You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafael Benítez on the brink of leaving Liverpool over Anfield rift

Both sides of the Rafa brigades need to stop bickering,and releasing rumours,no matter if it is fact or fiction.

All the rumours do is create more problems.

The pro Rafa need to face the fact,he does need to go.He wants his own way with everything.When he dosent get it,he throws a strop and just causes problems in the dressing room and boardroom.

His attitude stinks,his tactics stink,his signings past two years stink.

He dosent learn from his mistakes,because in his eyes he dosent make them.

The problem being the players and fans do see them.

The anti Rafa brigade need to realise,he dosent want to go.The hanging on for compo stuff is all crap.

The compo went out the window when admitting talking with Juve in January.

All this Gerrard to Citeh and Mascher and Nando unhappy with Rafa and will leave stuff,has to stop.Even if fact or fiction.

I would say its a bit of both,but it isnt helping in anyway.

Reason if there was truth,the owners would sack him as,if they left the clubs value will drop,also the fees for them players will be grabbed by RBS.

They have passed the stage of making money dissapear.It cant happen with transfer fees,as all that money would go straight to RBS and that debt.

So there isnt any damage Rafa can do in the transfer stakes as there is no money here even by selling players.

The only option for him is swapping players.

The owners and also RBS and Broughton know if Rafa goes the chances of selling the club becomes harder.

They know that a manager of his ability wont come here.They know Kenny is a option as short term,but he hasnt managed for a decade.So Rafa and his record is a better option,and no doubt if a potential buyer dosent want him,he will be removed.

A potential problem with selling the club,is the cayman island loan off C+A.

I would presume if a buyer is found,RBS will allow a reasonable time for the new owners to repay the monies owing to them.

The C+A loan done to the club would be almost certainly be called in withih hours of a sale.They can call that loan in now if they wanted but wont as it would make us insolvent,which does not help them at all.

So any buyer will almost certainly need the cash to pay that straight away.

The other scenario is if RBS dont think the owners want or seem not to be doing enough to sell us.

Which if the july thing is correct,they call in that loan,and C+A call in theres,which means players being sold to pay off both loans and whatever is left after that ie the club etc going to the highest offer.

So both the Rafa groups stop all this petty crap stuff stop it now.

We need to be together for the removal and hopefully quick sale of the club.

Otherwise both of you will wake up to see the club both of you love,minus any top players,broke and a in a state even worse than it is now.If we go into admin it will take years to repair the damage it will cause.

Rafa is not a priority at the moment,the priority of ownership and the clubs immediate future is.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SPAIN JOB APPEALS FOR FUTURE - BENITEZ

Rafael Benitez admits it is his dream to one day coach the Spanish national team but has reiterated his immediate future lies at Liverpool.

Benitez has been linked with a move away from Anfield this summer, with Inter Milan the latest club to be linked to the 50-year-old, although that rumour was dismissed by the Serie A champions on Wednesday morning.

Juventus were also believed to be courting Benitez but the Turin giants are set to unveil Luigi Del Neri as their new coach this week, and the Spaniard insists he is some years away from leaving Merseyside.

"Right now I have four years left in my contract with Liverpool and I am very happy there," Benitez said in quotes reported on AS.com: noticias deportivas en la red.

"But, of course, in a few years, once [spain coach Vicente] Del Bosque ends his work, I would like to be Spain coach.

"All of the Spanish coaches would like in the future to become national team manager."

The Liverpool boss also hit back at his critics following the Reds' disappointing seventh-placed league finish and early exit from the Champions League last season.

Benitez claims he is a victim of his own success after guiding the club to glory in the Champions League, FA Cup, European Super Cup and Community Shield in his first two years in the role.

"My critics in London say that I am not a good manager but they forget many details," he said. "Liverpool has averaged 69 points in the last 12 seasons.

"We made a huge mistake, as we won four titles at the start. Then people ask you for more, when in reality in the Premier League it's assumed that at the start a coach needs time to adapt.

"(Manchester United manager Sir Alex) Ferguson took seven years to win the Premier League."

Football365 | All The News | Football News | SPAIN JOB APPEALS FOR FUTURE - BENITEZ

Well if that aint the nightmare scenario - Torres goes, we keep Benitez

The best bit of that interview is:

Benitez did not circumvent the problem not experienced this season with his player Albert Riera: "It is a lie not to talk to the players, unlike, say I'm really heavy. It is normal to move out of Liverpool. He made a mistake in an interview and I have witnesses and pictures of something that I will not tell. "

Benitez claims he is a victim of his own success after guiding the club to glory in the Champions League, FA Cup, European Super Cup and Community Shield in his first two years in the role.

