You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool in crisis? Get real!

WhiskeyJar

I fucking hate the media saying we are in crisis when clearly we just going through a down phase.

The media especially love twisting the truths and no matter how many times Rafa states his intent on staying there will always be a dark cloud hovering over his head driven by the agenda driven media.

Set your sights another club and let us get on with it. We are not a two man team, we are not out of title race yet, our manager is here to stay and we have enough quality to bounce back.

We have cunt onwers that are intent on destroying our great club but as far I am concerened we are far from a club in crisis.

We just need to focus a bit more and we are back on track.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with unrighteous we are in the biggest crisis this club has ever faced. With these owners it's a real crisis everyday.

Don't forget we couldn't get rid of the players we don't want cos we have no money to replace them and any transfer fees will be robbed by the yanks. So consequently we have players who know they aren't wanted at the club therefore no heart, a squad that is not strong enough and because we haven't been able to bring in anybody to strengthen and only able to replace sold palyers (ie couldn't afford a good striker), the players who thought we needed a small push for the title now realise that we are stale as a team and are disheartened by the situation.

This to me means we are in real crisis caused by our illustrious owners robbing the transfer funds and breaking transfer money promises made to the manager....

We are in Crisis

A week is a long time in football - we need a result against Bolton and go from there. As has been pointed out, we played as badly at the start of last season, but got the rub of the green.

Interesting that our summer transfer spending and budget is constantly in the spotlight, yet very little has been made of the Mancs £60m profit - if I was a supporter of them (I would obviously have to have my soul removed first) I would be mighty pissed off.

A gun, a big bag of lime, and a shovel? Mafia style.

If they tried this shit with a club like Lazio, they'd honestly be dead already.

edit: I didn't mean that someone should go kill them... seriously... I didn't.

Unrightous - Maybe we need to dell Drama that they slept with Meadow Soprano?

When I saw the title of this I thought of that jimbglanmire or whoever. Definitely think we're in big trouble, pretty much approaching a crisis aswell when you look at squad quality, or maybe even already in one. Injury problems aren't helping though, and maybe a few tactical things by Rafa with our current team, but what he's doing might pan out best long term.

Behind the scenes with owners, etc, though, fucking joke.

A week is a long time in football - we need a result against Bolton and go from there. As has been pointed out, we played as badly at the start of last season, but got the rub of the green.

Interesting that our transfer spending and budget is constantly in the spotlight, yet very little has been made of the Mancs £60m profit - if I was a supporter of them (I would obviously have to have my soul removed first) I would be mighty pissed off.

You say a win against Bolton will mask our 'crisis' somewhat but say Utd fans should be pissed off with the £60m profit even though their team has won 3 titles in a row, a CL final, yet another CL final?

There are clearly financial problems off the field and the level of investment this season has been the lowest for a very long time. However, the on field problems of the last 3 games are issues for the training ground. Our squad is thin, but the players we had on the field for the Spurs and particularly the Villa game(s), were good enough to beat both of those sides.

We lost both of those games because for reasons which can and should be dealt with through coaching. Rather than looking to solve every problem through the transfer market, we should be working on the weaknesses that are in our play. Eliminate those and we will improve immediately, regardless of whoever else we do or don't buy.

Over the course of the season, our anorexic squad will take its toll, but it's not really the reason we have lost 2 of our first 3 games.

There are clearly financial problems off the field and the level of investment this season has been the lowest for a very long time. However, the on field problems of the last 3 games are issues for the training ground. Our squad is thin, but the players we had on the field for the Spurs and particularly the Villa game(s), were good enough to beat both of those sides.

We lost both of those games because for reasons which can and should be dealt with through coaching. Rather than looking to solve every problem through the transfer market, we should be working on the weaknesses that are in our play. Eliminate those and we will improve immediately, regardless of whoever else we do or don't buy.

Over the course of the season, our anorexic squad will take its toll, but it's not really the reason we have lost 2 of our first 3 games.

