You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gary Speed

Mbrownrigg

I won't.

Well, that would be disrespectful to his family. Not to mention Kenny and Bellamy, who are both known to be extremely upset by this news. But, no, just to give a physical expression of your faux outrage, you stand there with your arms crossed.

People like you make me sick.

Well, that would be disrespectful to his family. Not to mention Kenny and Bellamy, who are both known to be extremely upset by this news. But, no, just to give a physical expression of your faux outrage, you stand there with your arms crossed.

People like you make me sick.

I did my minute's silence bit LAST week, when he had ANOTHER one.

You can go and fuck yourself deep, hard and dry. Never knew the fella, he had fuck all to do with my club, never gave the bloke a second thought in my whole fucking life, so go fuck yourself if I "make you sick".

You know what makes me sick?

Sycophantic, self righteous, attention seeking, utterly manufactured mourning for some cunt you didn't give a flying sloppy fuck about until last Sunday: That's what makes me fucking sick.

So go and fuck yourself. And stop trying to force me to me in to feeling devastated about just some other bloke who sadly chose to off himself.

Sorry, but that's all he is to me.

If you killed yourself I'd probably be more gutted. At least I've called you a fucking cunt on the internet, which is more than I can say I ever did with Gary fucking Speed.

You fucking cunt.

Edited by Tom R

It's got nothing to do with which club he played for. It's about football mourning the loss of one of it's own.

Do me a fucking favour.

Where was our minute's silence for Ronnie Clayton , Blackburn Legend, who died last year? or Ken McNaught of Aston Villa?

Do we now have to have a minutes fucking silence/applause when every cunt who's ever played football well pops his clogs?

When would we ever get around to, you know, actually playing fucking football?

It's RIDICULOUS.

Do me a fucking favour.

Where was our minute's silence for Ronnie Clayton , Blackburn Legend, who died last year? or Ken McNaught of Aston Villa?Do we now have to have a minutes fucking silence/applause for every cunt who's ever played football well pops his clogs?

It's RIDICULOUS.

They were both observed impeccably in the Ezekiel household.

Guest ShoePiss
Do me a fucking favour.

Where was our minute's silence for Ronnie Clayton , Blackburn Legend, who died last year? or Ken McNaught of Aston Villa?

Do we now have to have a minutes fucking silence/applause when every cunt who's ever played football well pops his clogs?

It's RIDICULOUS.

I had to google both of those players, Ken McNaught is still alive. I suggest that we do a minutes silence for him anyway.

Ah yeah, you're quite right. I remember a mate's Facebook status saying he was thinking about Ken McNaught today blah blah.

Turns out that it was his wife who'd died! haha

Doesn't matter, the way this shit is fucking going we might as well have one for her an' all anyway!

Do me a fucking favour.

Ken McNaught's gone?

*shakes fist at the heavens*

Why God? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

It's always the good ones!!!!!!

EDIT: Oh, he's not dead. It's Ken McNaught's wife who is. Arsed!

Do me a fucking favour.

It's RIDICULOUS.

He doesn't need it, and probably won't care, but i'm backing Tom R on this one. For me personally Tom has gone all guns blazing but his point is a totally valid one. I appreciate people wanting to express their condolences but how long is this gonna go on? We've shown our respects now it's time to let the family grieve. I'm reeeeally hoping nothing bad comes from all this.

I did my minute's silence bit LAST week, when he had ANOTHER one.

You can go and fuck yourself deep, hard and dry. Never knew the fella, he had fuck all to do with my club, never gave the bloke a second thought in my whole fucking life, so go fuck yourself if I "make you sick".

You know what makes me sick?

Sycophantic, self righteous, attention seeking, utterly manufactured mourning for some cunt you didn't give a flying sloppy fuck about until last Sunday: That's what makes me fucking sick.

So go and fuck yourself. And stop trying to force me to me in to feeling devastated about just some other bloke who sadly chose to off himself.

Sorry, but that's all he is to me.

If you killed yourself I'd probably be more gutted. At least I've called you a fucking cunt on the internet, which is more than I can say I ever did with Gary fucking Speed.

You fucking cunt.

It's a black fly in your Chardonnay

Do me a fucking favour.

It's RIDICULOUS.

