You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Priority Position Signing!

WhiskeyJar

Next Priority Position Signing!  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Next Priority Position Signing!

• Striker (primary or back up)
    • Midfield (left winger)

Johnson will offer a huge amount on the right and if money is tight for the superstars why not get a johnson equivalent on the left like zhirkov who will be pricey but not madrid money and then a back up for torres who will be content to sit on the bench like llorente, negredo, pogrebynak, bent, jones.

However if we sell dossenna, xabi, babel, leto, voronin and some other dead wood we could get together 50 or 60 mil plus whatever else we have, must be about 20 mil, that is enough for aguero, silva and martinez i reckon - 70-80 mil ish

I don't want any player, ever, who's "content" to sit on the bench.

Maybe you're confusing us with some other club?

The specific position is irrelevant in my view. We just need a forward who is a consistent goal scorer and match winner that can fit in with/for Gerrard and Torres. The ideal is someone who can play in any of the front four positions.

Hm..what about someone young like Juan Manuel Mata he can play AML, AMC and also as a striker. He's only 20 but he's really good already..Plus I think we must keep Arbeloa and sell dead wood (Voronin, Leto, Dossena, Itanje,etc.) so we have around 20mil£ left! Even s much as I'd like to se Van Persie, Robben, Henry I simplay can't see it happen..I would give Babel a chance but not as a winger (he's shite thee) but as a back-up striker for Torres and we buy someone like Silva, Mata, Young (?). Because Eto'o wants too big salary for us (and he can be flop in England!) while Tevez just isn't the player we are after at the moment imho..

The specific position is irrelevant in my view. We just need a forward who is a consistent goal scorer and match winner that can fit in with/for Gerrard and Torres. The ideal is someone who can play in any of the front four positions.

I'd go with that. A forward who can both play wide and lead the line, but more crucially can win us tight games would be ideal.

Hes fuckin shit

Thats probably the worst analysis for a player i've ever read.

Van der Vaart is exactly what we need. A free scoring playmaker - who can play in various positions including back up striker if we were really in the shit. He hasn't had the best of seasons at Madrid but allegedly he fell out with Ramos, which is why he hardly featured in the 2nd half of the season - proir to that he scored a hatrick in 1 game and looked impressive throughout the first 15 or so games.

I know goals are not everything but with Ajax he scored 58 in 139 games, at Hamburg he notched 61 in 103, his stop start Madrid career got him 5 in 30 - and he's scored 14 for Holland. We could do alot worse than add a versatile midfielder who gets you 15+ a season. If we were to lose Xabi and Stevie got another injury - who would be the goal threat from midfield? VDV is a quality player and exactly who we should be looking to grab if he's available.

I don't want any player, ever, who's "content" to sit on the bench.

Maybe you're confusing us with some other club?

I mean someone who wont throw a paddy and ask to leave but still contribute as strikers know they wont get past torres when he is fit. We need someone who will try and displace him but will not sulk like crouch, bellamy, keane etc.

We need someone like Solskjaer, a pro who delivers when asked

I've gone for striker on the basis that whilst Riera and Benayoun are solid/good enough to play on the left (but not suggesting they can't be improved on), there's more of a need for someone to come in and act as cover for Torres and/or Gerrard. Taking the 'homegrown' players rule into account, Darren Bent could be worth a punt if we could get him for around £8m-10m. Alternatively, I'd love to see Henry playing for us, even if only as a back-up or 'super sub'.

It's hard to answer the question because I do not think RB was our first priority! But we needed to do the Johnson deal when we did so as not to lose our man.

I'd be happy with two more signings: Silva and Bent. I don't care what order they come in. Then again, if we can scrape the money together for Villa and we don't sign anyone else, then I'd be very happy with that too. We'd still have Spain's no.1 left winger available to Rafa.

Bottom line is that we need another attacking option who is world class or has a good chance of becoming world class; someone who will weigh in with goals and give opposing defenders nightmares because they will think, 'I've got to take care of Gerrard, Torres, AND this fella.' Sign that man and no.19 will not be far off.

We finished top scorers in the league last year and Torres missed a huge chunk of the season. Kuyt can play up top and, unlike some, I think Ngog has a great future and needs some more games.

I'd go for David Silva, therefore, who can play in all 3 positions behind the lone striker.

And I'd pay Michael Owen 40k a week for 3 years to fill in where needed. Who else of that quality we gonna get for £6m including wages?