You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pearl Jam

Mersey_Red

Ten is a great album. Vs less so, from then onwards I just lost interest.

Also look out for Temple of the Dog, twas not a bad effort for a cobbled together band and of course with Cornell and Vedder together you don't go too far wrong.

What he said ^

There is no way on Gods clean Earth that Pearl Jam were a patch on Nirvana though.

What he said ^

There is no way on Gods clean Earth that Pearl Jam were a patch on Nirvana though.

Lol i guess we shall have to disagree! it is a shame though with what happened to Kurt because they could of really gone on and made some more brill albums, Out of the PJ stuff though, obv Ten was amazing, but the live albums are always a safe buy for me

Lol i guess we shall have to disagree! it is a shame though with what happened to Kurt because they could of really gone on and made some more brill albums, Out of the PJ stuff though, obv Ten was amazing, but the live albums are always a safe buy for me

Yeah, its all about opinions mate, Ten was a very good album, no doubt about that. I just think that Nirvana cocked their leg all over Pearl Jam, as did a few other bands of the same genre.

Pearl jam along with Alice in Chains are underrated bands. Ten and Dirt as albums equals anything Nirvana ever came out with in my opinion.

Pearl Jam is also an amazing Live band, and the best live band i`ve seen along with Audioslave. Go buy the Live at the Garden dvd as proof.

Great stuff!

Ten equals anything Nirvana ever came out with in my opinion.

Dead right.

It's too difficult for me to split the two bands in terms of who was better but can you imagine the awesomeness of a Vedder / Cobain collaboration? The idea is mindblowing.

Dead right.

It's too difficult for me to split the two bands in terms of who was better but can you imagine the awesomeness of a Vedder / Cobain collaboration? The idea is mindblowing.

Would never have happened in a gazillion years, even if Kurt hadn't taken the 'mindblowing' notion literally.

I think Pearl Jam are a band I should maybe give another go, as in the early 90s I always heard them as an overproduced, sanitised Nirvana with a singing foghorn as vocalist. I'm definitely missing something.

• 15 years later...
On 16/02/2009 at 12:20, sh#t waffle said:

Would never have happened in a gazillion years, even if Kurt hadn't taken the 'mindblowing' notion literally.

I think Pearl Jam are a band I should maybe give another go, as in the early 90s I always heard them as an overproduced, sanitised Nirvana with a singing foghorn as vocalist. I'm definitely missing something.

15 years later, and I still need to give them another go.

7 hours ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

Just got through on the presale for their latest tour. 

£160 a ticket! Fucking scandalous. I like them but I’ve seen them a few times already so won’t be paying those absolutely extortionate prices. 

Mudhoney are 27 and a half euro in Den Haag and still comfortably the best band that came out of Green River. 

I paid £56 to see King Crimson in 2014 and said to myself that was the most I'd ever pay. For £160, I'd be wanting a time machine to go & see The Who in 1970 or something.

With regards Pearl Jam, I could never get past his singing.