You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Looking to the future - We CAN win the league !!

James21

This season, has been onnes of highs and lows, and we arent even at the half way point yet, so no doubt there are still several of both left to come.

From what I have seen this year, I have been please generally, like many. Yes ofcourse there are still some issues like the "Carroll problem" or the lack of finishing teams, but what I have seen has made me really positive for the future.

This season, I unfortunately do not see us getting top four, and the ONLY reason for that, is that we do not scre enough.

However, this season we have the best defence in the league, and that is despite the 4-0 vs Spurs when we were down to 9, so that shows just how good this defence is, and it will only improve IMO.

For these reason, I honestly am 100% that next season, we will finish top 4, and I dont say that in hope, I say that with 100 confidence, and even further, I think we can challenge for the league next season, as I think we are only one top class striker and one top class wide player/playmaker away from really going for the league.

Look at this season, we tend to win 1-0, draw 0-0, lose 1-0. There is such fine margins, and the addition of even just one top class triker who can put these chances away would make all the difference, and add to that it will be a season where Hendo has more experience, Suarez will be getting even better, Adam will accustomed to playing for us, and Carroll will be a year older and Gerrard will hoepfully be fit.

Some might think Im crazy suggesting we can win the league next year, and that its just another"this is our year " comment, but I honeslty believe it, one top class goalscorer and those 1-1 at Sunderland, 1-1 with Norwich, 0-0 with Swansea and draws with UTD and City turn into wins, those are the margins of being where we are and being possibly as much as 10 points better off when you think about stoke and fulham aswell.

I reckon this season, Kenny will realise that, if I can then someone as good a manager as Kenny damn sure will, and I honestly cannot see us not finishing top 4 next season, and believe me, I am not writing off this season, a couple of additions in January, and the return of our captain, and who know what can happen, just look at the run last season when Kenny came in.

YNWA.

This season, has been onnes of highs and lows, and we arent even at the half way point yet, so no doubt there are still several of both left to come.

From what I have seen this year, I have been please generally, like many. Yes ofcourse there are still some issues like the "Carroll problem" or the lack of finishing teams, but what I have seen has made me really positive for the future.

This season, I unfortunately do not see us getting top four, and the ONLY reason for that, is that we do not scre enough.

However, this season we have the best defence in the league, and that is despite the 4-0 vs Spurs when we were down to 9, so that shows just how good this defence is, and it will only improve IMO.

For these reason, I honestly am 100% that next season, we will finish top 4, and I dont say that in hope, I say that with 100 confidence, and even further, I think we can challenge for the league next season, as I think we are only one top class striker and one top class wide player/playmaker away from really going for the league.

Look at this season, we tend to win 1-0, draw 0-0, lose 1-0. There is such fine margins, and the addition of even just one top class triker who can put these chances away would make all the difference, and add to that it will be a season where Hendo has more experience, Suarez will be getting even better, Adam will accustomed to playing for us, and Carroll will be a year older and Gerrard will hoepfully be fit.

Some might think Im crazy suggesting we can win the league next year, and that its just another"this is our year " comment, but I honeslty believe it, one top class goalscorer and those 1-1 at Sunderland, 1-1 with Norwich, 0-0 with Swansea and draws with UTD and City turn into wins, those are the margins of being where we are and being possibly as much as 10 points better off when you think about stoke and fulham aswell.

I reckon this season, Kenny will realise that, if I can then someone as good a manager as Kenny damn sure will, and I honestly cannot see us not finishing top 4 next season, and believe me, I am not writing off this season, a couple of additions in January, and the return of our captain, and who know what can happen, just look at the run last season when Kenny came in.

YNWA.

If we don't finish top 4 this season, and the FA keep hounding Suarez at every opportunity, then I think we may struggle to keep him in the summer, depending on who wants to buy him (if anyone), which would set us further back.

If we don't finish top 4 this season, and the FA keep hounding Suarez at every opportunity, then I think we may struggle to keep him in the summer, depending on who wants to buy him (if anyone), which would set us further back.

Thats my main worry, but I think we could get atleast another season out of him without CL football, if we miss it this season and next, then we are in huge trouble.

Carroll will be a year older?

I sincerely hope he grow older somewhere else and not at this club.

...oh and we should be targeting 4th place this season not next.

Also don't forget on our World Class winger we have in the team like Downing. I bet Downing will grow older next season.

Our aim should be top four. We need a new stadium sooner rather than fucking later. We need the income that comes with that. If that doesn't happen any time soon we won't win the league anytime soon, in my honest opinion. (Unless FSG decides to splash silly City money every window).

Any news on the stadium, by the way? Heard fuck all lately, but then again I haven't really been looking for any news either.

Cheerio. Top 4 and us getting back into the CL will be a good start for us to try and win the league again though.

Carroll will be a year older?

I sincerely hope he grow older somewhere else and not at this club.

...oh and we should be targeting 4th place this season not next.

Also don't forget on our World Class winger we have in the team like Downing. I bet Downing will grow older next season.

Give the lad a bit of time. The 35M has been spent, there nothing we can do now, so getting rid would be crazy as we would barely get anything backk at this time.

Like as if we haven't done it before. Re Robbie Keane.

Who was bought for 20M and sold for 15M and was what 27/28?

Carroll is 22, so room for improvement, and realistically, we would only get 15M back for him, which is a huge loss compared to the loss made on Robbie Keane.

Who was bought for 20M and sold for 15M and was what 27/28?

Carroll is 22, so room for improvement, and realistically, we would only get 15M back for him, which is a huge loss compared to the loss made on Robbie Keane.

If there's so much room for improvement we would get more for him instead of the 15mil you talk about. You are talking out of your puckered little derriere.

If there's so much room for improvement we would get more for him instead of the 15mil you talk about. You are talking out of your puckered little derriere.

So how much do you honestly think we could get ?

15M at the moment, which is pointless to sell for.

IMO we should keep him, hope comes good, or if we dont wan to keep him, play him so gets a little bit of form then in the summer we might be able to get 20M-25M

So how much do you honestly think we could get ?

15M at the moment, which is pointless to sell for.

IMO we should keep him, hope comes good, or if we dont wan to keep him, play him so gets a little bit of form then in the summer we might be able to get 20M-25M

10 mil at most unless he score at least 15 goals in the second half of the season we could get 15mil max.

20-25mil? Which fucking club would be as crazy as us to pay that amount of money for Carroll in the summer? What form? Play him? and risk the whole team morale because of his average non scoring attitude?

no wonder this site isnt a patch on RAWK

Sorry... what?

Not that i condone what Silverlining said because you've said nothing in this thread to suggest your a fuckwitted cunt, but seriously... if you feel this way, why are you here? Go back to RAWK if you like it that much there.