You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Madrid to make bid for Gerrard?

ratcatcher

It's a bit of a myth that we never sell our best players. The theory of the 'selling club' is one based on nurturing or spotting talent and selling them on to a bigger club when they reach a certain standard, and completely different from accepting a huge offer for a player past his peak, something the club and past managers were never afraid to do before all this raging sentimentalism kicked in. It's got nothing to do with reducing the debt, just sensible business practice.

Stevie is a legend but it's inevitable that his game will decline over the next few seasons and we'd be stupid not to look at a huge offer. Hopefully we'll have won a title by then and he fancies a new challenge abroad.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you all on drugs on here or what.

Steven Gerrard is probably the finest player this club has ever produced and is right up there with the all time great Liverpool players.

The day we start selling our best player we are fucked as a club.

Why don't we sell Torres for £80m as that would help get even more debt off the club as we would need it due to falling into mid table.

Sell Gerrard and abuse Kenny Dalglish, some serious crazy shit you lot are smoking.

Agreed 100%, some crazy shit on here but it's what makes this forum so god damn sexy.

Any money raised from the sale wouldn't go in the transfer kitty anyway so if we did sell him we'd lose out twice. He is one of our finest players we've ever had, even if he is a cock but we'd also lose the funds as well so we would never be able to find a decent replacement. In an ideal world where rafa would get the money to replace him i'd flog him.

Gerrard priceless? not at 30 he's not. I would snap any clubs hand off for that amount of money to be fair. Well I say any club, only a European club, not an English club.

Some people just need to take a step back and look at it a bit objectively sometimes.

To be fair Skidders I dont want to be selling our best players when I know that no fucking moeny will be given back to buy an adequate situation

Jesus. Have people learnt nothing since February 2007? We sell Stevie for 30m and then Rafa is handed a shiny new pound coin out of it for his transfer kitty. Aside from that, he is in our top 5 greatest players ever, our greatest ever youth product and the Captain. Fuck me. I've been in the pub since 2 and just home now after 13 or 14 pints and even I can see the madness on this thread. Are we really reduced to this level of stupidity?

Fuck me, it's been largely shite reading this place lately, but this thread takes the piss.

Gerrard will see his days out with us and we should all celebrate that fact.

Celebrate? Christ. No player is bigger than the club or guaranteed a place in the side on reputation alone. He'll finish his career here if he's still playing to the required standard. If not, and if the manager feels we could be better served accepting a big offer, then he'll be sold like many other 'legends' before him.

Jesus. Have people learnt nothing since February 2007? We sell Stevie for 30m and then Rafa is handed a shiny new pound coin out of it for his transfer kitty. Aside from that, he is in our top 5 greatest players ever, our greatest ever youth product and the Captain. Fuck me. I've been in the pub since 2 and just home now after 13 or 14 pints and even I can see the madness on this thread. Are we really reduced to this level of stupidity?

Jesus, how can some people so easily miss the point? Perhaps its because they are up their own arse so much, they cant enter into a debate.

Its not about quoting that rag of a newspaper despite some desparate and sad attempts by a couple of illiterate twats who must find reading very taxing, to do so.

Neither is it about if Gerrard goes back on his word (which I dont think he will) or how much of any likely transfer fee would find its way to benitez.

The debate is or rather should be, if a club of Madrid's stature came in for him and he did decide we're in melt down, missing the CL etc, etc, would people be giving him stick if he did move on like certain people did when he had his wobble over the chavs.

Jesus, how can some people so easily miss the point? Perhaps its because they are up their own arse so much, they cant enter into a debate.

Its not about quoting that rag of a newspaper despite some desparate and sad attempts by a couple of illiterate twats who must find reading very taxing, to do so.

Neither is it about if Gerrard goes back on his word (which I dont think he will) or how much of any likely transfer fee would find its way to benitez.

The debate is or rather should be, if a club of Madrid's stature came in for him and he did decide we're in melt down, missing the CL etc, etc, would people be giving him stick if he did move on like certain people did when he had his wobble over the chavs.

We would get that debate if:

1: a gobshite didn't post it

2: if it was printed in a newspaper that isn't taboo within the club didn't post it.

Edited by RobbieOR

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Straight from the BBC Gossip page. Would you like me to circle the relevant bit?

picture1wv.jpg

You're taking a story from the Sun and trying to make a thread full of conjecture. Very sad. The BBC Gossip page just links to articles.

Also, when you're calling people illiterate twats, it is best to do it without making mistakes in your own post.

We would get that debate if:

1: a gobshite didn't post it

2: if it was printed in a newspaper that isn't taboo within the club didn't post it.

You'd know all about being a gobshite wouldnt you robbie la?

And get your facts right you tiresome feeble minded twat. Or are you too illiterate to read the first post? No doubt you'll come out with your usual shyte. Tell you what robbie, I'll tell you all about Hillsborough if you want as I was on the Leppings Lane for both the semi's against forest. Still got my ticket as well.

You know nothing robbie. You just think your a big man behind some keyboard. Strange how you purport to despise the thread so much with your mock indignantion yet, you've posted a few times in this thread.

I ask myself if you've made such a song and dance about the 'Come back cantona' thread. Guess you missed that one in your mock rage robbie.

Now I wonder which rag that article came from, eh? See you at the game tomorrow? You know, like I offerred you?

Straight from the BBC Gossip page. Would you like me to circle the relevant bit?

picture1wv.jpg

You're taking a story from the Sun and trying to make a thread full of conjecture. Very sad. The BBC Gossip page just links to articles.

Also, when you're calling people illiterate twats, it is best to do it without making mistakes in your own post.

Oh look! Another gobshite comes along! Nice to see you're naming something I referred to as a rag.

People like you make me laugh. So some feel the need to give out grammar lessons now do they? Oh boy. Who gives a toss?

No sorry chump, its you who is making the link to and naming that rag. It great people like you try and stifle debate. Perhaps you should become a mod like your mate monty. Is he going to join in soon as well?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
So some feel the need to give out grammar lessens now do they?

I couldn't give a shit about your grammar. You're the one who is calling people illiterate. If you're going to do that, you're going to need to make sure that you do it without making mistakes yourself.

No sorry chump, its you who is making the link to and naming that rag. It great people like you try and stifle debate. Perhaps you should become a mod like your mate monty. Is he going to join in soon as well?

Is this the angriest man in Britain? I think it is a possibility.

The Sun is one of the most popular papers in Britain, if not the most popular. I think people have hear of it. You're taking their stories and trying to discuss them here. You've been called on it.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
HAHAHA! Is it really?

Yes. Would you like me to scan today's back paper?

picture3hk.jpg

The Mirror is carrying a cut out mask of Cantona on the back. You need to wise up, stop calling people all sorts of derogatory names and stop taking stories from the Sun.

I couldn't give a shit about your grammar. You're the one who is calling people illiterate. If you're going to do that, you're going to need to make sure that you do it without making mistakes yourself.

Is this the angriest man in Britain? I think it is a possibility.

The Sun is one of the most popular papers in Britain, if not the most popular. I think people have hear of it. You're taking their stories and trying to discuss them here. You've been called on it.

You sound like mister angry. You're the one indignant about a story in that rag yet you're the one naming it. You're the one going on one minute about grammar then the next saying you dont give a shit. What's up, can't make your mind up?

You also conveniently ignore it was the rag that has gone with another story despite wanting to 'circle it' for me. Strange, strange little man.