You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

More bollocks from Fat Sam

m0e

"If we overcame Marseille it would send a real message to the whole of Europe, showing what we are about," added Allardyce.

"I don't think people realise how big they are. You go there and you see 50,000 people supporting a team so passionately.

"Marseille's history and tradition puts them alongside the likes of Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea."

:D He's got to be kidding, right?

Not really. Its a recognition by Fat Sam that their are 2 tiers amongst Europe's top teams.

The ones who have a continuous presence in Europe, and who pick up the odd trophy once a decade. Man U, Arsenal, and Marseille (although how Chelsea got into that club is beyond me).

Then, there are the ones who form an elite, untouchable group. The true masters of the continent. The ones who OWN it. Real Madrid, AC Milan, Liverpool, etc.

Makes sense :)))))))))))

Not really. Its a recognition by Fat Sam that their are 2 tiers amongst Europe's top teams.

The ones who have a continuous presence in Europe, and who pick up the odd trophy once a decade. Man U, Arsenal, and Marseille (although how Chelsea got into that club is beyond me).

Then, there are the ones who form an elite, untouchable group. The true masters of the continent. The ones who OWN it. Real Madrid, AC Milan, Liverpool, etc.

Makes sense :)))))))))))

My tought also. I dont want us to be named in the same category as schelski. I feel better left on top with Real.

ive actually come to HATE Bolton, possible even more than Manure and the chavs, i just cannot stand that their in the top half of thr table, actually, never mind the top half of the table, even the fucking premiership, utter scumbags, and terrible to watch

although, ill give that fatheaded fuck allardyce credit on 1 thing, he buys well,

"If we overcame Marseille it would send a real message to the whole of Europe, showing what we are about," added Allardyce.

"I don't think people realise how big they are. You go there and you see 50,000 people supporting a team so passionately.

"Marseille's history and tradition puts them alongside the likes of Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea."

:D He's got to be kidding, right?

Actually, Marseille's and Chelsea's "history and tradition" are linked in one very obvious way: They've both bought a title...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/bolton_wanderers/4718792.stm

Allardyce fumes over penalty snub

Bolton boss Sam Allardyce was incensed his side were not awarded at least one penalty in the first leg of their Uefa Cup tie with Marseille.

Frederic Dehu appeared to handle Jay-Jay Okocha's cross and Stelios Giannakopoulos fell under a challenge from Lorik Cana in the second half.

"The handball was an absolute definite - a screamer, a 120% penalty," said Allardyce after the 0-0 draw.

"It appeared the referee did not want to give anything controversial."

Bolton's failure to score leaves them with a difficult task in the second leg of the last-32 tie in the Stade Velodrome on 23 February.

"It is a difficult place to play, so our chances will depend on what happens in the first 15 to 20 minutes," added Allardyce.

"We will have to weather the storm, like they did here, and play our way into the game."

"If we can nick an away goal I would be confident but it is going to be very tight over there and it won't be easy for us."

Marseille had five players booked in a fractious tie and Bolton striker Kevin Davies admitted he was surprised by their approach.

"It was tough out there, they got men behind the ball and made it difficult for us tonight," he said.

"It was physical, it was surprising, they obviously studied us and tried to match us."

:D :D :D