You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal(a) PL- Match Thread

LFC 6 Times

Guest Pistonbroke

Judging by your drunken posts last night mate I think your opinion is void! Haha! Hope you had a good night anyway mate and the result didn’t spoil it too much.

It was a quick 4 hour job down the Irish pub, the whiskey chasers were ending up on the table far too often. Fucking dying here and I'm gearing myself up for a day of cooking and baking. 

The result would have been acceptable in most circumstances, we shot ourselves in the foot during a mad 5 minute period though. I kind of listen to fans of other clubs as well as our own, many are worried mate, they realise if we buy sensibly over the next few windows we'll have a very good team. They are also a tadge jealous of the football we play when we click up front. They can't believe some Liverpool fans would get in a new manager, Klopp would walk into most jobs. Yeah, he has his faults, but he's pretty much one of the best managers we'll ever get in the current game. 

It was a quick 4 hour job down the Irish pub, the whiskey chasers were ending up on the table far too often. Fucking dying here and I'm gearing myself up for a day of cooking and baking.

The result would have been acceptable in most circumstances, we shot ourselves in the foot during a mad 5 minute period though. I kind of listen to fans of other clubs as well as our own, many are worried mate, they realise if we buy sensibly over the next few windows we'll have a very good team. They are also a tadge jealous of the football we play when we click up front. They can't believe some Liverpool fans would get in a new manager, Klopp would walk into most jobs. Yeah, he has his faults, but he's pretty much one of the best managers we'll ever get in the current game.

If we sort our spine we’d be a very good team. GK, CH, DM, ST. I haven’t seen enough of Keita, so unsure if he can play DM.

Guest Pistonbroke

If we sort our spine we’d be a very good team. GK, CH, DM, ST. I haven’t seen enough of Keita, so unsure if he can play DM.

When he was at Salzburg he was played as an attack minded CM, he scored something like 20 odd goals in 80 odd games and had a high assist total as well, it was Austria though and Salzburg were the best team at the time. When you watch him play for Leipzig he is used more as a free CM, but he tends to change roles during a game a lot, he's more than capable of playing in a DM role. The energy and versatility he has would make a free role the best for us. Just wind him up and stick him on the pitch. 

Sorry but no, how many times has gomez been caught like that? Seems to happen all the time.

If he's not a right back then don't play him there or don't play him at all.

Get a grip for fucks sake . The lads had a great season so far. He's had a couple of slips at West Ham and last night. That's as much as I can remember. Otherwise he's been rock solid. We have to play him there as we can't rely on TAA all the time. In time he's gonna be a top quality centre back. He's the least of our problems at the back.

Sorry but no, how many times has gomez been caught like that? Seems to happen all the time.

If he's not a right back then don't play him there or don't play him at all.

He's not a right back but he needs to play. Right back has used tonnes of times to get a promising player game time, I can think of Gerrard, Carrragher, Can (with the national team), Kimmich, Sergio Roberto straight of the top of my head. Mistakes will happen but the player will develop and that's the name of the game sometimes.

Get a grip for fucks sake . The lads had a great season so far. He's had a couple of slips at West Ham and last night. That's as much as I can remember. Otherwise he's been rock solid. We have to play him there as we can't rely on TAA all the time. In time he's gonna be a top quality centre back. He's the least of our problems at the back.

He played Defoe on for his chance last weekend. I like him though. He’s doing a good job overall.

When he was at Salzburg he was played as an attack minded CM, he scored something like 20 odd goals in 80 odd games and had a high assist total as well, it was Austria though and Salzburg were the best team at the time. When you watch him play for Leipzig he is used more as a free CM, but he tends to change roles during a game a lot, he's more than capable of playing in a DM role. The energy and versatility he has would make a free role the best for us. Just wind him up and stick him on the pitch.

Makes sense. His videos make him look more like a box to box player.. That means we’re STILL four players short IMO.

Guest Pistonbroke

Just makes me like him all the more. Was surprised by Phil’s speed for that break, haven’t really seen it that often as he’s often than on the ball in those situations.

Yeah, he surprised me as well. 

Irrespective of the latters poor form, and it seems strange to say as they've been devastating at times, but I think having both Salah AND Mané on the wings can be detrimental at times. Particularly in the bigger away games.

They've been so devastating on the counter that we are sometimes over reliant on trying to free them into space with one or two passes and can cheaply concede possession rather than go forward a bit less direct and gung ho, allowing us to "start again" and recycle possession if there's no counter opportunities on. We try to force the issue a bit too much at times. Last night and Sevilla away, that's worked initially and then later backfired spectacularly on us.

