You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

tlw footy tonight...

dave u

I had already spoke Ted about it, he seems to think there was no real problem as we still play football of a Thursday. From what I remember, we challenged for the ball and I went to reach round and Ted turned away from me. In fact we spoke about a few weeks later when I bumped into him on Bold Street on a night out.

So we are talking less than a handful of clumsy challenges in 2 years of TLW footy, not of which were melicious by their nature. If I wanted to go out and hurt somebody properly there are plenty of ways to do so, least of all a sly kick. If I was to hurt somebody I would do it properly.

Anymore?

I admit I lose my rag easy when things go to shit, but I am not being portrayed as a dirty bastard on a public forum, intent on damaging others through shit house tactics. Any robust challenges I tend to apologise for. My main gripe last night was the wanky flicks we were using

Mark and Ted in reach around shocker!!!!

1. Mark

2. Rob

3. Ste

Grazy's header was class by the way that preceded the said 'incident'.

and Dan's still managed to lose out to a Ste header, only it was a bullet from Haslam. Ted's freekick top notch too.

Personally I thought I played shite, besides two well taken goals, one on each foot and I was late for work.. not that it really matters what time I turn up to work, as long as Richie is stood there making me money.

Mark, I'm not trying to portray you as a dirty bastard. Nor am I saying you're malicious, or you purposely try to hurt people. But there are times when you are overly aggressive when going for the ball. That's all I'm saying.

I know because over the past eighteen months or so, more than half of the people who play footy have mentioned to me that there have been times when you've been a bit too aggressive in the tackle, or you've pushed them in the back to try and barge them off the ball, and they've thought it was a bit out of order. You've done it to me countless times, and I've just let it go 'cos I'm sure it was unintentional.

There's no dossier with every single incident noted down, so you're asking for specific incidents, but I can't give you any as I've forgotten the details of most of them. All I'm saying is that there are other times when it's happened. A lot of them aren't recent, but I wouldn't just say something like this off one or two incidents.

It's just a pity that the other people who also think this haven't come out and said anything on here, too. So now it just looks like its me who's the only one who thinks it, when it's not. I'm not gonna name them, either. They know who they are, and I'm sure if they said something, then you'd realise it's not just me.

I'm not meaning to have a go for the sake of it, and I'm not trying to paint you as some sort of villain. I've said my piece now so I'll leave it here. If you think I'm out of order then sorry, but that's just the way I see it.

Mark, I'm not trying to portray you as a dirty bastard. Nor am I saying you're malicious, or you purposely try to hurt people. But there are times when you are overly aggressive when going for the ball. That's all I'm saying.

I know because over the past eighteen months or so, more than half of the people who play footy have mentioned to me that there have been times when you've been a bit too aggressive in the tackle, or you've pushed them in the back to try and barge them off the ball, and they've thought it was a bit out of order. You've done it to me countless times, and I've just let it go 'cos I'm sure it was unintentional.

There's no dossier with every single incident noted down, so you're asking for specific incidents, but I can't give you any as I've forgotten the details of most of them. All I'm saying is that there are other times when it's happened. A lot of them aren't recent, but I wouldn't just say something like this off one or two incidents.

It's just a pity that the other people who also think this haven't come out and said anything on here, too. So now it just looks like its me who's the only one who thinks it, when it's not. I'm not gonna name them, either. They know who they are, and I'm sure if they said something, then you'd realise it's not just me.

I'm not meaning to have a go for the sake of it, and I'm not trying to paint you as some sort of villain. I've said my piece now so I'll leave it here. If you think I'm out of order then sorry, but that's just the way I see it.

FIGHT!

lobster-knife-fight.jpg

I weren't at footy on Thursday night. I don't know what happened (if anything) but Marks just competetive.

There are times he's lost his rag but haven't we all. I fucking hate losing.

Football is about tackling, too. If someone at footy went in hard (fairly) to get the ball I wouldn't be bothered. I'd rather them go in hard for a challenge than to shit out for not wanting to hurt me.

Plus, everyone's kicked Ted, Cain. There's times when he's had me off with a stepover and I've kicked one of his little farty shins. If you've been to footy and haven't kicked Ted, well, you haven't been to footy. Or your name is Leeson.

If there's a tackle that's a bit over the top or you catch someone just apologise. I learned one barmy Thursday night that all that someone needs is an apology to move on.

I am in for this week's if it's on.

Really hoping for some more elbowing, diving, nasty tackles etc. You guys are learning and this is getting exciting.

Next target: transform Pierre into the new Materazzi.

Because I wear the rest throughout the week and save the crap ones for footy!

would me bringing this help? Problem SOLVED!

858501315_3e7243980a.jpg