is the obvious key here, he's having a few dodgy moments but you feel if he goes soon then NZ could crumble..............Neesham out as I type, Morris gets him in his first over back.

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Great game whoever goes on to win.

Shows you don't need sixes galore and 350 plus scores for entertaining cricket

Yeah, very entertaining game. Even when batsmen have spent time at the crease they never look fully in control and are one good ball away from giving a chance, yet the wicket is good enough to reward batting when they choose the right shot to a ball with width.