You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

7 minutes ago, bossy said:

We don’t think they are in touch with the working class for fucks sake. You know MPs from UK parties also join banks and other big bastard businesses? You live in a weird world  where the only thing that stopped us from making everything ok is being a member of the EU. You haven’t given one reason, and not pie in the sky thinking, but something concrete that has made our world better because we are out the EU. A couple of quid a week extra at the Aldi doesn’t pay 65% rises in energy costs. 

Err we havnt got 65% rising energy costs because we left the EU. no correlation between the two... so I'll leave it there..

If you're interested, my the link above with Eddie Dempsey sums up my thoughts.

35 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Err we havnt got 65% rising energy costs because we left the EU. no correlation between the two... so I'll leave it there..

If you're interested, my the link above with Eddie Dempsey sums up my thoughts.

Are you being wilfully stupid or just not reading things properly? I never said we had 65% rising energy costs because we left the EU. 

3 minutes ago, bossy said:

Are you being wilfully stupid or just not reading things properly? I never said we had 65% rising energy costs because we left the EU. 

I know what you fucking wrote. You downplayed some of this countrys poorest people receiving pay rises because they got swallowed by energy rises. Its a ridiculous argument.

Once again I refer you to the link provided. That's the last I'm discussing it with you. Nos da.

5 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I know what you fucking wrote. You downplayed some of this countrys poorest people receiving pay rises because they got swallowed by energy rises. Its a ridiculous argument.

Once again I refer you to the link provided. That's the last I'm discussing it with you. Nos da.

No I fucking didn’t. You can fuck your innumerable fucking links right fucking off too. Fucking Brexit didn’t fucking do any fucking thing good.  Fucker. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bossy said:

No I fucking didn’t. You can fuck your innumerable fucking links right fucking off too. Fucking Brexit didn’t fucking do any fucking thing good.  Fucker. 

Another Internet warrior. What a fucking melt.

Just now, Gnasher said:

Another Internet warrior. What a fucking melt.

Ha. You’re the fucking fucker who fucking twisted my fucking words. I’m sorry but I’m not going to fucking fight you if that’s what you fucking what. Fucking hell.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

You sound like you regret living.

I regret spending time on you.  So I’ll stop before I’m driving through the beautiful Welsh countryside looking for a 28 year old man who witnessed Nye Bevan being born.

• Upvote 1

FYI, Gnasher said he'd vote remain if asked again. So it's pointless trying to argue with him about benefits etc. He's a remainer. Fair play to him for digging his heels but he popped and lost every argument he's ever had on this thread in one fell swoop. 

I'll take the credit for it by asking him outright. 

53mB.gif

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Literally nobody ever claimed that.

It was a flippant reply to your  'working class not knowing who Vonn der Leyen is' comment (another presumptuous little dig on the working class there Angry? youre not alone, this threads riddled with it, look at the lack of acknowledgement for workers in supermarkets/agricultural etc, nothing like a girl in a coffee shop getting a pay rise to boil peoples piss eh?).

My point was the heads of the European Union are all cut from the cloth, which indeed they are, one went off to join Goldman 'crash the economy' Sachs. Ursula meanwhile has been busy doing her dubious dealings with Covid vaccination firms and those nice Saudi Arabians. 

Odd you, or anyone have not commented on the content in  Eddie Dempsey link, especially as him and Lynch are the undoubted men of the moment. Interesting comments from Dempsey on European rail nationalisation, austerity and high unemployment, also his observations on Tommy Robinson and the lazy labels pinned on certain sections of society. Give it a listen if you've missed it, he's addressing some of the trolls on this thread.

One thing I can say for certain about his comments are thousands of the working class hold very similar veiws and despite what the luvvies think they're not the enemy, politicians like Vonn der Leyen are.

Anyway have a good day Angry.

• Downvote 1

20 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Who's fault was that?

The Labour party always had a very strong anti EU base, in the late 80s the vote to leave was unanimous. It was written into the manifesto to leave in one term. Should've listened to the concerns. An awful lot of working class people despise the likes of Ursula Vonn der Leyen. I can understand them.

You're right that his points are similar to yours. From the get go he's making points that are just incorrect. Throughout the piece he's confusing Tory policy with EU policy.

First point he makes is the EU are a barrier to nationalisation, he's wrong. France have just started the process of re-nationalising their electricity. Spain have announced free trains from September to December on their national trains. Germany has introduced a €9 monthly pass for travel. It can be done, it's never been blocked, it's Tory policy to sell it to their mates. The EU haven't made Spain or Germany sell their railway. 

Glad I watched it though, I had thought well of him but he's just a waffler, a clever one with his heart in the right place but a waffler none the less. Until he understands the fundamentals that its a Tory issue then he will remain as lost as you.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

FYI, Gnasher said he'd vote remain if asked again. So it's pointless trying to argue with him about benefits etc. He's a remainer. Fair play to him for digging his heels but he popped and lost every argument he's ever had on this thread in one fell swoop. 

53mB.gif

Well, thats more about our NHS than any road to Damascus moment. Anyway I believe I'm probably the the most open minded poster on this thread.

Talking about the NHS I note one of the trolls above name dropped Nye Bevan, I hope he doesn't check up the great man's veiws on Europe. 

From the 16 minute mark I believe Dempsey addresses those with similar veiws to you, worth a listen.

6 minutes ago, No2 said:

You're right that his points are similar to yours. From the get go he's making points that are just incorrect. Throughout the piece he's confusing Tory policy with EU policy.

First point he makes is the EU are a barrier to nationalisation, he's wrong. France have just started the process of re-nationalising their electricity. Spain have announced free trains from September to December on their national trains. Germany has introduced a €9 monthly pass for travel. It can be done, it's never been blocked, it's Tory policy to sell it to their mates. The EU haven't made Spain or Germany sell their railway. 

Glad I watched it though, I had thought well of him but he's just a waffler, a clever one with his heart in the right place but a waffler none the less. Until he understands the fundamentals that its a Tory issue then he will remain as lost as you.

He's not waffling he's answering the questions fully  on the EU. If he was asked questions on the Tory party I doubt he'd give them clean pass either. 

22 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

He's not waffling he's answering the questions fully  on the EU. If he was asked questions on the Tory party I doubt he'd give them clean pass either. 

He's blaming Labour and the EU for the death of the trade union movement, he's blaming them for the disillusionment of the working class. He's got his target all wrong. 

I've just pointed out whats possible in the EU and once again you skim over that.

3 minutes ago, No2 said:

He's blaming Labour and the EU for the death of the trade union movement, he's blaming them for the disillusionment of the working class. He's got his target all wrong. 

I've just pointed out whats possible in the EU and once again you skim over that.

Frances national rail is nationalised and subsidised by their private investment arm in the UK.

Fucking commies, or whatever insult clowns are throwing out nowadays.

13 minutes ago, No2 said:

He's blaming them because the EU is the subject they are discussing, he's not blaming the EU in isolation. If the discussion was the relationship between the Conservatives and trade unions I'm sure he'd also have a few choice words for them.

4 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

He's blaming them because the EU is the subject they are discussing, he's not blaming the EU in isolation. If the discussion was the relationship between the Conservatives and trade unions I'm sure he'd also have a few choice words for them.

He mentioned the labour party 50 times though. 

21 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

https://youtu.be/Mt2IZLe8rmY

Well? Mouth.

Where is he wrong?