You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ancelotti

JohnnyH

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have a look at why things have gone wrong at Chelsea first. Not saying it's necessarily to do with him, but things have really unravelled for them over the past few months and it'd be interesting to know why that is.

The sacking of Wilkins has caused a lot of disharmony. He was very popular. People don't appreciate how much backroom issues can affect a team.

The sacking of Wilkins has caused a lot of disharmony. He was very popular. People don't appreciate how much backroom issues can affect a team.

I've no doubt that's true, but their poor form stretches back to before that happened. There seems to be a lot going on behind the scenes there, and I'm not saying it has anything to do with Ancelotti, but it'd be interesting to know the ins and outs of it.

I'd have a look at why things have gone wrong at Chelsea first. Not saying it's necessarily to do with him, but things have really unravelled for them over the past few months and it'd be interesting to know why that is.

Selling Carvalho was a huge mistake and not replacing him.

Their back up is utter wank. Look at their fucking bench. Sunderland have more strength and depth.

Not the youngest squad in the first place and is another year older.

Have some utter cunts like Terry, Drogba and Cole.

Does any one know the system he uses? Has three flat midfielders, then a forward upfront and then Malouda and Anelka (or Kalou) play all over the place. Last year he played a daimond formation and did well. At Milan he had a defensive midfielder (Gattuso) on the right side of the midfield. WTF!!!

In answer to your 1st question without a doubt, he's a top class coach but he won't be going anywhere for a bit IMO.

And this post your correct, a good assistant is priceless and there's obviously Bern a reaction to Wilkins departure.

when Rafa sacked pako and surrounded himself with a harem of yes men it started his spiral at us, as nobody would pull him up on the crazy decisions, so abramovich has made a bad decision there

Completely agree Johnny. From a tactical point of view he is the best in Europe.

He learnt from playing in the invincible Milan side with the likes of Baresi, Maldini, Van Basten and Rijkaard so knows how the game should be played.

His ideology has formed the basis for modern european football forcing many to clone his tactics and systems. Ideal candidate but i'm just not sure he'd want the challenge of taking us back up. We are a massive project for somebody out there, but it won't be Ancelotti.

Guest San Don

Hmmmm. Not sure. He doesnt seem to be able to arrest chelsea's amazing loss of form, for whatever reason they have lost form.

Plus he's another massive mate of ferguson's isnt he?

Does any one know the system he uses? Has three flat midfielders, then a forward upfront and then Malouda and Anelka (or Kalou) play all over the place. Last year he played a daimond formation and did well. At Milan he had a defensive midfielder (Gattuso) on the right side of the midfield. WTF!!!

The flat 3 midfielders mirrors the great Milan side of the early 90's with Donadoni, Ancelotti and Gullit. You just couldn't get the ball off them with the 3 working in a triangle, sounds simple but was just so effective all around the pitch. Mancini is trying to use the same system at city now by overloading with centre mids.

when Rafa sacked pako and surrounded himself with a harem of yes men it started his spiral at us, as nobody would pull him up on the crazy decisions

Cant agree with that at all. Maybe Benitez is better with Pako, maybe not. One thing i do know is that we didn't peak as a team until 18-24 months after Pako left so i have no idea why people seem to be talking about Pako all the time lately. It's become quite a fashionable opinion without much substance.

In answer to your 1st question without a doubt, he's a top class coach but he won't be going anywhere for a bit IMO.

And this post your correct, a good assistant is priceless and there's obviously Bern a reaction to Wilkins departure.

when Rafa sacked pako and surrounded himself with a harem of yes men it started his spiral at us, as nobody would pull him up on the crazy decisions, so abramovich has made a bad decision there

Chelsea's poor form goes back to before Wilkins left.

Cant agree with that at all. Maybe Benitez is better with Pako, maybe not. One thing i do know is that we didn't peak as a team until 18-24 months after Pako left so i have no idea why people seem to be talking about Pako all the time lately. It's become quite a fashionable opinion without much substance.

Not 1 signing by Rafa after Pako was sacked improved the player he was replacing or strengthened the team, and in fact was quite inferior, theres enough Rafa threads so no need to go on, but Clough without Taylor, Rafa without Pako theres been plenty of examples, managers need assistants that can tell them when there wrong and be a link to the players not yes men.

If you read "Ballagues book on Rafa a season on the brink", it shows you how important Pako was to LFC and Rafa