You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dont feel as sick as 1999. why?

BRAP

Same here. I'm feeling very calm and already looking forward to next season. I think we're in with a great shout at the title and/or the CL next year, whereas back then we were miles off the pace in the league and weren't even in the UEFA Cup.

There are a few other factors as well. In 99 it was looking for the best part of two hours like they'd lose, whereas this time that hope only lasted for a few minutes. The fact that it got them the treble hurt a lot, as I'd always wanted us to be the first team to do that. And the knowledge that another team I despise, albeit less than the Mancs, will be hurting a lot more than we are has also taken the sting out of it a bit.

Pig sick back then,but Istanbul and the fact that in with the champions league we have a good chance of winning it again makes me feel sick but not on the floor.

Abso-fuckin-lutely.

This feeling is not even close to 1999.

And that's because we've had Istanbul and Athens in between.

No longer do we have to feel like the kid looking in through the window of the sweet shop.

(Thanks Rafa)

We are a circus and look to remain that way, they are run as a club should be in the modern game, its looking very dodgy now, especially as the premier league is becoming the dominant european league.

I'd love it if we no longer accepted medocrity on every level. This season was a shambles.

Yes... that is true. However, I never thought they'd do it again. Right now? I think there isn't a club that can stop those twats.

Ah right, I see your point now.

To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if there was another all English final again next year. The rest of Europe can't compete with the sums of money the Mancs and Chelsea throw around and as long as we keep hold of Rafa, I'm sure we'll remain in the latter stages for the foreseeable future.

The positive thing though is that we're entering a spell were we are considered among the favourites for the trophy almost every season now.

Guest Dingle
they are run as a club should be in the modern game

What, being 750 million in debt?

And if getting to CL semi finals year after year is accepting medicority, then bring it on.

Or you could always go back to supporting your shitty hometown club who never win anything?

What, being 750 million in debt?

And if getting to CL semi finals year after year is accepting medicority, then bring it on.

Or you could always go back to supporting your shitty hometown club who never win anything?

they had their debt loaded on them.

we are accepting mediocrity

what?

Guest Dingle
they had their debt loaded on them.

we are accepting mediocrity

what?

How are we accepting mediocrity exactly?

Most sensible fans can see that it's been almost impossble to compete with the two clubs above us, and that if anything Rafa has over acheived with the resources he's had.

It's only the spoilt brat FM queens who can't seem to grasp this simple fact.

And I repeat, if winning the CL and getting to another final and semi in just 4 seasons is mediocrity, then bring it on.