You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

Guest San Don
So if they get relegated, do they still play in the Charity Shield? I don't see any reason why they shouldn't - but I'm not sure.

Relegation's got nowt to do with the community shield. They are the cup winners so will play the league title winner.

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

'Played, Wigan. Dave Whelan's a gobshite, but I don't begrudge Martinez the win. Seems like a decent enough fella, even though I reserve the right to change this opinion if he takes the job at the shite!

Oh, and what an utter shitbag of a footballer Samir Nasri is. I'm almost embarrassed to mention this fella in the same post as one congratulating a team for playing some great football at times and with a lot of courage, but if there's one player who epitomises all that's wrong with the game, it is him. Just an absolute bottling mercenary. I forgot he was playing until he was subbed off.

Anyway, fair does, Wigan. Well deserved.

Guest ShoePiss

Did I just hear that right?

"He's the Wigan doctor and he's going to be pressed into action soon as these Wigan players are going to be high as kites"

Sure I misheard it but it sounded funny.

Guest San Don
Whelan broke his leg in 1961 don't you know? ITV just mentioned it for the 7007th time!!!

And childs summed up with the biggest 'cup final shock in 25 years.'

All those hoping Martinez goes to Everton. Thats both domestic trophies won by teams of which he has had a massive influence.

Im hoping he swerves them.

One of which seems to look odds on to be relegated each year. I'd say that's a calculated risk worth hoping for.

I think Everton under Martinez would be pretty much what they are under Moyes: confortable. He'd get them passing and possibly bettering Moyes' record against the big teams, but the hope is he'd undermine their defensive abilities and they'd be as inconsistent as, well, us, but a cut-price shitter version hopefully several places lower in the league.

Man City played as though they felt they only had to turn up to win this. When Yaya Toure isn't motoring, they really struggle to look cohesive don't they? While there weren't that many chances for either side, Wigan didn't play like a team that is on the verge of relegation from the Premier League. I fucking hate Dave Whelan, but fair play to Wigan for not being daunted by the occasion. McManaman was the pick of the bunch today. Just a few points:

- If Man City were ever considering letting go of Zabaleta, I would hope we'd at least try to get him. Vastly under-rated, but he's effective and he actually gives a shit

- Paul Scharner's hair. WTF?!

- Silva seems to get selected more often than Mata for Spain, but Mata always looks more interested and effective when he plays. He certainly carries a greater goal threat. Silva and our very own Suso seem to be cut from the same cloth in that for all their deft left-footed technique, they never seem to deliver a telling contribution on a consistent basis. I'm always left with the impression that he should be doing more somehow.

- City spent over £30m on Nasri and Clichy, and they are both incredibly slack at times

Guest davelfc
slim chance but if that happened there will be moyes out movement:yes:

I have one those those each morning after my coffee.