I'd agree with all that.

The structures of the club may be rotten to the core, but that doesn't excuse or justify our complete failure to defend set pieces so far this season.

No, we aren't in crisis. We are wobbling no fucking doubt about it, but I wouldn't call it a crisis yet. Yes the Yanks are still here and they are as useful as chocolate fireguards, but as long as we get it right on the pitch (a la last season), then it's a start. It's already been pointed out that Rafa hasn't said anything yet so let's just wait and see how thinkgs pan out after the Bolton game. My mate's a Tranmere fan and he said that they looked ropey as fuck last night, and with a fairly strong side too.

No, we aren't in crisis. We are wobbling no fucking doubt about it, but I wouldn't call it a crisis yet. Yes the Yanks are still here and they are as useful as chocolate fireguards, but as long as we get it right on the pitch (a la last season), then it's a start. It's already been pointed out that Rafa hasn't said anything yet so let's just wait and see how thinkgs pan out after the Bolton game. My mate's a Tranmere fan and he said that they looked ropey as fuck last night, and with a fairly strong side too.

I just hope and pray Rafa can get us back on track. Logic dictates that we have enough quality in the side to be champions.

I just cant figured out why some of our senior players have played so bad.

I hear nothing from Rafa so I guess he is comfortable with the situation, however bad it might be.

Rafa of last summer would have been different.

I don't think for one second that he's happy. I think he has had a gagging clause inserted in his contract though, so he can't kick off to the media. Probably a concession he was willing to make in exchange for more control over the academy and transfers and a promise of some money to spend.

Crisis? Played crap pre-season, played crap 2 out of 3 Premier League matches and have already lost as many games in the league as last season.

It's not a crisis, but 5 years into Rafa's reign, I think it is fair to expect more. Last year a combination of luck and grit got us through an awful start, but we can't expect that kind of fortune every year. It would be nice to have the team appear ready from the first game for once.

Oh, and we are owned by utter twats, who would like nothing more than to fleece the club for every penny it has.

Maybe not a crisis but we are as far of winning the league as ever. We should have won the league last year but that just shows the quality we lack that we didnt. It was offered to us on a silver plate and we still managed to fuck it up. I can see us slipping out of the top four this season.

The two defeats do not represent a crisis but it is a very bad start and worrying.

The bigger picture is we most definitely are in crisis. The club is buckling before our very eyes, all brought about by the change in ownership.

This year we have made a healthy profit in the transfer market and that was never what Liverpool FC was about.

Winning trophies is what we should be about but instead we are paying off interest, refinance fees and debt, so as a club we are most definitely in a crisis, a massive one that threatens the future of it.

A lot of the above is bound to effect the side as well, I am sure the likes of Torres, Gerrard etc were looking to see the team strengthened and these type of players want to win tropies, it is bound to have a knock on effect on the pitch.

We are certainly in crisis off the field. We are selling players to pay interest on loans for fucks sake.

In terms of whether we are in crisis in terms of our football, well a crisis would be dropping out of the Champions League qualifying positions so we can't pay the interest on the loans and have to sell even more players.

A load of blerts predict every year under Rafa that we will not qualify for the Champions League and they are ALWAYS proven wrong by the end of the season after we go on a decent run of form in the second half of the season. There's no way we are in that kind of crisis, I seem to say this every year but despite the dooom mongers we will qualify for the CL.

Perhaps our title bid is in crisis, but I would say if it is then it's the yanks who have jeopardised it by getting the club so far in debt that we cannot afford to strengthen the squad.

I don't think for one second that he's happy. I think he has had a gagging clause inserted in his contract though, so he can't kick off to the media. Probably a concession he was willing to make in exchange for more control over the academy and transfers and a promise of some money to spend.

If it is true, I will lose the respect I have/had for Rafa. And I won't argue with anyone who says Rafa kicked off last season (and the season before) purely to get his new contract.