You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

David Ngog

StevieH

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liverpool keen on £1.5m deal for PSG's French striker Ngog

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 10:47 PM on 20th July 2008

Liverpool are set to sign teenage French striker David Ngog from Paris St Germain for £1.5million.

Ngog, the 19-year-old cousin of Jean Alain Boumsong, the former Rangers and Newcastle defender, has been told by PSG coach Paul Le Guen that he could leave the club after he refused to sign a new contract.

Liverpool’s French scout Laurent Viaud, himself a former Monaco player, recommended Ngog, who made 19 appearances for PSG last season, to Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez and he moved in to make the offer for the player.

Liverpool keen on £1.5m deal for PSG's French striker Ngog | Mail Online

Weird ... If he's not good enough for PSG, wonder how He could make it for us ...

He has been told he can move on because he won't sign a new deal.

I guess this is the second of the "maybe two" Rafa referred to when he was talking about signing forwards.

From the looks of this he looks and plays uncannily like another Frenchman

Dailymotion - Compilation David N'Gog, a video from marcodu2929. compilation, david, ngog, n, football

Our history with french signings is making me very pessimist about this player. Plus i hope he doesn't push nemeth further down the queue as that would piss me off. Nemeth so deserves a chance this season. I'm praying he plays in the carling cup this year.

He's 6'2" and quite pacey if all reports are correct.

(I have no clue other than what I find on the intrawebz)

Cool, we need a Crouch height replacement so that makes sense. Many thanks for your services.

Keane

Kuyt

Torres

Ngog

Voronin/Nemeth

Interesting.

I think bohorse is spot on in mentioning Voronin out and Ngog in for a likely profit of £1.5M. Voronin was free but at this stage of his career he needs to play. Ngog will see a bit of action here and there, but at his age he has it all in front of him. Good business all round and it will be interesting to see if he has anything about him.

As for the knock-on affect of signing Ngog, it won't affect Pacheco as he is far too young for the first team squad, but I'm not so sure about Nemeth. I think Nemeth was borderline, but if we do sign Ngog I would imagine this will confirm Nemeth in the reserve team squad for antother season (unless he goes out on loan).

Torres

Keane

Babel

Kuyt

Ngog

Not bad at all that.

Just for the people who are worried by his stats, it's not 1 in 19 it's 3 in 19, most of those were sub appearances though. He has 10 in 15 for the French underage teams including two goals for the u18s when he destroyed England u18s last year

TheFA.com - Lions tamed by N'Gog

Once uppon a time there was a player named Karim Benzema. The player scored 1 goal in his first 19 games in the french league.

Then he scored 5 in his next 21 games.... Then 20 in his last 36 games.

Just mentioning it!

Once uppon a time there was a player named Karim Benzema. The player scored 1 goal in his first 19 games in the french league.

Then he scored 5 in his next 21 games.... Then 20 in his last 36 games.

Just mentioning it!

Thats a shit story, I was just settling in for a good read then!