Mané should've been subbed off a lot earlier and Coutinho moved further up the pitch to offer us a few more touches higher up the pitch.

• Upvote 2

Irrespective of the latters poor form, and it seems strange to say as they've been devastating at times, but I think having both Salah AND Mané on the wings can be detrimental at times. Particularly in the bigger away games.

They've been so devastating on the counter that we are sometimes over reliant on trying to free them into space with one or two passes and can cheaply concede possession rather than go forward a bit less direct and gung ho, allowing us to "start again" and recycle possession if there's no counter opportunities on. We try to force the issue a bit too much at times. Last night and Sevilla away, that's worked initially and then later backfired spectacularly on us.

Mané should've been subbed off a lot earlier and Coutinho moved further up the pitch to offer us a few more touches higher up the pitch.

I completely agree with this.

Going for the killer pass and all out attack at every opportunity just leaves us masssively exposed.

Need someone to put a foot on it and control it.

However, if we had a midfield it would probably be fine

Two basic errors cost us goals last night that had nothing to do with being exposed or due to all out attack.

Nah Mike, Donkey said it happens all the time. Gomez is still learning and has a mistake or two in him, he isn't the biggest problem at the back and in general is a very good player at times. 

His problem is any mistake he makes results in a goal because of the ineptitude of those around him.  Seasoned players are usually bailing out developing kids.  Not ours, though. 

Imagine if he was coming  through when Carra was still here.  He'd always have Carra between him and the goal as a fail safe.  He'd have Carra talking him through the game reassuring him etc.

Instead he has this lot; he's got it rough!   

He's made huge strides in reading the game and positioning though.

I agree , could have been avoided but why are we under pressure from 3 attacks when 2 nil up? Control the game and avoid getting peppered with chances. Over the course of the season, Klopp's style wont work. We have no plan b or game management.

The only way klopp's tactics work is if you buy ready made defenders and a keeper who can do it themselves.

His blind spot is enormous. He is learning though - rotation, domestic cups, xmas period.

However, if he doesnt sort the back 5 and midfield and give the team some shape and guidance and realise you have to control some games, he wont deliver here

If our clowns are still here this summer its another wasted season.

However, i am still confident about the cl this year. Have a good feeling about it as teams are scared of us and we have 2 legs to outscore and cover up our mistakes

I agree , could have been avoided but why are we under pressure from 3 attacks when 2 nil up? Control the game and avoid getting peppered with chances. Over the course of the season, Klopp's style wont work. We have no plan b or game management.

The only way klopp's tactics work is if you buy ready made defenders and a keeper who can do it themselves.

His blind spot is enormous. He is learning though - rotation, domestic cups, xmas period.

However, if he doesnt sort the back 5 and midfield and give the team some shape and guidance and realise you have to control some games, he wont deliver here

If our clowns are still here this summer its another wasted season.

However, i am still confident about the cl this year. Have a good feeling about it as teams are scared of us and we have 2 legs to outscore and cover up our mistakes

Not sure how you can be confident about the CL. Karius is every bit a liability as Mignolet is.

Missed the game as was getting shitfaced.

Glad I did as the goals we conceeded were horrendous.

Only surprise is that we didn't lose.

I'm putting it all on Mignolet.

He should have come out and claimed the ball on the first goal.

As for the 2nd, fuck me. What a spastic.

Same old story.

It's either Mignolet, Lovren or Moreno that fuck us up, yet Klopp still plays the useless cunts.

Why are they still at the club is the real question.

This says to me that Klopp is thick as pig shit.

Missed the game as was getting shitfaced.

Glad I did as the goals we conceeded were horrendous.

Only surprise is that we didn't lose.

I'm putting it all on Mignolet.

He should have come out and claimed the ball on the first goal.

As for the 2nd, fuck me. What a spastic.

Same old story.

It's either Mignolet, Lovren or Moreno that fuck us up, yet Klopp still plays the useless cunts.

Why are they still at the club is the real question.

This says to me that Klopp is thick as pig shit.

Says to me there's more work to be done to the squad than he has money for.  So a) he's prioritizing and B) making the best of the situation.

Or, as you say he's thick as pig shit.

Edit:  Can someone unload their neg cannon on Usher.  His board is surreptitiously slipping smileys into my stuff.