You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Pistonbroke

Amazed at how some fans are talking about SG here. It's a rumour FFS and if he has done it, maybe he's speaking out as captain of the club on behalf of certain players. But as it stands it's a rumour and nobody should be hanging anybody regardless of how they feel about him.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That very much works the other way also.

I hate the way trophy wins are divided into certain players. I could just as easlily say that Reinas peno saves and that save in the last minute make him the man of the match. Or that it was Hamann that changed things in Istanbul. It was the collective. Gerrard is an amazing player, but there are other people at the club also. It is not Gerrard FC, and I think he would hate the idea of fans making out like it was also.

Yes, I agree. As I said, I was referring to some of the people who've come out with shit against Gerrard to suit their own agenda.

What a load of bollocks this rumour is.

I wouldn't blame Gerrard if he's pissed off, after last season, 86 points, who would have thought we'd be here. We all thought/hoped Torres and Gerrard would have injury free seasons and that would ensure we got the extra few points to win the title this season.

However, from preseason we've played shit and I can't help thinking it's all down to the Alonso fiasco. Having him around the club, no matter how profressional, is going to be unsettling and not having the money to spend sooner to bring in replacements and get a settled team for the first game of the seaon was a disaster waiting to happen.

Gerrard has done more than enough for this club and has been the one shining light for the last 8 or so years.

My one criticism of him is that I don't think he is captain material, he leads by example and his actions are suitable for a captain but personality wise he lacks something.

I'm also sure that Gerrard is probably bright enough and aware enough that we can't sack Rafa, where would we get the money from for a start to pay him off? Unless it's in his contract that he must acheive top four, but then he won't go until the end of the season and is Gerrard going to want to see another '5 year plan'. I don't think so.

I think he deserves a break and I think he deserves to enjoy his football. If he went and signed for Madrid to play with kaka, alonso, ronaldo et al then I'd wish him the best of luck.

I'd give the £35 million to a new manager, plus (I hope - big summer remember Tom!!!) another £25 million and tell him to build a squad and a team capable of challenging.

Maybe it's time for a clean break for everyone. There's no doubt we'll miss him when he's gone but sometimes it's best that way.

That very much works the other way also.

I hate the way trophy wins are divided into certain players. I could just as easlily say that Reinas peno saves and that save in the last minute make him the man of the match. Or that it was Hamann that changed things in Istanbul. It was the collective. Gerrard is an amazing player, but there are other people at the club also. It is not Gerrard FC, and I think he would hate the idea of fans making out like it was also.

Not to be pedantic, but Dudek!!!

Widely reported that Chelsea players were consulted about the Scolari/Hiddink change and that Terry was the impetus there.

Good point I forgot about the rumours of Mourinho getting the sack because of Terry's input.

Haa there is a valid comparison, two clubs that are run by a set of cunts.

But there isn't really a comparison between Gerrard and Terry though is there?

Terry is a fucking cockney wideboy who likes to smash bottles over peoples heads whose dad sells class a drugs, spits on players but cries like a baby when he misses a penalty.

Gerrard is better than that. Or at least I hope he is because this is still only a rumour. :whistle:

I would want Gerrard sold in a heartbeat if he was going behind the managers back, talking to directors and trying to get the manager dismissed

If he wants Benitez out because he believes the club is going backwards under his management, what do you think he should do?

Good point I forgot about the rumours of Mourinho getting the sack because of Terry's input.

Haa there is a valid comparison, two clubs that are run by a set of cunts.

But there isn't really a comparison between Gerrard and Terry though is there?

Terry is a fucking cockney wideboy who likes to smash bottles over peoples heads whose dad sells class a drugs, spits on players but cries like a baby when he misses a penalty.

Gerrard is better than that. Or at least I hope he is because this is still only a rumour. :whistle:

Players in all pro sports have become more powerful than the managers/coaches tbh. They are the real assets of the business.

Agreed that Gerrard is better than that though imo him voicing concerns over the state of the club to Purslow, the Pope or my nan wouldn't change that.

In fact I hope he has FFS SOMEBODY has to at this point.

phil-collins-07.jpg

Hi, rock and roll fans, Phil Collins here. That's not an instruction, just an announcement. Steven Gerrard is one of my biggest fans. He fought for me in a wine bar. That's how much I - me and my art - mean to him. So I don't doubt how much he's feeling now. Like this. My pose in this picture. Christ like, but with drums. That's how Stevie is feeling. It's not just another day in paradise. It's another day in hell. Just think about it. David Crosby is not coming to your rescue. He's had his liver transplant and he's none better. That's you, that is. That's why Stevie has run off to tell Sir. Just like Tommy Smith, Emlyn Hughes, Phil Neal and Alan Hansen would have done. Granted, Ronnie Whelan wouldn't. He would just have grown yet another chin, wept on Paddy Crerand's shoulder and then accepted a cheque from someone who looked like a bitter version of Richard Harris. But he would have meant well. And Steven means well. He knows the most important years of this club are the ones when he's here, so he's under no illusions about what this club means to him. And I couldn't agree more. You CAN hurry love. think about it.

If he wants Benitez out because he believes the club is going backwards under his management, what do you think he should do?

Get fit, get on the pitch and do the job we pay him to. Since when do players get involved in the sacking of a manager apart from on the pitch performances?

If it weren't Steven Gerrard people would be moaning at whoever for doing this.

Again on the basis that he actually has.

Get fit, get on the pitch and do the job we pay him to. Since when do players get involved in the sacking of a manager apart from on the pitch performances?

If it weren't Steven Gerrard people would be moaning at whoever for doing this.

Again on the basis that he actually has.

All of the time.

Guest PurpleNose

Just play as well as he can (not saying he isn't now).

The club have denied any falling out with Gerrard and members of the backroom staff. However, it does seem strange for Purslow to be in the dressing room area at half time for the Reading game, and for Gerrard not to travel on the team coach for the trip to Stoke City.

There's definately no smoke without fire...somethings go on....i love rafa but its time for a change i really do think he's taken as far as we can...last season as it looks was win or bust for the title and look whats happened

i

Discuss it with Rafa, sort it out. If that is truly not possible, and cooperation is not to be found, hand in a transfer request. Let the hierarchy then decide.

Going to one's boss's boss gets one in trouble in any decently run organization.