You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand what's taking so long to be honest, not to build it but to make a decision, it's been 12 months they have had to conduct their own studies to go along with the numerous other past studies that have been performed for both a new build AND redevelopment.

I'm not confident to be honest because if they have got a clear idea of what they want to do by now why arnt they sharing it? And if they havent, why not?

Is there any real chance of the owners wanting another stadium design/a new stadium being put forward other than the one presented by Hicks and Gillet for Stanley Park?

Time has moved on since the H&G scheme was first designed.

The cost of materials has changed, stadium design has moved on, and rich men and women like personal legacies. For all those reasons ( and whether it was the right design in the first place) it is doomed.

The matter of where , how and when £50m was spent, and by whom is a scandal still under wraps.

As of 6 month ago when I was dealing with them, alot of the housing that Arena had on Lothair and Alroy road and surrounding area was empty due to how run down the properties were, they were only then beginning to renovate some (which they were dragging their heels starting), I'm not sure how far they have got to now but they were in a bad state. It's ridiculous that after all these years they start them and then the club turns around wanting cpo's putting on them.

My main point though was that I'd be surprised if half their houses were occupied now.

There are 6 or 7 houses occupied in Lothiar Road.

Guest alantkayll

Just to answer tyler. The club are only looking at two things anfield and new stadium werner quoted on that last week. That is it. They cant tell you what one if the council dont pass it. Its a joke. The council want the club to spend tens of millions more on the area and the club are saying we want to sort a stadium we are not developers. I agree with them on that. If you look around the ground its really only rockfield road and lothiar road plus one other street that is the problem that looks like beruit. Opposite the kop those roads are getting new houses built they have started from robson st and heading down. We could offer the 6/7 people who live in lothiar road a very good deal to move out. But all the ones boarded up are either owned by johnny concretes or arena housing and they have left them houses to rot. I even know that the club would have to put a sports centre back into stanley park which they will if we can redevelop. I find it amazing we cant do that considering the money this club already pours into this city.

If Werner thinks we can afford to wait 2 years for plans to be drawn up and then a further 3 to build them I fear for where we are going to be by that time. We can't afford to wait that long, especially with FFP supposedly being fully implemented by then.

Don't want to sound all hysterical but we have already had The Mancs and Arsenal overtake us with foresight, I don't think I could cope if we now let Chelsea, Spurs and City overtake us aswell while we again sit around making nice expensive drawings.

If Everton city council were in any mood to "help" and show evidence of "the political will" to move things forward they could float the idea of condemning some of those shacks on Lothair Rd. That would wake up some of those who are trying to hold the club hostage.

Cold day in hell first.

Just to answer tyler. The club are only looking at two things anfield and new stadium werner quoted on that last week. That is it. They cant tell you what one if the council dont pass it. Its a joke. The council want the club to spend tens of millions more on the area and the club are saying we want to sort a stadium we are not developers. I agree with them on that. If you look around the ground its really only rockfield road and lothiar road plus one other street that is the problem that looks like beruit. Opposite the kop those roads are getting new houses built they have started from robson st and heading down. We could offer the 6/7 people who live in lothiar road a very good deal to move out. But all the ones boarded up are either owned by johnny concretes or arena housing and they have left them houses to rot. I even know that the club would have to put a sports centre back into stanley park which they will if we can redevelop. I find it amazing we cant do that considering the money this club already pours into this city.

I do think we are being overly optimistic with the number of houses that would need clearing to be honest.

If the main stand and annie road are to be increased in size so much, I would be very surprised if those were the only houses that needed moving.

The main stand would damn near need to double in size and would go back much further.

It's difficult because the neighbourhood has been messed around so much over the years by the parry bowl plan and the hks plans never coming to fruition that I can see why patience has run out.

As of 6 month ago when I was dealing with them, alot of the housing that Arena had on Lothair and Alroy road and surrounding area was empty due to how run down the properties were, they were only then beginning to renovate some (which they were dragging their heels starting), I'm not sure how far they have got to now but they were in a bad state. It's ridiculous that after all these years they start them and then the club turns around wanting cpo's putting on them.

My main point though was that I'd be surprised if half their houses were occupied now.

With the cessation of the HMR the Govt provided £30m of funding to finish off any housing projects.

5 local pathfinders are eligible to vote for this funding,

the Govt will "price match" any of these projects and LCC have totalled a bid for £10.5m,

The criteria is for streets of run down desolated housing is for streets with 10-50% occupancy.

A decision on this funding is imminent so we might see a bit of movement regarding housing around the ground

To clarify this post Alan ,I believe that the two alternatives which the club will consider are an Anfield redevelopment , and a resubmitted Stanley Park/ Anfield Plaza application ( although all that is required on Anfield Plaza is a detailed consent).

It is the Club’s responsibility to submit an application which meets current planning legislation.

You are right to point out that FSG are football club owners, not urban regenerators. However the chances of the club being able to build a stadium which will meet the needs of the 21st Century on land already owned by the Club are pretty much nil. The chances of the Club securing CPO’s without making regeneration payments are similarly pretty much nil. Any attempt to do so would almost certainly fail on appeal.

