You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm not being biased here but he's the greatest striker this country has produced since Roger Hunt

And Hunt was the best the country has produced since Liddell - in the games when he wasn't playing on the left wing.

Marvellous, this impartiality lark, eh Sticky?

• Upvote 1

I'm not being biased here but he's the greatest striker this country has produced since Roger Hunt

Fella who works at my gym was a year below Roger hunt at Leigh grammar school, said he was a good player but didn't really stand out as anything special at school. Obviously his opinion changed when he played for us

That's got to be the harshest neg of all time, mate. Ian Rush is a fucking living legend, I was having a joke. You can't, surely, have thought that I didn't know who he was?

I'm sure he knew you were jesting, NV.

Lifey can just be very harsh, God bless him, in his counter-japery.

Also, do you not recall the now-legendary half-time thread he started against Real Madrid, "Roger's can go in the summer"?

I think he took over 25 negs on the chin at breakneck speed.

Like you, he's a man of conviction.

• Upvote 1

We got so pissed that night!

Ever since me and my kid brother were little we’ve argued and fought over who was better, Rush or Barnes.

We still can’t agree 30 years later and both still enjoy arguing about it.

We bought the more expensive tickets for the meet and great with photos and autographs for the night which was worth every penny.

I woke up the next morning and had Rushies book...

2ec39aa097dc9b686a43986eb026245c.jpg

e098d88ee200d834a2b44587c3e4f3a1.jpg

Only thing is my name isn’t Tobi!

• Upvote 3

Rush and Barnes.

In the top 10 of LFC's all-time.

Maybe even top 5.

Hard to separate them.

I'd give it to Barnes, by a very very emasculated bee's dick... based purely on my personal preference and the swooning memory of my actually being at the ground, on the Kop, right behind the woodwork the ball came down off, for this goal (around 21:35)....