You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Red Dwarf

John101

So, after the first two episodes, is there a bigger pile of shit on the tele?

Was really looking forward to this, although deep down i fully expected it after the way it fizzled out. Would think after 20 years, they would have managed to come up with a half decent returning to earth story.

Story line is awful. Slow, dreary rubbish. What was the point of the Russian tart. I take it holly refused to return, with full knowledge of how this would play out. I can see no other reason for her.

And would it have killed dave to get some canned laughter? There has only been about two, would not have killed them.

Overall 1/10, a really sad effort.

However, atleast it been followed up with some classic episodes. Emohawk 2 currently on

So, after the first two episodes, is there a bigger pile of shit on the tele?

Was really looking forward to this, although deep down i fully expected it after the way it fizzled out. Would think after 20 years, they would have managed to come up with a half decent returning to earth story.

Story line is awful. Slow, dreary rubbish. What was the point of the Russian tart. I take it holly refused to return, with full knowledge of how this would play out. I can see no other reason for her.

And would it have killed dave to get some canned laughter? There has only been about two, would not have killed them.

Overall 1/10, a really sad effort.

However, atleast it been followed up with some classic episodes. Emohawk 2 currently on

There are certainly many complaints to be justifiably leveled at the new editions - but a lack of canned laughter - I mean, fuck off! No show should have to have that - do you need to be told what's funny and when to laugh?

I watched Friday's episode and didn't bother after that. To be honest, the show jumped the shark when Rob Grant left the writing team and they replaced Claire Grogan with that fitter, posher Kochansky who was shit.

Series 1-5 is where it's at.

I liked it, fuck all you killjoys. That last episode then was good, it brought it all together and I want to watch the other two episodes again now (as to be fair I wasn't too impressed by them).

Agreed - liked the the final episode - the references to Bladerunner were nicely done and well observed...I'd also long since worked out it was a despair squid off-shoot and that their being fictional characters was a fictional group hallucination itself.

Also liked the last episode, it pulled the whole thing together, have rewatched all three and the first part is still shit.

Dr Who frustrates the hell out of me as it promises so much and there is the occasional decent episode but it is being made for the teenage girl more and more. When the replaced Tennant I was hoping for someone like a Bill Nighy to take over and make the whole thing a little darker but I knew that they were going to go for a Tennant clone.

I watched Friday's episode and didn't bother after that. To be honest, the show jumped the shark when Rob Grant left the writing team and they replaced Claire Grogan with that fitter, posher Kochansky who was shit.

True that, it was gash that series.

Some classic clips:

Smee Heee

Vindaloovians

Angels and Demons - Evil Rimmer is fucking quality "I'm going to whip you to within an inch of your life, then, I'm going to have you."

YouTube - Red Dwarf ~ Demons and Angels ~ Pt 3 of 3

Guest The Chimp

I love hippy Rimmer - classic RD

[YOUTUBE]TmNcmQPEUS8[/YOUTUBE]

The Duke of Dork returns (with Ace Rimmer)

[YOUTUBE]QBIWMgPZo2Q&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Watched all 3 last night. Jeez did it show how much Grant brought to the writing team. Hammy performances all round, although that may just have been piss poor direction.

I thought it was ok, baring in mind that they had little to no budget, I thought the whole Blade Runner homage/rip-off was pretty lame though. The best episodes of sitcoms are the eps where they have only one location and it's character driven stories, but the writing was pretty one dimensional for character exposition.

Good to see it on TV but they could have done better.