You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

British players Roy could sign

Cantrell20

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PurpleNose
Never understood the fuss about Rossi. Scored in a couple of friendlies for the Mancs. Did nothing at Newcastle, doesn't do much at Villareal.

Been class in his three seasons at Villarreal. He's only 23 as well.

Just a much more accomplished forward than Darren Bent. Who basically just runs quite fast.

Guest PurpleNose
...and scores a lot of goals.

Lots of rubbish strikers score lots of goals in England. Especially players in the style of Darren Bent. A lot of teams defend high up the pitch. Which is why very average players like Bent, Defoe and Agbonlahor score goals here.

Same with our wingers. We rate players like Walcott, Lennon, SWP etc. They just run fast, and most of our league's fullbacks are very naive.

None of these players would do as well in Italy or Spain.

Bent may be more suited to our league than Rossi, but he isn't a better footballer.

Lots of rubbish strikers score lots of goals in England. Especially players in the style of Darren Bent. A lot of teams defend high up the pitch. Which is why very average players like Bent, Defoe and Agbonlahor score goals here.

Same with our wingers. We rate players like Walcott, Lennon, SWP etc. They just run fast, and most of our league's fullbacks are very naive.

None of these players would do as well in Italy or Spain.

Bent may be more suited to our league than Rossi, but he isn't a better footballer.

To be honest, I wouldn't care how good he was at football if he scored 25 goals in a season for us.

But he wouldn't. Remember Andy Johnson? Kevin Phillips? How come they never stepped up to big clubs? Darren Bent is just another of these.

Not really. Darren Bent has scored 87 goals in the last five years for three different clubs. That's more than any player in our side apart from Torres and Gerrard.

Guest PurpleNose
To be honest, I wouldn't care how good he was at football if he scored 25 goals in a season for us.

Neither would I. But I was answering this -

"Bent is better than Rossi."

I think Darren Bent is a good player and he can play as a lone striker.

However I think we should be looking to sign a striker to play with Torres and without him.

I am not sure Torres and Bent would work together, both very similar.

Think we need to get a Forlan or an Aguero type - plays that can play as leading strikers or back up ones.

However I am not sure who and the only British player who can do this is Rooney (maybe Crouch) and we won't be getting him.