It seems appropriate to me that the footballing community do something to acknowledge the fact that a recently retired player who was still very active in the game has tragically lost his life. I can't explain why but it just feels right to me. Even if it didn't I wouldn't begrudge others wanting to show their respects.

I don't understand why it bothers you so much.

Guest ShoePiss
It seems appropriate to me that the footballing community do something to acknowledge the fact that a recently retired player who was still very active in the game has tragically lost his life. I can't explain why but it just feels right to me. Even if it didn't I wouldn't begrudge others wanting to show their respects.

I honestly think it's to liven up the forum, it's pretty much dead and I've enjoyed his contribution to this thread.

Agree, and I don't think it helps to 'glorify' it. Listen to freakanomics podcast on suicide to learn more.

Or just barge in with a hysterical reply, as is your want.

Good podcast that, highlights when there is a high profile suicide ie a famous person, mass media reporting can act as a trigger. In other words there are often copycat suicides, there is some logic in reinforcing the negatives more than we may think.

It bothers me because a) I'VE ALREADY FUCKING DONE IT. And b) I wasn't really mad on doing it then either!

If I'd gone to CHelsea away then I'd have had to have this shit foisted on me three times!

THREE FUCKING TIMES!!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I don't remember Billy Liddell, arguably the greatest player in our history even getting one at Anfield? Did he? If he did I don't remember it.

And I definitely don't remember any other grounds around the country grinding to a halt three times, twice or even once for Billy, or for Bob paisley, or for Matt Busby, or for anyone else for that matter who was perhaps twice the player or ten times the manager and very possibly even better "great blokes" (Copyright every ex-footballer in the world this week) than fucking Gary Speed ever was or ever would be!

But okay, let's play along. Let's get some fucking fairness and balance in to this then shall we.

Every time "a football great*" dies we should all do at least two one minute silences/appluases at every ground in the fucking country. Yeah?

No, didn't think so.

So, it would appear that this over the top public outpouring of grief and woe and outright despair only actually applies if you fucking top yourself in weird circumstances.

Well fuck that. I won't be getting involved in any more. It's fucking bullshit.

You can all cry in to your scouse pies as much as you fucking well like and pretend like you give a massive fuck, but you don't.

And that's my last word on it - and i mean it this time. My wife has a cold and I have to go out and get her some Lemsip.

Hey, you know what, I just realised that I probably give about 3,546,667% more of a fuck about my wife's cold than I ever did about Gary Speed when he was alive.

RIP My Wife's Cold.

YNWA

Banner on the Kop for my wife's cold anyone?

* A title of which, apparently, a career haul of just 2 FA Cup wins and one league title now makes you eligible. Sweet God above help us all when "Giggsy" finally karks it. I imagine we'll all be having a 90 minute fucking silence and a one minute game!

I'm going to be blunt about this.

If Gary Speed had killed himself on a Wednesday the likelihood is that the weekend following would be dedicated to Gary, and that's it, with only his former clubs should they not be playing at home that weekend planning their own further tribute.

LFC have played in two games 48 hours after his death in two high profile games, where Chelsea wanted to pay their respects, regardless of whether we had or not.

The whole situation is awkward, it's not a farce, or overkill it's just the circumstances and timing of his death.

Seeing as the minutes silence was going to happen before anything about Speed even came out, for Brad Jones' son, then I don't see the problem with adding Speed's name onto the announcment before the silence.

I don't see the issue. At all, in any way, shape or form.

Sorry Tom, but I think the argument is irrelevant. A well respected figure of the game has sadly died in the most awful circumstances. He was a model professional and had the respect from all corners of the game. A club like ours should be able to see that and respect him accordingly.

Honestly, if any non red was worth shutting the fuck up, for an extra two minutes, it was him.

Personally speaking, I'm still rather taken back by his death. It's incredibly sad, for someone who has lived a life many of us could only dream of, has a beautiful wife and 2 kids, to end it all because seemingly he couldn't speak to anyone. Well that's hearbreaking.

I don't like the way you've quoted a line as if to imply something has gone at this dinner party that's led to his suicide, but the point you make about subsequently being made to look foolish is one I've been biting my tongue on for a few days now.

I imply nothing, just ask the questions.

Why no reference to the presence, or absence of, a suicide note?

Why has there been no mention whatsover of third parties who were at the house the night before, and apparently there when the incident happened?

I accept that there is no public interest argument. But there is substantial public interest in what happened.