You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yossi

Royal Family

Anyone know what's going on there?? He seems desperate to leave, and his recovery from 'injury' seems to have been rather protracted, which makes you wonder whether the two are connected? His agent - always gobby at the best of times - has been telling the Israeli press that his man wants to go to Dinamo Moscow and even that the player has agreed terms. So what's going on and why is he disillusioned with life at Anfield?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what's going on and why is he disillusioned with life at Anfield?

Probably because he doesn't get picked enough and when he does he's often substituted. Taking into consideration the competition he is up against I'm not surprised that it pisses him off.

Anyone know what's going on there?? He seems desperate to leave, and his recovery from 'injury' seems to have been rather protracted, which makes you wonder whether the two are connected? His agent - always gobby at the best of times - has been telling the Israeli press that his man wants to go to Dinamo Moscow and even that the player has agreed terms. So what's going on and why is he disillusioned with life at Anfield?

I can't see any evidence to those things. I can see, though, a lot of jumping to conclusions.

But feel free to educate me.

Guest PurpleNose
I think he's constantly played out of position. He's honestly not that good when he's played on the left.

His best position, like so many of our players, is as a number 10.

His best position, like so many of our players, is as a number 10.

I thought that for a long time, but if you look at players like that in modern football most start from a wide position. Much like Nasri and Arshavin do for Arsenal or Joe Cole at Chelsea.

And Yossi is probably one of the few players in football, who'll give you a hattrick from a wide position, so I see nothing wrong with that.

I think he's constantly played out of position. He's honestly not that good when he's played on the left.

Very good point this. He can do a decent job on the right aswell, because he has the option of going to the byline on his stronger right foot, but when he plays on the left, not only does he struggle, but he's much more predictable to defend against, as he's always going to try and cut inside.

Very good point this. He can do a decent job on the right aswell, because he has the option of going to the byline on his stronger right foot, but when he plays on the left, not only does he struggle, but he's much more predictable, as he's always going to try and cut inside.

Now I love Yossi, but frankly I applaud involuntarily when he manages to get the ball off the ground with those little legs.

Shithouses like Lucas and Kuyt get more games than him, so I can understand his frustration.

Good point. By which I mean it's a stupid point, obviously. Lucas and Kuyt are never injured; my question relates to how often he hasn't been in the side in the last year when fully fit. Also, you can say a lot about Lucas and Kuyt (and you do), but I fail to see how either is a 'shithouse'.

Very good point this. He can do a decent job on the right aswell, because he has the option of going to the byline on his stronger right foot, but when he plays on the left, not only does he struggle, but he's much more predictable to defend against, as he's always going to try and cut inside.

Perfectly sums it up for me. I never like to see him starting on the left but I do believe that you should always try to have your best players on the pitch at all times so if he is good enough he should be able to adapt.

Good point. By which I mean it's a stupid point, obviously. Lucas and Kuyt are never injured; my question relates to how often he hasn't been in the side in the last year when fully fit. Also, you can say a lot about Lucas and Kuyt (and you do), but I fail to see how either is a 'shithouse'.

I do.

Lucas: A player paraded around Anfield for being a "box-to-box" midfielder. His record this season - 30 games, 0 goals (OK he scored a peach of a goal in the wrong net against Villa), 1 assist.

Kuyt: The man with the first touch of an elephant.

I dare you to tell me these guys are title-winning material. Since they're obviously nowhere near good enough to put on the Red shirt, I'd say they're shithouses, yes.

I do.

Lucas: A player paraded around Anfield for being a "box-to-box" midfielder. His record this season - 30 games, 0 goals (OK he scored a peach of a goal in the wrong net against Villa), 1 assist.

Kuyt: The man with the first touch of an elephant.

I dare you to tell me these guys are title-winning material. Since they're obviously nowhere near good enough to put on the Red shirt, I'd say they're shithouses, yes.

Then obviously your definition of 'shithouses' is completely wrong.