You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carra blames Premier League

PaulMcC

Carra is spot on in what he says but the Premier League is probably limited in what it can actually do, as the fixtures are directed by TV.

I'd like to see all teams playing in Europe given as much preperation time as possible, for example their games the weekend before a mid-week fixture should be played no later than 3pm on a Saturday (and as early as the Friday night) and the game after the European game should be played on the Sunday or Monday.

It's not rocket science but there's no way it'll ever happen while the game is governed by TV companies.

We played monday -thursday - monday - thursday.

I don't really see what the problem is, without cancelling games that's the best you can do.

We wouldn't have played any differently had we flew there.

You didn't read it either then?

Thats unfair. You can't expect a knee-jerk jerk-off (jerk squared?) to read something with THAT long, without any pictures.

Wonder how many pages this would have got to so far if Rafa had made the statement and not Carra.

Coop, Rafa didn't make that statement, and the usual non-supporters still find a way to indirectly drag him into it. To whit:

Volcano!!!! Well, that's one excuse the Rafapologists have not submitted previously.

What next?

NUCLEAR ARMAGEDDON ENDS TWO GAME UNBEATEN RUN

Its "Let the spastic bash his head on the keyboard" night at the Joey Deacon centre for the criminally spastic.

Spastic.

Sleep tight.

Did I cover the whole "spastic" thing?

Spastic.

So, despite carra saying playing on a monday was a 'joke' and the titted mong saying he didnt think playing monday caused our shit display, he still thought carra's point was a good one!?

Fucking hell, the mongs really do like to go both ways.

Night, night, mong!

We played monday -thursday - monday - thursday.

I don't really see what the problem is, without cancelling games that's the best you can do.

The problem is the we did not play as you stated. Last 4 games were Thursday - Sunday - Monday - Thursday. Carragher has a point.

The problem is the we did not play as you stated. Last 4 games were Thursday - Sunday - Monday - Thursday. Carragher has a point.

Memory's going a bit! Around the benfica games we played thursday-sunday-thursday-sunday....Nobody was complaining about the impact on our premiership campaign (both games we drew incidentally).

I could draw it in crayon for you, if you think it might help you understand?

Have a word with your carer and drop me a PM.

So your best retort to others who pointed out your flaw was 'you havent read the article' and when your challenged what's the difference between playing sat\ tues, sun \ wed and mon \ thurs, you cant find a proper answer.

What a mong, sorry spaz you are. Spazzie spaz.

So your best retort to others who pointed out your flaw was 'you havent read the article' and when your challenged what's the difference between playing sat\ tues, sun \ wed and mon \ thurs, you cant find a proper answer.

What a mong, sorry spaz you are. Spazzie spaz.

We did not play as you indicate above. We could easily have played on Saturday or Sunday last week to give us another 1-2 days.

We did not play as you indicate above. We could easily have played on Saturday or Sunday last week to give us another 1-2 days.

You want to try reading what I posted again. Nowhere did I say we played sat \ tues, Sun \ wed.

I said, what's the difference between playing sat \ tues, sun \ wed (in otherwords, as when we were in the CL) and, playing mon \ thurs.

I said, what's the difference between playing sat \ tues, sun \ wed (in otherwords, as when we were in the CL) and, playing mon \ thurs.

None, but as Carra pointed out Inter was allowed to move their home fixture to the Friday night because they played on the Tuesday.

European leagues generally seem to try their best to move fixtures to help those in Europe, this country is too busy counting the money from the tv companies to care.

That's the point here. Nothing to do with how tired or poor the players might or might not be.

You want to try reading what I posted again. Nowhere did I say we played sat \ tues, Sun \ wed.

The reason Carragher spoke out is that we played on Monday, when we could have played 1-2 days earlier, if the PL had accommodated us as other leagues do with their top teams.

Your point is correct but meaningless in this particular situation.

None, but as Carra pointed out Inter was allowed to move their home fixture to the Friday night because they played on the Tuesday.

European leagues generally seem to try their best to move fixtures to help those in Europe, this country is too busy counting the money from the tv companies to care.

That's the point here. Nothing to do with how tired or poor the players might or might not be.

Totally and utterly wrong.

The reason Inter's game was moved is because they have less games to play in their season. They have no league cup and play less Serie A league games than a club in the PL does.

So, there's more room in their season to move games.

Playing mon \ thurs is no different to sat \ tues or sun \ wed and I dont recall carra complaining about Italian or any other leagues moving games for their teams then.

The reason Carragher spoke out is that we played on Monday, when we could have played 1-2 days earlier, if the PL had accommodated us as other leagues do with their top teams.

Your point is correct but meaningless in this particular situation.

Which again, misses the point why carra never complained in the CL when we were playing sat \ tue sun \ wed. It also ignores that other countries, particularly Italy, dont play as many games hence have more ability to switch fixtures.

Clubs want the fantastic income from tv. If they dont want the income, dont agree to the schedules.

Guest PurpleNose

The reason Inter's game was moved is because they have less games to play in their season. They have no league cup and play less Serie A league games than a club in the PL does.

38 is almost definately the same number as 38.