You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Americans

Kevin D

Many stories dont you mean 1 episode about when Regan was shot? Oh and star wars was mentioned? Well no it wasn t.

What was mentioned was the Americans and a new missile defence system. So that wasn t star wars as America announced what they intended to do at that time ,so everybody knew about it.

Did you watch it?

The Americans denied star wars for years as it went against a number of treaties. They did announce it in the end, maybe 83/84 something like that. Was pretty sure season 1 was set 80/81 (Reagan was certainly shot in 81), so for me the story is consistent in this regard.

Is correct Barry Won.

The Missile defence system was Star Wars and as stated it was not announced for a while. And this story line went on for a few episodes. So sorry but you are wrong. And the sets are spot on too.

The Blacklist? The fucking Blacklist. Anyone who thinks that is quality TV needs their bumps feeling. It is shit, The FBI agent cannot act and nor can anyone else apart from Spader. The storyline is so plodding and procedural that you can see the ending within the first five minutes. And how many people can be "quite literally the most dangerous person in the world"?

Still dont understand the love in with this show.The worst no sorry second worst ending to any series only beaten by the following s last episode of season 1. The potential of the show is huge but season 1 was all over the place.Most episodes and the whole setting of the show was 1960/70 s when it was supposed to be the 80s.

The two worst child actors in living memory als happend to be in this as well.

Season two needs to step it up right across the show. That means doing away with the Bewitched house sets and to stop using the 1960 s style storylines and bring it up to what was going on in the 80s with Reagan etc the likes of star wars and to stop all pre 80s pre concieved ideas of spies.

Do you ever like any TV show or do you just complain about them all?

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Translation of what Elizabeth's mum was saying on the tape:

"My dearest Nadejda, I was just thinking about how you used to wait for me in our kitchen, in this very chair. I would get angry at you and ask you why you wouldn't put the time to better use and do something more productive. You just enjoyed sitting and thinking. You were always like that. I've been thinking about many things. I felt that something inside me wasn't quite right. The doctor took a blood test and told me I had cancer, blood cancer. That the disease is already in my body, in my bone marrow, in my blood. He said there's nothing more that can be done, we can only wait. Wait until the disease takes over."

http://tvline.com/2015/02/11/the-americans-season-3-margo-martindale-returns-claudia/

The Americans‘ original handler is back.

Margo Martindale will reprise her role as the Jennings’ ex-KGB supervisor Claudia in a Season 3 episode of the FX spy drama, TVLine has learned exclusively.

“We couldn’t be more thrilled and grateful for Margo’s return as Claudia in the third season,” executive producers Joe Weisberg and Joel Fields tell TVLine. “It was an immense joy to have her in our first two seasons, so to work with her again is a wonderful stroke of good fortune. And all we had to do was ask nicely! And promise no one would punch her in the face again!”

Claudia was last seen in the Season 2 finale, telling her former assets Philip and Elizabeth that The Center wants their daughter Paige to become part of the second-generation legals program.

Martindale has earned two Emmy Award nominations for her performance on the FX series. She most recently starred on the CBS sitcom The Millers, which was abruptly canceled in November

• 1 month later...