You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

No, people are just highlighting the fact that Paul Konchesky is a distinctly average footballer who has lead a journeyman career around various London clubs. He is 29 years of age and has never played for a top club, never won anything of note, and the highlight of his career is 15 England U21 caps. Excuse me for not pissing myself with excitement.

I know the shackles are clearly on Roy here, just as they where with Rafa over the past 2 years. But I'm sorry, I just do not see the logic in this signing. Luke Young, Paul Konchesky, Carlton Cole, what is it about second rate cockneys that we are so obsessed with at the moment? I know we need a quota of homegrown players, but we must be able to fuckin do better than this? I don't see Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, City, Villa trawling through London for average Englishmen to boost their quota.

Three clubs in the space of, what, ten years? Hardly Steve Claridge, is he?

Fernando Torres had never won anything of note before we signed him, what difference does it make? (Not that I think Konchesky will have anything close to the impact Torres had, obviously)

Have we signed Luke Young? And who's linking us to Carlton Cole? Alan Nixon? We were linked with Carlton Cole last season, too, as well as almost signing the fraud Heskey.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My recollection is that loads of people moaned when Cavalieri was bought on exactly the same grounds as people are unimpressed by the Jones signing now.

I don't think buying Jones is a big deal either way but I do think Gulacsi is better placed to cover than Martin was when Cavalieri came.

Three clubs in the space of, what, ten years? Hardly Steve Claridge, is he?

Fernando Torres had never won anything of note before we signed him, what difference does it make? (Not that I think Konchesky will have anything close to the impact Torres had, obviously)

Have we signed Luke Young? And who's linking us to Carlton Cole? Alan Nixon? We were linked with Carlton Cole last season, too, as well as almost signing the fraud Heskey.

It just smacks of average to me. Massively average. I don't see him bettering us. I'd rather keep Insua, use Aurellio, Danny Wilson, fuckin hell I'd re-sign John Arne Riise. I've never rated the lad, and £3-4million on a very very average 29 year old player who will likely come in as our first choice left back worries me a lot.

A West Ham supporting mate of mine says we've been in touch with them recently regarding Carlton Cole.

Apparently tried to hack Babel off over there in a straight swap, which got rejected out of hand, then came back with a 7m + 6m in clauses offer - which I'm not sure on the resolution yet.

Not sure how legitimate it is, but he's a player I like, and he's developed pretty well at West Ham over recent years.

Nemeth sold for ''financial reasons.''

@ neiljjones Nemeth agent: "#LFC told us it is not question of quality but a financial decision. As it is with others out this season."

Hhhhmmm an agent trying to make his client look better I think.

He had a tone of potential but never lived upto it!!! He was sold because he's getting too old to be a reserve and simply isn't good enough for the first team.

EXCLUSIVE TMW - Zavaglia Liverpool has the mandate to Kyrgiakos

'left this morning from Turin to Liverpool, with the private plane of Juventus, the agent Franco Zavaglia, officially to define the last details of the transfer of Alberto Aquilani. Zavaglia, now flying to Turin, he returned with the warrant signed by the Reds to give Juve defender greek, Sotirios Kyrgiakos. Time is short, Marotta has other preferences but the central Liverpool could be a last minute solution

TUTTO MERCATO WEB - ESCLUSIVA TMW - Zavaglia a Liverpool: ha il mandato per Kyrgiakos

Paul Konchesky? Carlton Cole? For a combined £15 million if you put Clauses in?

Wasn't Roy supposed to be good in the transfer market!? Carlton Cole is also a crock! Fuck sake, whoever is making these signings hasn't a fucking clue have they? Scouting department need to be fucked off ASAP. Surely we can do better than these two for this kind of money!?

'no thank you' to either of those Roy

good to see that Roy is targeting a striker and a left back as a priority tho

if Rafa was here he'd still be going after players for positions that didn't need to be filled

Hi Christian, didn't realise you posted on TLW. Who else does Roy have in mind? When are we being sold?

Paul Konchesky? Carlton Cole? For a combined £15 million if you put Clauses in?

Wasn't Roy supposed to be good in the transfer market!? Carlton Cole is also a crock! Fuck sake, whoever is making these signings hasn't a fucking clue have they? Scouting department need to be fucked off ASAP. Surely we can do better than these two for this kind of money!?

We've been linked to over 100 players this summer, did you react like this everytime?

We've been linked to over 100 players this summer, did you react like this everytime?

But it's quite clear we've moved for both of them. There's decent sources to support this, it's not like the Paul Konchesky or Carlton Cole links are one off out of the blue now are they?

Or do you give this generic response everytime someone isn't pleased with the new manager? Roy is bulletproof on here. He can sign whoever he likes, do whatever the fuck he likes, just because his name isn't Rafael Benitez he can get away with it.

Roy fucks up the formation badly, but "it's ok, he went with 4-4-2, we were positive". Roy is in for Konchesky "He can do a job for us, he's solid" when in reality he's shit. Roy subs Babel after scoring and doesn't start him in the next game, " It's ok, Roy will put his arm around him and that alone constitutes good man management!"