Hahaha thats some desperate stuff right there.

"My critics in London say that I am not a good manager but they forget many details," he said. "Liverpool has averaged 69 points in the last 12 seasons.

"We made a huge mistake, as we won four titles at the start. Then people ask you for more, when in reality in the Premier League it's assumed that at the start a coach needs time to adapt.

"(Manchester United manager Sir Alex) Ferguson took seven years to win the Premier League."

So it was a msitake to win those titles eh? Those titles are what has kept you in your job for so long Rafa even if we have failed to win fuck all the last 4 seasons.

And the crap about that its assumed that you as a coach needs to adapt, thats just shocking stuff.

Ferguson is the exception and certainly not the rule, if you dont win the title the first 4 season you will most likely never win it and thats not just a pattern in the PL but all over Europe.

More (detailed) quotes from the daily fail:

Rafa Benitez 'very happy' at Liverpool as he warns not to cash in on Fernando Torres | Mail Online

Rafa Benitez has defended his Liverpool record and castigated his critics for not being able to look past one bad season with the Reds.

The Anfield boss has returned to Spain to continue his future amid reports in Italy that Inter Milan are considering him as a potential replacement for Real Madrid-bound Jose Mourinho.

And he insisted he was 'very happy' at Liverpool and determined to put the record straight about his achievements.

'I have four years left on my Liveprool contract, I'm very happy, settled, the fans are fantastic and I am delighted,' he told Spanish journalists.

'I hope things get better and that Liverpool are competitive again.

'My critics in London say that I am not a good manager but they forget many details. Liverpool have averaged 69 points in the last 12 seasons.

'We made a huge mistake, as we won four titles at the start. That meant people were expecting more, expectations rose and this year things haven't been good since the start.

'But in reality in the Premier League it's assumed that at the start a coach needs time to adapt.

'(Manchester United manager Sir Alex) Ferguson took seven years to win the Premier League.

'We had problems pre-season, injuries, a bad start losing to Tottenham and Aston Villa, the delay on the contstruction of the new stadium and the team lost confidence. It's been a difficult season. There's a direct correlation between salaries and results.'

Benitez spent the second half of the season ambiguously answer questions about interest from Juventus, who made enquiries about whether he would be their manager in the winter before returning to the issue as the season came to a close.

In the end, a move to the Turin club lost its appeal when they failed to qualify for the Champions League, though Benitez insists he never formally received a proposal from Juve.

The 50-year-old has held two meetings with Anfield chairman Martin Broughton to find a way forward and suggested he would have to sell before buying players this summer.

He insisted, however, that a deal for star striker Fernando Torres should not be courted despite interest from Chelsea and Manchester City.

'I've had a couple of meetings with the new chairman to clarify my situation,' he said. 'We need to know how much money we'll have but that depends on who we can sell.

'I have been talking to Fernando about his injury and he is now in the process of getting himself fit again. His priority is to get himself fit, play in the World Cup and win it. He isn't thinking about leaving.

'He's a nice boy and the fans love him. He is a good representative for the club and a good example for many people.

'Women (in Asia) go crazy for him. Thanks to him Liverpool has become much bigger in Asia. He's the cornerstone for our sponsor.'

Benitez questioned the suitability of Jose Mourinho taking over at Real Madrid, which is expected to happen in the days after Saturday's Champions League final, while admitting he was open to one day taking over at the Bernabeu.

'Manuel Pellegrini is Real Madrid's manager and I have the maximum repsect to any manager who is in a job.

'Mourinho is also doing very well and people talk about him going to Real Madrid but he also has a contract. I do not know if Mourinho is the right person to train to Madrid.

'I like Madrid but if I say too much, there will be headlines tomorrow so I have to be careful. Real Madrid is a great club.'

Ferguson is the exception and certainly not the rule, if you dont win the title the first 4 season you will most likely never win it and thats not just a pattern in the PL but all over Europe.

That is a slightly erroneous argument that!

The vast majority of leagues throughout europe have been won by the same teams, so in order to get a team like ours which hasn't won the league for 20 years will take a lot longer than others.

For instance both ourselves and United change manager in the summer, who is more likely to win the league within 4 years!

When you are a top team, your measure of success tends to be a lot more specific, and certainly a lot more narrow i.e. Champions, so it stands to reason that under those conditions the amount of managers who have gone three or four years without winning the league are minimal.

