You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Code

How would you feel if Rodgers got sacked?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. How would you feel if Rodgers got sacked?

• It would make me sad and I'd probably cry a bit.
    • It would make me sad and I would write him a poem.
    • It would not bother me at all.
    • It would make me happy.
    • I dont know.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should hold our nerve and back our man. Rodgers should get three windows, and then deep into next season we will be able to form a proper judgment. Unless we have unlimited funds, it is pointless chopping and changing the manager all the time. Back the fella and see what he can do with a fair crack of the whip. I don't like what the fan base is becoming. No patience. Little ability to see the big picture. We are better than this.

From afar, this post seems the most sensible.

*lifts hat* Mr G.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Of the fixtures we have played this season, whereby there was a corresponding fixture last season, we have yielded the exact same amount of points – 19.

Are you sure that's right? It'd be quite interesting if that's true. Both bad results, but it again indicates the team he inherited was poor over the same results. With only two major signings, one of which has been injured, and 4/6 top scorers going, it'd not a surprise that he hasn't been able to pull further ahead.

I'm still left rueing the Villa and Stoke results, though. Those are real missed opportunities. Had we won them we'd be in 5th, just 2 points off 4th. Considering how poorly we did on the final day of the window - totally failing to get attacking reinforcements in for those we lost - I think most people would have settled for being 5th, 2 points from fourth, with half a season and a transfer window starting tomorrow, with one goal-scorer already signed. However, we didn't win and we are where we are. So, that begs the question: is a string of two bad results enough for us to sack the manager? I certainly don't think so. Anybody demanding we be higher than that at the moment - competing with City, United and United - needs their head smacked in.

Edited by Numero Veinticinco

Game Last season This season

West Brom (A) 0-2 (3) 3-0 (0)

Man City (H) 1-1 (1) 2-2 (1)

Arsenal (H) 1-2 (0) 0-2 (0)

Sunderland (A) 1-0 (0) 1-1 (1)

Man Utd (H) 1-1 (1) 1-2 (0)

Norwich (A) 0-3 (3) 2-5 (3)

Stoke (H) 1-1(1) 0-0 (1)

Everton (A) 0-2 (3) 2-2 (1)

Newcastle (H) 3-1 (3) 2-2 (1)

Chelsea (A) 1-2 (3) 1-1 (1)

Wigan (H) 1-2 (0) 3-0 (3)

Swansea (A) 1-0 (0) 0-0 (1)

Spurs (A) 4-0 (0) 2-1 (0)

Villa (H) 1-1 (1) 1-3 (0)

Fulham (H) 0-1 (0) 4-0 (3)

Stoke (A) 1-0 (0) 3-1 (0)

QPR (A) 3-2 (0) 0-3 (3)

Both equate to 19 points.

Are you sure that's right? It'd be quite interesting if that's true. Both bad results, but it again indicates the team he inherited was poor over the same results. With only two major signings, one of which has been injured, and 4/6 top scorers going, it'd not a surprise that he hasn't been able to pull further ahead.

I'm still left rueing the Villa and Stoke results, though. Those are real missed opportunities. Had we won them we'd be in 5th, just 2 points off 4th. Considering how poorly we did on the final day of the window - totally failing to get attacking reinforcements in for those we lost - I think most people would have settled for being 5th, 2 points from fourth, with half a season and a transfer window starting tomorrow, with one goal-scorer already signed. However, we didn't win and we are where we are. So, that begs the question: is a string of two bad results enough for us to sack the manager? I certainly don't think so. Anybody demanding we be higher than that at the moment - competing with City, United and United - needs their head smacked in.

Fuck you Moody you muthafuckahhhhh, this is the greatest team a manager has ever inherited, like ever!!

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Fuck you Moody you muthafuckahhhhh' date=' this is the greatest team a manager has ever inherited, like ever!![/quote']

Of somebody hadn't said that to me recently, I'd laugh.

Ha ha yes those 2 results really have fucked the other 17 up, shucks

Did you read what I wrote?

