You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Festivals are a sad state this year. Thats the best line up bar possibly the Old Chill and thats saying something. I'm just spending my pennies (£40) at the Brighton Great Escape, small bands but millions over 3 days over the city. Including Fanfarlo woooop. Possibly Loop festival too which inlcudes the joy of having to walk across a dual carraigeway to get to stage throughout the day.

Also £170 for a festival?? Fuck off.

I'm not going as I'm not keen on the line up. Too many wimpy indie bands.

Of all the Leeds bands annouced so far, I'd go see Brand New, Deftones, Funeral For A Friend & The Gaslight Anthem.

4 bans in 3 days doesn't equal value for money, I'd be leaving the arena at 5pm everyday!

Get in, MGMT have just been confirmed for Ibiza Rocks.

I went to see them at Oxegen last year. It was mental. After about 5 or 6 songs, the tent was absolutely rammed and people started to climb those rafter things that hold up the tent (to get a better view). MGMT walked off the stage and refused to play until calmness was restored. One girl actualy climbed the whole way to the top of one of the rafters (at least 50 foot high). When she made her way back down, she got all sorts of things thrown at her. There is a short video clip of it here:

[YOUTUBE]iURHO-LbDgU[/YOUTUBE]

Anyway, after 15 minutes, MGMT came back out on stage and sang 3 more songs: Kids, Time to Pretend and Electric Feel.

Class.

I'm not going as I'm not keen on the line up. Too many wimpy indie bands.

Of all the Leeds bands annouced so far, I'd go see Brand New, Deftones, Funeral For A Friend & The Gaslight Anthem.

4 bans in 3 days doesn't equal value for money, I'd be leaving the arena at 5pm everyday!

The exact same for me dude. It's woeful.

I fancied Oxygen but its just getting over to Ireland and back.

It adds loads of money on the overall cost.

One day though.

The lineup this year is decent enough (not to different from last years lineup mind you) but I just can't be bothered forking out mopney for a ticket when there is a chance I'm going away on a las holiday again this year.

You can get to and from Ireland for pretty cheap (on the ferry).

Suprise suprise, someone who isnt going to a festival having a go at the line ups.

Shame on you Chris, shame on you and your household!

I've been to Leeds for the last three years and was fully planning to go this year, but dude... come on? It's atrocious.