You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What are the perks of your job - intended and unintended

Champ

Pros - I work for a charity so feel I am helping people, fit birds cause it is in the care sector, I manage my own diary so can work from wherever I like including home, my boss is fucking brilliant.

Cons - Constant investigations I have to do because of gossipy whiny fuckers who just don't like the girl next to them because she has a better tan/boyfriend/salary/tits/lunch!

Having to bow down to fuckwits in councils who think they are better than you because a panel gave you a contract at £11 an hour to deliver a quality care service to people.

Our bonus is used to keep us quiet. Last year it was low as there was apparently no money. This year after a year of redundancies and general upheaval it was ratcheted right up with loads getting 28% and some over 40%.

Not sure I would fell comfortable getting a 40% bonus when people have been made redundant, smacks of bad management that does.

Not sure I would fell comfortable getting a 40% bonus when people have been made redundant, smacks of bad management that does.

Would you have given it back? It was a sweetener for those that stayed, pure and simple. I predicted it months ago. The redundancies were massive, it remains to be seen if cutting costs will impact the business negatively. From what I've seen so far I think it was a massive mistake.

I've just had to chose which member of staff is going to Canada for 3 weeks, all expenses paid and will be paid 24 hours a day for those 3 weeks.

The thing that amazed me was the number of twats that said they didn't want to go!

You should have gone with three envelopes.

"Oh, there appears to be my name in this one".

Pros:  

wrote my own job description in my interview (which originally was for another job)

have a large degree of autonomy

have a decent R&D budget and talented people to do stuff I can't do

big company without the constraints of the unwieldy process driven herberts I've worked for previously

Free food and drink

home based so any travel - even to the office - is expensed 

Cons:

a bit too much travelling in the offing - I'm hoping to delegate some of it

haha - it's true.  I went for a job interview but quickly realised I wouldn't be able to do it, so told them in the interview to avoid wasting everyone's time.  Then they asked me to tell them what I could do to help them, and I effectively wrote my job description on the hoof.  

I pick up my new mop and bucket next week.

• Upvote 3