Yes and it just sounds like some strange logic with a lot of 'ifs and buts' in it.

No one expects us to be above city, Chelsea and Utd and most people would rip your arm off for 5th, fact is though we are not 5th and haven't been near it all season, besides its all well and good saying we are X amount of points of 4th/5th/6th but there are a lot of teams above us in better positions with more points in the bank and teams that have looked better then we have all season.

I don't want Rodgers sacked just like I didn't want Kenny sacked last year despite equally shit performances but I also don't get we're all the faith is that Rodgers is the man to lead us into the future.

It's a major gamble FSG seems to have took while cost cutting in the same season and I'm not comfortable with it, the only thing that might make me believe this season can be anything other then a massive failure is for them to get every move in January spot on, judging past performance and the names we are realistically being linked with(unimanginitive for me), I thinkbits doubtful.

And by the way if the figures noodles has show above are right and we have the exact same points from the same games then its easy to point Kenny was sacked for last seasons performance, that's despite losing the man who has carried the team this year for 8 games and while winning a trophy and getting to another final.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
fact is though we are not 5th

If only I'd said that myself. Oh, wait, I did. We're those two wins off it. Is that worthy of the sack. That's the question I asked, not whatever bollocks you came out with about the other 17 results (of which only 4 were losses, BTW). The obvious point here is if people would 'rip your arm off' for fifth, why the page after page of Rodgers slagging on this forum? It's short-sightedness.

If only I'd said that myself. Oh, wait, I did. We're those two wins off it. Is that worthy of the sack. That's the question I asked, not whatever bollocks you came out with about the other 17 results (of which only 4 were losses, BTW). The obvious point here is if people would 'rip your arm off' for fifth, why the page after page of Rodgers slagging on this forum? It's short-sightedness.

'IF' we were 5th no one would be asking for him to be sacked so its completely irrelevant, if we were 6th and a few points off then it might be different but as I said there are a lot of teams with the points in the bank, looking better and above us.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
'IF' we were 5th no one would be asking for him to be sacked

Facepalm. That's the entire point. And it's entirely relevant to the question I asked. Oh, forget it. I'm off to the zoo for some intelligent conversation.

FSG haven't, and won't, bring in a manager with Rafa's personality.

Correct. Rafa is far too assertive a character for the kind of control freaks who own our club. He's also a winner, and the two are not unrelated. Can you imagine Rafa supinely accepting the striker debacle like Rodgers has? Not a chance, he would moan about wanting a set of lamps but now he has to sit in the dark.

So Rodgers is supine, yet he's a cocky bastard for telling the club he wouldn't come here under a DoF?

so many mixed messages....

or rather more realistically, he's had a right go at the owners/Ayre, but chose not to do it in the media and risk the relationship with the owners merely in order to placate the mouth breathers and absolve himself of any responsibility.

So Rodgers is supine, yet he's a cocky bastard for telling the club he wouldn't come here under a DoF?

or rather more realistically, he's had a right go at the owners/Ayre, but chose not to do it in the media and risk the relationship with the owners merely in order to placate the mouth breathers and absolve himself of any responsibility.

Sounds about right to me.

A touch of optimism in a bucketload of pessimism:

The tough start, the bedding in of a new manager, the deadline day fiasco and a few other reasons meant that we had 2 points from 5 games but since then we have 26 points from 15 games. That is almost top 4 form, over 15 games. I know we were all very disappointed after losing the Villa and Stoke games but we've won 4 of the last 6. That's top 3 form. Get through the next 5 games with 8 points or more and I reckon we could go on a very good run. Whether that will take us to 4th, I don't know but in my opinion, we will play Chelsea in April in a more realistic position than we are in now.

Guest The Big Green Bastard

That got me thinking.

Possible scenario could have been that was a criteria set by FSG. You got the job Brendan, we're trying to trim costs and we dont want a DoF as an extra burden. Use your PR skills in this manner.

Thats just a wild thought, but in business nothing surprises me.