There is no requirement on the Club to build a sports centre consequent to existing planning consents. A sports centre, paid for by FSG, is likely to be an inadequate gesture to secure CPO’s.

To clarify this post Alan ,I believe that the two alternatives which the club will consider are an Anfield redevelopment , and a resubmitted Stanley Park/ Anfield Plaza application ( although all that is required on Anfield Plaza is a detailed consent).

It is the Club’s responsibility to submit an application which meets current planning legislation.

You are right to point out that FSG are football club owners, not urban regenerators. However the chances of the club being able to build a stadium which will meet the needs of the 21st Century on land already owned by the Club are pretty much nil. The chances of the Club securing CPO’s without making regeneration payments are similarly pretty much nil. Any attempt to do so would almost certainly fail on appeal.

There is no requirement on the Club to build a sports centre consequent to existing planning consents. A sports centre, paid for by FSG, is likely to be an inadequate gesture to secure CPO’s.

All CPO have to be negotiated,

failure to find a solution will result in legal action been taken to solve the problem

I do think we are being overly optimistic with the number of houses that would need clearing to be honest.

If the main stand and annie road are to be increased in size so much, I would be very surprised if those were the only houses that needed moving.

The main stand would damn near need to double in size and would go back much further.

It's difficult because the neighbourhood has been messed around so much over the years by the parry bowl plan and the hks plans never coming to fruition that I can see why patience has run out.

We just need the Club to come clean on what ownerships are required to deliver a viable scheme TW.

An Annie Rd and Main Stand redevelopment which delivers a 63,000 capacity ( as believed by Alan) requires a main stand to be significantly bigger than the North Stand at Old Trafford. The chances of that passing planning are negligible.

The consistent message is of a lack of transparency from FSG.

All CPO have to be negotiated,failure to find a solution will result in legal action been taken to solve the problem

A CPO has to demonstrate a compelling public interest. My view is that the expansion of a private stadium alone would not meet that criteria.

You are right to point out that a "sweet heart" deal with the council would be overturned on appeal.

I've said this in another thread but groundshare is back on the agenda in a big way, despite what Werner said. The proposal being that financial backers will build the stadium going through LCC and both clubs will pay rent. Major shopping and hotel centre is likely on the existing Anfield site, Goodison looking like a more residential development is on the cards.

I've said this in another thread but groundshare is back on the agenda in a big way, despite what Lerner said. Financial backers will build the stadium going through LCC and both clubs will pay rent. Major shopping and hotel centre is likely on the existing Anfield site, Goodison looking like a more residential development is on the cards.

Shopping centres? Hotel? Residential development? where have you been the last 3 years, the world is in the biggest financial crisis in 100 years, people do not need shopping centres or hotels as regular people don't have money to spend and they'd go bust within 12 months. How many nights a year would that hotel at Anfield remain empty, over 310 I guarantee you.

Shopping centres? Hotel? Residential development? where have you been the last 3 years, the world is in the biggest financial crisis in 100 years, people do not need shopping centres or hotels as regular people don't have money to spend and they'd go bust within 12 months. How many nights a year would that hotel at Anfield remain empty, over 310 I guarantee you.

I know what you mean, I suppose only time will tell.

Anfield is the worst area in the world for a retail development.

I think the club should look at being involved in the Liverpool Waters scheme, getting a bitching arse naming rights deal and investing a respectful sum of money into the regeneration of Anfield.

Discuss.

I think the club should look at being involved in the Liverpool Waters scheme, getting a bitching arse naming rights deal and investing a respectful sum of money into the regeneration of Anfield.

Discuss.

Ant, I can understand why LFC should contribute to the surrounding area while their in Anfield, but why should they want or feel the need to invest in an area once they've gone ? An area they'll have been effectively forced out of.

Ant' date=' I can understand why LFC should contribute to the surrounding area while their in Anfield, but why should they want or feel the need to invest in an area once they've gone ? An area they'll have been effectively forced out of.[/quote']

If you want to take that sort of view of it we minds as well have been stuck with the other bastards!

It's a goodwill gesture, which would be nice. Lets say for example, we get PP for a 75k Seater stadium in Liverpool Waters scheme.

We get 200 Million in naming rights, with other sponsorships and the likes. Giving something in the region of 20 Million to the area of Anfield to improve housing would be a fantastic gesture. It's not the people of Anfield that have forced out the club, it's the council.

Discuss.

The detail of what would go into Anfield Plaza is not established.FSG have, for whatever reason, failed to bottom that out.

I do not agree that Anfield Plaza cannot support viable and sustainable businesses.

I have always doubted the viabiity of a Football Quarter.

The Liverpool Waters scheme comprises plans which are subject to an existing planning application. Were we to be involved, a fresh application would be required, a process which would take a long time and would involve terms for land acquisition which are unlikely to be bettered by those we already hold for Stanley Park.

We are looking for a naming rights deal at the worst time in our modern history ( no league title for two decades, no European football at all, no honours for six years).