You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Amsterdam

Faustus

Aye, and if you stay in the hotel it's happy hour all day in the bar :thumbup:

We tried to get a room there when we arrived but they were fully booked. Ended up staying in some shoddy hotel. Room got robbed and they took some of my stuff. Didn't stop me from enjoying it though, top place.

50 Eurosh for shuck and fuck. Bargain.

• 1 year later...

It weren't that far away and ended up getting a 2 man room when paying for an 8 so don't fear about inner Amsterdam.

Going again at 15.40 after about 3 hours sleep, can't wait. Any last minute tips, want to do something authentic Dutch?

• 3 months later...
Amsterdam's ace. First and so far last time i has sex with a prostitute. Heineken museum well worth a visit too.

Heineken museum is a must. For about a tenner you do a tour for around an hour and get a few beers along the way. You then sit in a bar at the end of the tour and get two free pints, but if you play your cards right you can end up with a few more.

There's also an Irish pub somewhere (don't know the name or where it is. May be the one mentioned above. Hope this helps) that does excellent breakfasts.

Was there for my 21st a couple of weeks ago. I stayed at the Flying Pig Downtown hostel with my friends and met plenty of new ones there too. Everyone there was smoking weed, drinking at the bar and playing pool. In 6 days we barely saw any sights, bar the sex museum and the red light district of course. Had way too much fun drinking, eating and smoking with the locals for any of that Anne Frank shit.

We were paying out of out asses for food though. Barely found anywhere cheap and ended up paying 4 euros for a slice of New York style pizza more often than not.

We found an Irish pub too. God knows what it was called but we watched the France match in there and I've never seen so many broken hearts.

It's amazing there, but 6 days is too long, especially with only 400 euros. If you booked in beforehand you'd be fine, but we fancied an adventure and looked for digs when we got there. Found the Flying Pig and had the best time ever.

It weren't that far away and ended up getting a 2 man room when paying for an 8 so don't fear about inner Amsterdam.

Going again at 15.40 after about 3 hours sleep, can't wait. Any last minute tips, want to do something authentic Dutch?

The shortcut through the park saves quite a bit of time.

Decent digs those are.