You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Frank Lampard

Guest champions

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lampard has been described as fat, only in the side because of his uncle and father, a waste of money, and numerous less complimentary things.

Meanwhile, he has managed the following: FA Premiership winners’ medals 2005 and 2006; League Cup and FA Community Shield winners’ medals, FIFA World Player of the Year runner-up and Ballon D’Or European Player of the Year runner-up, FWA Footballer of the Year, Barclay’s Premiership Player of the Year, named in the FIFPro World Team of the Year 2005; PFA Player of the Year runner-up 2004, 2005 and 2006; Chelsea Golden Boot winner 2005 (19 goals) and 2006 (20 goals), Chelsea Player of the Year 2004 and 2005, FWA Footballer of the Year runner-up 2004, and FA Cup runner-up medal 2002.

He has also set a new record for consecutive Premiership games by any player, 164, beating the record of goalkeeper David James, and at the same time broke John Hollins’ Chelsea League record of 135.

He has won the Intertoto Cup with West Ham, been voted the England team’s Player of the Year by the fans, and he has top scored for England at the European Championships in 2004. But then he blanked in the 2006 World Cup, and the media world has been on his back ever since.

STOP SLAGGING HIM OFF

Some solid facts there alright.

But you've got to admit it - he is a fat fuck.

I fucking hate Lampard. McClaren is making the same stupid mistake his predecessor made by shafting Gerrard to accomodate the fat bastard. He's an atroicious footballer who is not worthy of comparasions with Stevie Gerrard.

If McClaren wants England to start winning he needs to drop the fat fuck, move Stevie in the centre with Hargreaves, and have Lennon on the right.

I fucking hate Lampard. McClaren is making the same stupid mistake his predecessor made by shafting Gerrard to accomodate the fat bastard. He's an atroicious footballer who is not worthy of comparasions with Stevie Gerrard.

If McClaren wants England to start winning he needs to drop the fat fuck, move Stevie in the centre with Hargreaves, and have Lennon on the right.

Spot on that mate.

Guest Mr_Red
Who cares that Lampard is fat? Molby was fatter, and he was alright.

Surely the most salient point is that he is shit.

Aye, but all Molby's excess baggage was full of talent. Fwank's is just meat 'n' gravy. And probably Mongo's spunk, come to think of it.

Half decent at club level, hit his peak a couple of seasons ago and was superb, but has failed to keep that same level of performance since. Not worthy of a place in the England team that's for sure.

Exactly what I said on Saturday. Hey you're not me, are you?

I also said some time ago that I couldn't believe Shevchenko fancied playing in front of the most selfish midfielder in England. Now let me see, how many Premiership goals has Andrei scored so far?

When he (Lampard) plays in a side that isn't geared up to give him the ball whilst the forwards drag defenders out of his way, he's average at best. Gerrard is more combative, has more pace, is in a different class completely in terms of his distribution, is far more technically acomplished than Lampard and is two years younger. Feeling the pressure yet Frank?

Rooney's blundering around up front like a tramp looking for a doorway too. They're just a waste of time, England. I was reading the other day that the British Olympic Committee (Commission, Club whatever) have decided that there will be a GB team at the 2012 Olympics. We haven't had one before because there's been speculation that FIFA would use that to remove the home nations rights to play at the WC and EC as seperate teams. Based on the last few years offerings, I'm far less bothered about that than I used to be. I'm in danger of losing interest all together to be honest.

To me, McLaren's appointment is definitive proof that the FA have settled on mediocrity for the forseeable future.

The 2005 season was his best after that shit, I've got a mate at work who supports Chelski (?) and even he says Fatty should be dropped both for England and the inbreds, I like the idea about Stevie G and Owen H in the middle, what about bringin Becks back into the fold and tell to wind his neck in and play football for a change and stay on the right, or Lennon.

Gerrard doesn't have the game intelligence or discipline to play in a two man central midfield anymore, unless the player behind him is mobile and can cover a lot of ground. He's too gung ho. He's better coming off the right or in a 3-5-2.

When everyone is fit I'd start with...

Gerrard Carrick Hargreaves Cole

I think that's about the right balance.

McLaren could make a huge statement by dropping that overated tubster. Alas, I don't think he's got the balls to do it, I'm with Robo, England mediocrity for the time being at least. Not that I'll lose any sleep over it mind.

Fucking hell, I said that on Saturday too. Is there an echo in here? :D