You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

You know, if people wanted to join Spurs over Liverpool last season because they were in the CL and we weren't, then they've not go the mental capacity to play the game anyway. If they can't see what's being built here, they're not worth having.

Being out of the CL didn't stop Bayern signing a shit load of top players. It shouldn't stop us, either.

1) Anyone with a brain would have joined Spurs over Liverpool last season because they were in the CL, had a better squad, a better manager and established owners who weren't cunts. Last summer Roy Hodgson was manager, and the only player who joined when given the choice of us or Spurs was Joe Cole. Quod Erat Demonstratum.

2) It didn't stop Bayern because they're the biggest, richest, most successful and famous club in Germany, who pay the highest wages

Next.

Fingers are crossed for the Hazard move. Totally agree with most of the talk here for a decent left back though.

For me the jury is out on Enrique, admittedly only started watching him more closely after we were linked with him, impressed at times and made some interesting defending choices other times. Some decent level clubs are looking at him, including the Old Toilet and clubs in Spain and Italy which must count for something, mind you united use the media smoke screen to hide who they're really after anyway.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
1) Anyone with a brain would have joined Spurs over Liverpool last season

Utter bollocks. Anybody with a brain would have known they'd be in one seasons and out of the Champions League the next.

2) It didn't stop Bayern because they're the biggest, richest, most successful and famous club in Germany, who pay the highest wages

Next.

Next?

3) You're a cunt.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

As for Baines... he can cross the fuck out of a football. Wouldn't be bad for Carroll. If the choice is between him and Enrique, then great.

Next.

We are one of the biggest, most successful, famous and richest clubs in the richest, most famous league in Europe!

To suggest we are not a draw is ridiculous in my opinion, last season there was non footballing reasons for giving us a swerve, but as Suarez shows we can attract the players.

It seems a bit of a silly argument to suggest that Young is a possible signing whereas Hazzard is not seem silly as Young is probably more high profile. I think financially we won't be able to get Sanchez, but it would seem that Hazzard is a possibility (which has suprised me, since I thought he was nailed on for Arsenal).

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Why? Effortlessly making you look fucking stupid isn't the preserve of cunts.

You know, calling me stupid might offend me more if I were actually stupid. As for calling you a cunt, it was a joke. I see why you were offended though.

You know, if people wanted to join Spurs over Liverpool last season because they were in the CL and we weren't, then they've not go the mental capacity to play the game anyway. If they can't see what's being built here, they're not worth having.

Being out of the CL didn't stop Bayern signing a shit load of top players. It shouldn't stop us, either.

You're working on the assumption that players even give a shit about the history of the club that they're going to sign for.

You're working on the assumption that players even give a shit about the history of the club that they're going to sign for.

In all fairness, you are also working on the assumption that they don't! If you want to sign lower class players then you will eventually attract lower class players.

We won't get Kaka, but hopefully we can attract the next Kaka.

We are one of the biggest, most successful, famous and richest clubs in the richest, most famous league in Europe!

To suggest we are not a draw is ridiculous in my opinion, last season there was non footballing reasons for giving us a swerve, but as Suarez shows we can attract the players.

It seems a bit of a silly argument to suggest that Young is a possible signing whereas Hazzard is not seem silly as Young is probably more high profile. I think financially we won't be able to get Sanchez, but it would seem that Hazzard is a possibility (which has suprised me, since I thought he was nailed on for Arsenal).

The awareness of foreign players to the situation at Liverpool is going to be very different to that of someone like Ashley Young for example. Why would someone like Hazard choose us over say Arsenal?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'm not, Sanch. I'm working on the assumption that, when signing a 5/6 year contract, that people don't judge on one season when clearly loads of money is being poured into a club that's resurgent. I think it's a pretty safe bet that people don't only join a club for their one-off involvement in European competition.

The awareness of foreign players to the situation at Liverpool is going to be very different to that of someone like Ashley Young for example. Why would someone like Hazard choose us over say Arsenal?

Cause Arsenal are a bunch of bottling cunts with shite fans?

I am not that he would to be fair! As I say, I assumed that they would snap him up, maybe their priorities have changed, or maybe we can sell the project.

Come to Liverpool and play with Steven Gerrard, Suarez, Reinna, and Paul Konchesky, in front of one of the most famous set of fans in the world. We are not a bad sale, I think it could come down to options and to a player like Hazzard there are not that many.

Come to Liverpool and play with Steven Gerrard, Suarez, Reinna, and Paul Konchesky, in front of one of the most famous set of fans in the world. We are not a bad sale, I think it could come down to options and to a player like Hazzard there are not that many.

You were on roll till that.

Paul fucking Konchesky would be a fucking hard sell, even to his own mother.

Sub him for Kuyt, Carroll and Lucas and you might be on to something there.

You were on roll till that.

Paul fucking Konchesky would be a fucking hard sell, even to his own mother.

Sub him for Kuyt, Carroll and Lucas and you might be on to something there.

Are you suggesting that Paul Konchesky would not be seen as a plus point in signing for Liverpool?

Disgraceful attittude to have, he was just unlucky and it was pure coincidence that we chose to spend the rest of the season with no natural left back than him!