You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evra was shit for his first six months...

As was Pires.

Difference is, they were all younger and played for established teams that were considered serious contenders.

That's the key.

Same as Craig Johnston.

I'd like to see what sort of impact he can make from the bench. Gradually ease him in. Give Babel a run in the side.

• 2 weeks later...
Average player so one footed, didn't put 1 good cross in

Tell you what, shite for brains, why not single out one player, bumping your own shit thread in the process, and start tearing strips off him. You really are a complete fucking mong aren't you. Oh, and you've still got the shittest user name on the site by a country mile.

Started well, one of the few players to make space for us by dribbling away from trouble and on a day when most were poor he doesn't deserve singling out other than how badly he dropped off towards the end. I will forgive a lot of things but when he started to look like he didn't give a shit that's when it got to me. Before that he was one of the better players on a bad day.

He clearly has talent but mentally I don't think he is ready to be our first choice.

Redder lutz you are a sad cunt, we're liverpool this lad is not good enough for us it blatantly obvious that he's out of his depth in this league

i'm a sad cunt? This comes from the bloke who uses a creatively poor all-round team performance to bump his own shit thread specifically to have a go at one individual player. He was hardly our worst performer today either, not by a long shot. Having a dig at the team performance is one thing. Singling out jova is pathetic. And change your user name; it's shite.

He's not shit. You don't score fuckloads of goals in Belgium or internationally if you're shit.

His main problem atm is he's scared to lose the ball. Basically he wants to run into channels rather than take on a man and risk losing it. His off-the-ball movement has been poor.

None of this is symptomatic of his overall career, just an exaggerated and counter-productive desire to make a strong first impression. When he calms down a bit he'll start piling up the goals.

I think he is a decent enough player. He came on a free and is approximately meeting expectations. He hasn't stunk the place out and he hasn't done anything earth shattering.

We certainly should not be slamming him at this early stage, and for those who were expecting much more, they perhaps need to realign their expectations.

Our job this season on the pitch is to fight for fourth. Given the improvements other teams are making, and given our last four windows with no money spent overall, this will be difficult - but we can do it.

Our job this season off the pitch is to hopefully welcome new owners who will be the custodians this club needs, and will invest in the likes of Mata or someone of that ilk, thus relegating the decent-but-not-spectacular Jovanovic to the bench.