You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thailand

chrisbonnie

im here from last sunday, until the end of the month

my thoughts so far

Bangkok, its big, it stinks, and the ping pong show is plain wrong

Phuket, its full of hookers

anybody else been, and got some tips etc.... oh, and i can spot ladyboys, so need to say that, plus im with the ball and chain, so i wont be going off with the under developed thai hookers :whoops:

more reports to follow

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going later this year, still dunno what we're gonna do. Probably go to Phi Phi even though the reports from some arent to great (to touristy apparently), probably Patong, Koh Jum and Koh Lanta look good islands aswell.

Both great.... I think Koh Jum is pretty rustic, with restrictions on electricity etc. Koh Lanta is heaven on earth.

I'm off to those parts on December 28th for a month.

WATB, who are you going with? Patong is great for most but there's a level of seediness at night that makes it a laugh so it's better with the lads.

Just a good mate (male), yeah fuck going there with a bird. Got to at least check it out, you dont get hassled all the time though do you? I dont mind them shouting stuff in the street like they apparently do but if you're trying to have a beer and are surrounded by thai birds after your money it'd be quite annoying.

as was mentioned above, lanta is lovely and chilled, loads of great islands, my advice would be to get up north mate, chiang mai is a great city and youll love it after seeing bankok, laid back, nicer people but still everything that youd want in a city, lived there for a while, if ya want any advice, pm me and id be happy to help ya out, kho tao is another must but if ya have time get up north, ya dont see too many arrogant israelis up there neither.

the rainy season should be over by now but it would be getting into their winter, think down south should be warmer anyway but altogether the weather should never really be an issue in thailand if ya ask me, even in rainy season, its still fooking baking and when it rains it rains heavy, for about 20 minutes around twice or three times a day and ya can set your clock to it, now that i think of, ya should really try get up north, they have the loi kraton festival starting around the 5th november when they let off all the burning kites, i havent been there for that but ive been told its nearly as good as thai new year celebrations which are in april and that is off the chart completely.

ive been in asia the last 2 years for the buddha new year, in laos in 2006 and chiang mai this april, great craic, 5 day water festival, pretty much a week long free for all waterfight all over thailand laos and cambodia.

ill defo be popping back over chiang mai for that next april.

Just a good mate (male), yeah fuck going there with a bird. Got to at least check it out, you dont get hassled all the time though do you? I dont mind them shouting stuff in the street like they apparently do but if you're trying to have a beer and are surrounded by thai birds after your money it'd be quite annoying.

You get a bit of hassle but I never got bothered with it, personally if your after what people call 'the Thai experience' I actually preferred Manila, awesome holiday, it's like what Thailand was before the tourist overkill.

You get a bit of hassle but I never got bothered with it, personally if your after what people call 'the Thai experience' I actually preferred Manila, awesome holiday, it's like what Thailand was before the tourist overkill.

Yeah I was looking at the Philipines and some place in Cambodia, might save that for next year though. Dreading the flight though, I'm awful at trying to sleep in cars and on planes so 11 hours is going to be hell.

I'm going for their new years next year but don't need any advice as I'm going with a friend who spent 5 months there this year. Should be sweet

your mate will know chiang mai is the place to be for the new year festival remmie, it is quality, ya cant walk 2 metres outside your guesthouse during the day without getting soaked.

your mate will know chiang mai is the place to be for the new year festival remmie' date=' it is quality, ya cant walk 2 metres outside your guesthouse during the day without getting soaked.[/quote']Yeah he mentioned Chang mai, not sure if that's where we are going for the festival- it's all like Chinese to me! If we had longer we'd go to Laos which is supposed to be amazing

as was mentioned above' date=' lanta is lovely and chilled, loads of great islands, my advice would be to get up north mate, chiang mai is a great city and youll love it after seeing bankok, laid back, nicer people but still everything that youd want in a city, lived there for a while, if ya want any advice, pm me and id be happy to help ya out, kho tao is another must but if ya have time get up north, ya dont see too many arrogant israelis up there neither.[/quote']

Are there loads of Israelis there?

Are there loads of Israelis there?

yeah theres a lot in thailand and in southeast asia generally(except for malaysia as their er banned)

some of them are sound, kinda hippy types but when ya meet a big group of them(and their nearly always in big groups) they can be ignorant fuckers.