You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who's the most famous person you've met? And how...

ReddOrDedd

Not really met I suppose, but me and the family talked to Matt Damon last night where he was attending the premiere of Invictus. We'd just been for a chinese in Soho and were cutting through Leicester Square, saw everyone congregating and thought we'd hang about as these are pretty much my three favourite actors. Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman shot inside pretty sharpish but Matt spent a good hour walking round in the freezing cold taking photos of himself on peoples phones and chatting. Top bloke, very friendly - predictably short.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sachin Tendulkar. Met him in a hotel lobby in Delhi when I was a kid. Me ma had a conference in the same hotel where the team was staying. They were there for an ODI game against New Zealand if I remember correctly. Got his autograph and a pic. Photographer never developed that pic though, the twat. Met a few more of the team that day too but Sachin`s by far the most famous.

On that same trip also saw Lata Mangeshkar and a bucnh of other Indian classical musicians at a concert. Did not get her autograph but got 4 of the other musicians

Sold a car to a fella last year. It wasn't until I was doing the paperwork with him that i recognised it was Billy Butler from radio Merseyside. I bored the tits off him talking about his son Lee the DJ and how I knew Lee from the rave days years ago. He caught onto this and pressed me for more money off his Laguna diesel he had bought. As I was counting his cash, I told him to look around the office, which was adorned with pictures of Anfield, LFC mugs on tables, etc.

Still waiting for me request on the radio.

Met Henry Rollins after his live show a few weeks back, absolutely top fellow.

Bumped into Pete Waterman at a beer festival in Atherton on friday night, seems a nice enough bloke.

Over the years i've also met Eric Bristow- friendly, smokes roll ups, swears a lot

Bonehead- nice bloke, very small in stature

Rick Witter- very friendly, hugged me

Mani from The Stone Roses- shook his hand over a DJ booth, if that counts as meeting someone.

The hardest working man in showbusiness.....

The Soul Brother Number ONE....

Mr James...... no he ain't comin', he don't feel the love.... Who do you love? Who do you LOVE?

etc etc

I met him at a service station on the M5. I had just left Glastonbury early on Sunday afternoon (during his performance, ironically) because I was bored.

His minder was about 25 stone and 7 feet tall. He cleared the toilet and stood outside so no-one else could come in.

I shook his hand (pre-slash).

I went to the car to see if I had any James Brown stuff in there. As a veteran of about 60 studio albums, I didn't have the heart to ask him to sign his "Greatest Hits" so left it.

His manager / MC didn't believe that I had been watching Mr Brown at Glastonbury (I'd lied and said he was brilliant - he was below par, I have seen him before being incredible). I read between the lines and told him I knew a shortcut to this particular service station. He walked off satisfied.

Bruce Forsyth in Los Angeles. Absolute legend, even though it took 3 shouts of BRUCE, to get his attention (Think Alan Partridge, "DAN" scene.)

He was doing some filming in a diner on Sunset Blvd, had a brief chat with him and snagged a photo. He refused our attempts to let us take a picture doing his famous hand on chin pose, other than that he was a super nice bloke.

Also met Sir Anthony Hopkins at the Welsh Church in LA, there was a memorial service there for his mum who had passed away a few months earlier. Seemed an OK guy but he didn't hang around for very long. (That said, it is in a pretty rough part of town)

Also met Tim Healey (Auf Wiedersein) and Phil Middlemiss (Corries Des Barnes) in a bar in London. Very nice chaps. I went outside after to call me mum and tell her who I had seen, then thay were walking out. Both of them had a little chat with her on my mobile, which was sound and made her night!

The hardest working man in showbusiness.....

The Soul Brother Number ONE....

Mr James...... no he ain't comin', he don't feel the love.... Who do you love? Who do you LOVE?

etc etc

I met him at a service station on the M5. I had just left Glastonbury early on Sunday afternoon (during his performance, ironically) because I was bored.

His minder was about 25 stone and 7 feet tall. He cleared the toilet and stood outside so no-one else could come in.

I shook his hand (pre-slash).

I went to the car to see if I had any James Brown stuff in there. As a veteran of about 60 studio albums, I didn't have the heart to ask him to sign his "Greatest Hits" so left it.

His manager / MC didn't believe that I had been watching Mr Brown at Glastonbury (I'd lied and said he was brilliant - he was below par, I have seen him before being incredible). I read between the lines and told him I knew a shortcut to this particular service station. He walked off satisfied.

Note: the minder cleared the toilet area of people, not put his hand down the U-bend.

And just to confirm our handshake was pre-slash Brown and post-slash me. Result.

Jack Bauer

jack.jpg

met him in whelans in dublin in 07 i think. Had a piss with him...he's tiny. In height, not the other thing. His band he manages was playin so that's why he was there.

Billy Connoly

billy-connolly.jpg

Meet him in my old job in a music store. Got him to sign his dvd..didnt make me laugh once...nice guy though.

Also had a brief fling with The Hoff and Ronnie Wood at a book signing..

I was riding my lightweight classic road bike and Russell Crowe and his mate (on their mountain bikes) pulled up next to me at the lights.They were checking out my bike and Rusty (I feel I can call him this now) said,"Nice bike!",to which I replied,"Fuck off you fat beardy rich famous cunt."* Then the lights changed and the fat beardy rich famous cunt and his mate left me for dead, a quivering broken wreck of a man.

http://www.celebritydietdoctor.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/russell-crowe-bicycle-challenge.jpg

*Not really,I just mumbled,"Thanks."

I met Johnny Ball. You know..Zoe Ball's dad. He used to have a show called "Think it, do it". It was a science show, and at the end he tried to encourage people to try things out by saying in a falsetto voice "Don't just think it do it.".

When I saw him he was on a bridge looking over to the road far below. I wasn't sure how to address a minor celebrity, but the words just kind of happened. I instinctively found myself putting on a falsetto voice and saying "Jumping off Johnny? Don't just think it, do it."

His agent (who was with him) was pissing himself laughing.

Johnny...not so much.

David Prowse AKA Darth Vader/Green Cross Code Man, came to out school once, guess which character he came as?

Lead Singer of Ocean Colour Scene - barged right in front of me when walking down the street. Shouted 'dickhead' at him, no reply.

Ian Beale - see him all the time where i live and from what i heard he is a twat in real life also.

Andy Townsend - Saw him at a train station, looked like a right scruffy bastard wearing shorts in the winter also.

Terry Christian and that bird who played Tracey Barlow came to watch my band at our last gig.

I'm not one for meeting 'famous people' really, not bothered and I'm too 'cool' for all that so I ignored them.

Turns out our singer is best mates with Terry Christian, so I felt a bit of a twat after ignoring him all night and all the others in the band went and said hello.

(didnt techically meet any either of them really)

Steven Spielberg.

We were on holiday in America at Universal Studios in Florida and had just been on the Spiderman ride (It had only opened that week I think)

Spielberg had helped design it and as we got off at the end he was stood there with his baseball cap on an with 4 massive minders. My Dad went over to him and said "Can I take a picture?" to which one of his FBI style guards said "No"

So my Dad stuck the camera in Spielberg's face and took the picture anyway.

After having the flash go off at point blank range he was understandably annoyed so we made a hasty retreat