Ferguson might be the exception but that exception has won 10 league titles in the last 18 years! And has subsequently dominated English football, doesn't really leave much room does it?

SCOUSE TAPAS what side of the Rafa brigade are you on? :whistle:

I am in the better he here for now for selling.

Once sold then he needs to be booted to whoever wants him brigade.

He lost the plot ages ago.

I think he started to think he is bigger than the club and until recently still held that belief.

I think he has comeback to earth with the actual reality he isnt or ever has been bigger than the club.

A point all the fans of his dont help by showing all this undying love for a guy, with a ego bigger than even Maureens.

Dont believe the hype would be a fine epitah I think.

"My critics in London".

What an arse.

He has critics in London. I think the statement is factually correct. He also has an arse. I tend not to pay attention to a fat dude's arse, though, you may differ there.

Another interview, and nothing's clearer. Didn't Riera slap one of the younger players in the training, or something?

He has critics in London. I think the statement is factually correct. He also has an arse. I tend not to pay attention to a fat dude's arse, though, you may differ there.

Another interview, and nothing's clearer. Didn't Riera slap one of the younger players in the training, or something?

Yeah he beat up Pacheco. Don't blame him, Yoof of today and all that.

I am in the better he here for now for selling.

A point all the fans of his dont help by showing all this undying love for a guy, with a ego bigger than even Maureens.

Dont believe the hype would be a fine epitah I think.

I'm not going to argue that Benitez has lost the plot, but NOBODY has a bigger ego than Jose Mourinho.

What's really sad is that people will celebrate Rafa leaving here like we won the league or something. They'll do the same thing they always do and say "This is the man to bring us the league" whoever the next man is. You know that thing Liverpool fans get ripped the world over for saying. That delusional tripe that we spew everytime we have to start from scratch again.

And really it'll be one step forward and two steps back. Yes we have been dreadful this season and Rafa is to blame for a lot of it on the pitch. But mark my words, unless Bill Shankly himself rises from the grave and comes flying in on a Liverbird, the next manager we have will NOT win the league. He wont. He absolutely will not. And I'll stick my neck out further and say he wont get us anywhere the Champion's League final, if we are lucky enough to ever get back. Maybe a decent run the the domestic cups. Maybe a Carling Cup Final.

But we'll still be tripe because we still have that same one big problem. And what happens if new owners come in who aren't Abramovichesque and don't throw money at the club? What happens if we have to progress slowly? Will we all vilify the next manager? Of course we will, because Liverpool FC should be challenging for the league every year and anyone who can't do that is an abject failure based solely on history.

The next manager who comes here is so blatantly set up to fail before he even knows he is coming.

What's really sad is that people will celebrate Rafa leaving here like we won the league or something. They'll do the same thing they always do and say "This is the man to bring us the league" whoever the next man is.

They really, really won't.

As for Liverpool fans being ripped to bits, checked the commentaries on the RAWK e mail blitz?

They really, really won't.

As for Liverpool fans being ripped to bits, checked the commentaries on the RAWK e mail blitz?

They really, really will.

As for the RAWK thing, I don't know what point you are trying to make with that. That Liverpool fans don't delude ourselves and get slagged all over the world for it? Cos if that was your point you couldn't have made it in a worse way. Of course that may not have been your point.

What's really sad is that people will celebrate Rafa leaving here like we won the league or something. They'll do the same thing they always do and say "This is the man to bring us the league" whoever the next man is.

Maybe I wasn't clear before.

That is complete shit, and I haven't the faintest idea why you would even pretend that was a valid point.

If you disagree about Rafa's future fine, but you've gone postal there.

This is by far and above the worst forum for it.

Other people on other sites have the same opinions as many on here, but they don't ram it down your throat every other post.

Dont you mean the other sites, that if your opinon dosent follow the sites view,then you get banned or post deleted for expressing your view.

Thats why TLW kicks ass over other sites.Here you can have a opinon and express it,without be banned.

You might get loads of the same stuff rammed down your throat,but at least your allowed to say there piece.

Everybody is individual with own opinons,here your allowed to be individual.

Far better than being a sheep following the herder,dont you think?

Dont you mean the other sites, that if your opinon dosent follow the sites view,then you get banned or post deleted for expressing your view.

Thats why TLW kicks ass over other sites.Here you can have a opinon and express it,without be banned.

You might get loads of the same stuff rammed down your throat,but at least your allowed to say there piece.

Everybody is individual with own opinons,here your allowed to be individual.

Far better than being a sheep following the herder,dont you think?

Totally true.