You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you like your job?

Guest jonnyb1978

Mine is fairly undemanding and I don't have to think about it when I am home. They never expect me to stay late, ever, and if I decide its necessary I get thanked greatly. I get sent on loads of courses and very good pay.

The office is 10 mins away by car and right next to the station too if I go by train which I normally do. The location of the office means I have a parking space bang in the centre of town at the weekend. The actual work part isn't the most exciting but it does require me to think but there are no unreasonable demands and very little stress. My job before was the exact opposite, 40 mins away, lower pay and heaps of stress and working late was considered compulsory (family life could fuck off).

I have just realised that I love my job.

Not the Dirty Vicar from Monty Pyhton?

There are many souls to save on here, though so this is the place to be.

Is there a prayer for Red Nick?

No, not the Dirty Vicar from Monty Python!

I say a special prayer for Red Nick every night. It's not working yet though. :whistle:

Just kidding Red Nick.

I love my job, doing what I like to do. A lot of responsibility and taking it home a lot. However also mean I can work from home a lot, which mean I normally spend around 45 hrs at work, but then might work up til 40 hours from home per week. Depends on how busy it is. Also, get to do some travel, normally once per quarter, to vendors in Europe as well as once per year to either Asia or US, to visit vendors or the HQ. Money is good as well, so nothing bad to say.

I love my job, doing what I like to do. A lot of responsibility and taking it home a lot. However also mean I can work from home a lot, which mean I normally spend around 45 hrs at work, but then might work up til 40 hours from home per week. Depends on how busy it is. Also, get to do some travel, normally once per quarter, to vendors in Europe as well as once per year to either Asia or US, to visit vendors or the HQ. Money is good as well, so nothing bad to say.

Just nosey but what d'you purchase?

Just nosey but what d'you purchase?

I don't purchase anything. I just do audits, to make sure our vendors do a good enough job of localiation engineering, as well as bringing up issues, helping them with technical problems etc. I'm a lousy(or worse) sales/purchasing man. Quality assurance and technical advisory stuff, might be a better term for what I do when I'm out travelling. When I'm in work, I handle a team of about 15 s/w engineers.

Job? What job?! No job from Sept 15!! Although, there is a possibility to do a bit of consultancy/contracting work til maybe Christmas.

So, if anyone is looking for a highly articulate, talented and hard working account manager-type person, I'm yer man and drop us a PM.

On the subject of whoring yourself out. If any TLW forumites are interested in losing a few pounds, trimming up and getting fitter, PM me. I am a fully qualified Personal Trainer and know my stuff. A few of the lads on the forum (Section31, JoeyB) have PM'd me already with a couple a questions and they can vouch for me.

On the subject of whoring yourself out. If any TLW forumites are interested in losing a few pounds, trimming up and getting fitter, PM me. I am a fully qualified Personal Trainer and know my stuff. A few of the lads on the forum (Section31, JoeyB) have PM'd me already with a couple a questions and they can vouch for me.

obese_man3.jpg

muscles.jpg

In just three weeks!!!

I love my job. After 5 years of running my own business I figure I'm probably unemployable anyway. My mate and I sell cutlery and a few other bits to major catering companies. It's all imported cutlery so we're dead popular amongst Sheffield's failed cutlers. We sit in a small office and put the world to rights a lot. The rest of the time we hassle customers into buying, swear at suppliers for being incompetent and pack and unpack pallet loads of cutlery. It's great cos I do everything. One day I'm in me jeans shifting heavy boxes around, the next day I'm getting pissed in a swanky London hotel all in the name of networking.

Oh and seeing as we're allowed one free ad in this thread if any of you new man, metrosexual cooks out there are looking for some cool kitchen knives I can do you a decent price on these.

Oh and seeing as we're allowed one free ad in this thread if any of you new man, metrosexual cooks out there are looking for some cool kitchen knives I can do you a decent price on these.

What are kitchen knives?

I love my job. After 5 years of running my own business I figure I'm probably unemployable anyway. My mate and I sell cutlery and a few other bits to major catering companies. It's all imported cutlery so we're dead popular amongst Sheffield's failed cutlers. We sit in a small office and put the world to rights a lot. The rest of the time we hassle customers into buying, swear at suppliers for being incompetent and pack and unpack pallet loads of cutlery. It's great cos I do everything. One day I'm in me jeans shifting heavy boxes around, the next day I'm getting pissed in a swanky London hotel all in the name of networking.

Thats the kind of business some smart arses would turn their noses up at and yet i bet you rake it in!

Went to some networking do called BNI and the biggest fish there was a bloke who sold kitchen equipment and he was raking in 100k a year on his own with no staff, he'll probably have trebbled that turnover by now.

Nobody ever became a millionaire just by going to uni, Its about nouse hard-graft and luck.

Thats the kind of business some smart arses would turn their noses up at and yet i bet you rake it in!

Went to some networking do called BNI and the biggest fish there was a bloke who sold kitchen equipment and he was raking in 100k a year on his own with no staff, he'll probably have trebbled that turnover by now.

Nobody ever became a millionaire just by going to uni, Its about nouse hard-graft and luck.

Can it be done with just one of the three. It's not me asking; it's for a mate like.

You'd be amazed how many purchasers are still flattered by a bit of attention and chat at the bar. ;)

Edit: Hopes none of her major customers are Reds like. :whistle:

Can it be done with just one of the three. It's not me asking; it's for a mate like.

I'm not even sure, it was a ripped off line from my mates dad who owns a garrage and half of Widnes, 'how you get so witch Mr Doyle?' I once asked him in my best chinese accent, 'hard work son, hard work!' Was the most insight he could offer - but i knew he had the nouse and the luck as well like, there are loads of grafters out there who bark up the wrong tree with their business ideas.

I'm not even sure, it was a ripped off line from my mates dad who owns a garrage and half of Widnes, 'how you get so witch Mr Doyle?' I once asked him in my best chinese accent, 'hard work son, hard work!' Was the most insight he could offer - but i knew he had the nouse and the luck as well like, there are loads of grafters out there who bark up the wrong tree with their business ideas.

but remember.

Hard work's not easy.

I'm already Sabatier-ed up.

Guest Spionkop69

Love it, hate it, frustrated by it!! Can all be in one day.

Isn't it the same with all jobs?

End of the day it pays me what I want/need to life the lifestyle I want. Earning more would be nice but I'm sure I'd be in the same boat at the end of each month.

The key for me is that the job is a challenge so its rarely boring!

Don't hate my job as such, Just some of the customers & I have the urge to tear the duty managers head off!!!, Mostly I hate the shop I work in as it's under the head office & those nitpicking overpaid fuckers come down to the shop then go back to their offices & email the head of conviences moaning about LITTLE things!!!, putting in for a trans.