You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

He does this in most games and if Babel can find some kind of consistency then he could be a world beater.

He has the pace and skill to beat any full back but i dont know if its a confidence issue or sometimes he appears lazy but i am expecting big things from Babel.

They were times during the first leg when Aurellio had the ball and i was thinking that Babel should now be bombing down the wing to give an outlet ball but he was holding back waiting for a ball to go inside.

I think we have a top player on our hands but he is going to take some shaping into the player he can become but i think it will be well worth the effort.

I'm undecided if Babel will fall into the 'good player' category or 'world beater' category. Right now he is a good player, inasmuch as he occupies any defence because of his pace and power. I see teams frequently putting two men on him, so that tells its own story.

Obviously his stamina needs to improve, as does his game intelligence, so he can use his attributes to their utmost.

All in all, so far so good.

I'm undecided if Babel will fall into the 'good player' category or 'world beater' category. Right now he is a good player, inasmuch as he occupies any defence because of his pace and power. I see teams frequently putting two men on him, so that tells its own story.

Obviously his stamina needs to improve, as does his game intelligence, so he can use his attributes to their utmost.

All in all, so far so good.

chelsea certainly attacked more when he went off but that could have just been coincedence.

Babel reminds me a bit of Overmars in the first half of Wenger's first double season. He'll be on the outside looking in for long periods and then BANG you're fucking dead.

I think he's one of our most talented players and I'd rather have him in the first XI any day of the week than on the bench.

I thought Babel was terrible to be honest.

Really? I wouldn't say terrible. I thought he had an ok game last night. He had the beating of Ferria every time, but I suppose that experience and confidence will come with more games. I would expect him to really kick on next season though.

I like him, but for next Wednesday's game I would start him on the bench as the game may even go into extra time and that's when his pace and power could be the real turning point.

Its as if he waits till Rafa signals him to say he will be taken off shortly to finally turn it on. So when Rafa does take him off, I'm thinking 'why are we taking him off now?' I think Babel needs a small dose of 'harden the fuck up' and to perform for more than just the odd patch in games

He tired amazingly quickly given his age don't you think? He isn't even 21 yet and he can't play for more than 70 minutes, what's that all about?

I do like Babel and think he is going to continually improve, playing with the likes of Gerrard & Torres every week who wouldn't. but he has got the right attributes to excel in this league and our formation.

I would consider his first season a fairly good one, nothing outstanding like but flashes of brilliance that show his potential.