You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa to Juve?

Rocky Sullivan

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree he would be suited to Italian football. You're wrong about the fans though. They simply wouldn't give a flying cunt about the style of football. They'd just care whether their team was winning or not.

But when you don't win games and play shit football and leave potential match winners on the bench then you have to take the stick that comes your way. It's too convenient to hide behind the money issue. He alligned himself with Hicks last year to get a new deal

Rafa is now different to the Yanks. All in it for their own interests

Guest PurpleNose
Who have we sold against Rafa's wishes?

No idea. It could be no-one and we could still be a selling club.

Arsenal are a selling club to fund the stadium. Wenger even said as much. Luckily for Arsenal he's a bit of a genius in the market.

United are becoming one also, to fund debts/interest payments. Do you really think Ferguson wanted to sell Ronaldo? And, for that matter, not really replace him.

Do you think a club of our stature should have no transfer budget? Increasingly looking like it will become a negative one. Looking to sell players to fund contracts?

People are rightly questionning the strength of our squad. Now whilst Rafa could have spent the money that he spent on Purple and Magic better, he probably still didn't have enough to adequately replace the outgoing players.

Hyypia, Arbeloa, Alonso, Pennant, and Leto all left. Johnson, Greek and Aquilani came in. This window Dossena and Voronin have left. Maxi in.

Leto clearly didn't play much, but we've lost six first team players and brought in four. Making a small profit in this time. I'm not excusing the manager's signings. Nor do I want to get into a tedious net spend debate. But clearly for a club like ours, we should have a better squad.

Its Rafa's, and the owners fault.

Guest PurpleNose
But when you don't win games and play shit football and leave potential match winners on the bench then you have to take the stick that comes your way. It's too convenient to hide behind the money issue. He alligned himself with Hicks last year to get a new deal

Rafa is now different to the Yanks. All in it for their own interests

I agree. But in Italy the stick would be the fact they aren't winning. Not the style of football.

Different football cultures. In the same way we (English fans in general) tend to boo lack of effort, whilst Italian's boo lack of ability.

No idea. It could be no-one and we could still be a selling club.

Arsenal are a selling club to fund the stadium. Wenger even said as much. Luckily for Arsenal he's a bit of a genius in the market.

United are becoming one also, to fund debts/interest payments. Do you really think Ferguson wanted to sell Ronaldo? And, for that matter, not really replace him.

Do you think a club of our stature should have no transfer budget? Increasingly looking like it will become a negative one. Looking to sell players to fund contracts?

People are rightly questionning the strength of our squad. Now whilst Rafa could have spent the money that he spent on Purple and Magic better, he probably still didn't have enough to adequately replace the outgoing players.

Hyypia, Arbeloa, Alonso, Pennant, and Leto all left. Johnson, Greek and Aquilani came in. This window Dossena and Voronin have left. Maxi in.

Leto clearly didn't play much, but we've lost six first team players and brought in four. Making a small profit in this time. I'm not excusing the manager's signings. Nor do I want to get into a tedious net spend debate. But clearly for a club like ours, we should have a better squad.

Its Rafa's, and the owners fault.

Rafa was also lied to about what funds he had last summer imo.

He was talking about how he was gonna buy one more quality player (Silva?) then all of a sudden we had nothing left to spend.

Guest PurpleNose
Rafa was also lied to about what funds he had last summer imo.

He was talking about how he was gonna buy one more quality player (Silva?) then all of a sudden we had nothing left to spend.

Yes I was going to add the "Keane money". Wherever the fuck thats gone.

How we could do with a £15m striker (Llorente? Pazzini?) in the squad now.

I wonder at what point Rafa found out he wasn't getting any of that money.

We stopped being a selling club in the early 90's, perhaps even with Kenny bringing Rush back from Italy.

Buying and Selling was always a major part of our success; buying low selling high and nearly always with perfect timing.

Then, coincidentally, we got ourselves a silver-spoonfed chairman and stopped Buying & Selling and started Buying & Discarding.

Yes I was going to add the "Keane money". Wherever the fuck thats gone.

How we could do with a £15m striker (Llorente? Pazzini?) in the squad now.

I wonder at what point Rafa found out he wasn't getting any of that money.

Then why sell him in the middle of a title-chasing season?

Oh riiiiiiight, because Spurs would give us more money then?

What the fuck did that have to do with Rafa?

Guest PurpleNose
Then why sell him in the middle of a title-chasing season?

Oh riiiiiiight, because Spurs would give us more money then?

What the fuck did that have to do with Rafa?

Because he was fucking rubbish.

The mistakes were signing him, and not replacing him.

Not selling him.

Because he was fucking rubbish.

The mistakes were signing him, and not replacing him.

Not selling him.

He was another creative player misused by Rafa

He wasn't forced to sell him. He was constantly causing seculation about him in the press with certain comments much like did with xabi.