You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Bitters never disappoint...

MLB

This is from The Guardian's piece where fanzine editors make predictions about the season ahead. Funny stuff, as you would expect...

Everton

Last season 11th

Manager David Moyes

After last season's effort of eleventh Moyes has improved the squad and that should be refl ected in how we do.

Ones to watch We have a record signing in Andy Johnson, who scored 20 goals in the top fl ight when he was with Palace and who we are hoping will make a similar impact. We also have an exciting young kid called Victor Anichebe, who has looked great in pre-season. He's a striker, just 18 and born in Nigeria and has scored a lot in friendlies. He was player of the year in the reserves last season and got our fi rst on the fi nal day of the campaign, when he was sent on for the last quarter against West Brom at Goodison and we came back from 2-0 down in the last six minutes. That was only his third fi rst-team appearance and he's yet to start. Boo-boy If they wear the blue shirt we never boo them. Hate figure I'm certain that Craig Bellamy will be our new hate fi gure. He was born to be hated. Liverpool and him were made for each other. We'll finish Top six is not out of the question. Champions Chelsea. Going down Liverpool, Fulham and Watford. Steve Jones BlueKipper.com 8 Deals: three in, fi ve out £13.6m Net spend IN Andy Johnson (Crystal Palace, £8.6m), Joleon Lescott (Wolves, £5m), Tim Howard (Manchester United, loan) OUT Li Tie (Sheffi eld United, free), Duncan Ferguson, Paul Hopkins (both released), Laurence Wilson (Chester), Jay Harris (Accrington Stanley, both free)

I love the way the stupid cunt has put that were going down. No, were not really are we you cock shank? Your just being silly aren't you eh?

He's blue, and therefore severely retarded. If anything, we should pity him. We've just beaten Chelsea, so whatever that cunt's got to say is irrelevant.

Out of interest, who did the Liverpool bit? And what did they say?

BTW, is this taken from tomorrow's season preview booklet in the Guardian? You should all buy that, they do one every year, and it's always totally excellent.

The liverpool bit had a mention for Salif - and even referred to him as The Sherriff!!

The wisdom of the blueshite:

"Top six is not out of the question".

"The Palestinian/Israeli conflict will be cleared up by the end of the month".

"The queen bee spends her life knitting little yellow and black striped jumpers for the drones".

"The earth's tides are controlled by Judith Chalmers, using a special helmet".

"Duncan Ferguson is a professional footballer".

Liverpool

Last season 3rd

Manager Rafa Benitez

After last season's excellent league run and FA Cup win, Rafa Benitez will be hoping to take us to another level this campaign and there's no reason why he can't. He delivered major trophies in each of his fi rst two seasons and has bought shrewdly this summer. We wouldn't swap our manager for anyone else's.

Ones to watch Obviously Steven Gerrard is the main man. New boys Pennant, Bellamy and Gonzalez will give our attack the pace it was lacking last season.

Boo-boy Salif 'The Sheriff ' Diao is still on our books for some reason, minus squad number.

Hate figure There are those that come close, but there is only one man Liverpool fans love to hate. Step forward Mr Gary Neville.

We'll finish First or second. Champions Us or Chelsea. Going down Sheffield Utd, Watford and hopefully Everton. If not, then possibly Portsmouth or Charlton. James Carroll ShanklyGates.co.uk

Full article here http://football.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,,1843540,00.html

I don't even listen to bitters anymore, as soon as the blue who sits by me in work starts talking about footy I switch off!

I would be in full total agreement, howver I was speaking to a blue the other week, who does notlive ina dilussional land. He admitted Kenwright was a cunt and talks shite, he also said he was embaressed by him. He hoped with all his fingers and toes crossed that Moyes got the United job, as he would rather see him fuck them up and not Everton. James Beattie was mocked for half an hour by HIM.

So there is a small, very small minority who actually know where the blame lies for their woeful situation, that Moyes is not 'The Chosen One' an that we are light years ahead of them in terms of development and money. it's just a shame the rest of thick bitter bastards don't see it like the 2 I know.