You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Pistonbroke

Yeah, I agree anything north of 300 is a good basis for them after their start. I'd just like to see how England would perform chasing 400-500, knowing the series is in the balance. The more this young side experience prolonged periods of cricket under pressure, the better they'll become.

True, but the Aussies will give us that challenge on a regular basis come the ashes. 

Guest Pistonbroke

40 from 5 overs from the Tail, England's plans for bowling to the tail is pathetic under Cook, the fucking anus. 

Guest Pistonbroke

He's just hoping something happens, he hasn't got a fucking clue here.

Same old same mate. The weather will probably see to a draw and the record books will say we won a series 1-0 against NZ with Cook as captain, proof that stats are a load of bollocks at times. The Aussies are going to fuck us up bad under Cook unless the likes of Root, Stokes and Ballance bat well and give us a sniff of a chance. Broad is also anothe lucky cricketer, he bowls some fucking shite at times but gets enough wickets to keep his place! 

Guest Pistonbroke

Now we can watch our top order scratch about for runs before getting out cheaply. Cook's talk will be to occupy time at the crease, he'll have no fucking thought about attacking cricket. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Off to pick my youngest son up from Kick Boxing, I fully expect England to be 2 down at least when I get back in 30 minutes. 

They just said the stats say England are the best in the World at bowling to the top five in teams. But they are the second worst to six to eleven.

Guest Pistonbroke

We all knew that anyway. They have struggled with tail enders for donkeys. I'd hazard a guess at our tail enders being one of the worst for getting runs in Test Cricket as well. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Loved the biography they just did on Sir Richard Hadlee, looking forward to the second part tomorrow. He was some bowler, when you look at the records and how high up the list he is having played between 20-30 games less than the fast bowlers above him in the all time best wicket takers.