You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hurricane Sandy - Frankenstorm!

Spy Bee

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad to see your filthy posts again Iceman!

Paulie, theres a chance lower Manhattan still wont have power, and the subways are wonky. Could be chaotic.

There was an article in The Independent today. Upper Manhattan has power, and the hotels are full and have upped there prices per night by several hundred dollars to fleece residents of lower Manhattan looking for some respite. She should watch out for the old "we've double booked you" routine.

So glad to see your filthy posts again Iceman!

Paulie, theres a chance lower Manhattan still wont have power, and the subways are wonky. Could be chaotic.

Thanks old chap. Did get a bit touch and go there for a minute. Makes you realize how much we take for granted.

My girlfriend and sister are going to Manhattan on Friday.

They've been thinking about not going. Is that area all alright? Is it worth them still going?

Is it meant to be freezing next week or something?

I stayed there Friday and Saturday. I was mid town. Most power back on now. Hotel ran out of towels and pillow cases, but that was as bad as it got. It's ok to go there.

Let me tell you Alan' date=' she blew harder than a jersey crack whore trying to get mr Big his money for the weekend. Sandy was wet and wild and she moaned like some kind of crazed howling banshee, and when she'd taken all the biggest wood the city had to offer and reduced them to little stumps, she started to make Hudson swell. She made him roll and slither like some kind of gargantuan wet snake until he was ready to blow his huge toxic load all over the filthy city streets of vice and whores. All over the filthy sex ridden streets of the filthy city Alan. Like some kind of snake fed on a diet of gasoline and oil with a side of street filth, Hudson blew his huge load of filthy pap all over the city's dirty streets of shame Alan.

But like I said, I've seen worse.[/quote']

That's gonna take a whole lotta Kleenex to wipe up!

Bit of raid and a few light gusts and America goes to pieces. That's would be considered as a nice day in Scotland.

Why do Americans build wooden houses in areas where hurricanes are common? Never understood that.

Wooden houses survive better in areas of earthquakes than brick houses do.

Also it is a cheaper material to use,and if designed right a wooden house can have a better chance of survival in a hurricane.

The problem arises with flooding as when that happens,unless your house can turn into a boat then no matter what it is made of your basically fucked.

Had some time so went to volunteer with Occupy Sandy Relief today. They sent me to Far Rockaway which is a strange mix of low income housing projects and comfortable beach villas all built on a completely flat strip of sand southeast of Brooklyn.

I was shocked at how dire things were, 12 days after the hurricane. No subways running in or out, no power for the next 2-3 months, no heat. Its getting colder and while the wealthier portion of the peninsula (which suffered the most from flooding & fires) has a large FEMA and national guard presence, the tall public housing projects seem totally abandoned by all relief organizations other than Occupy.

There are 20 story buildings, giant cement behemoths, pitch dark inside, with no running water and hallways full of excrement. Old or disabled people are trapped in their rooms, running out of supplies and prescription meds, unable to make it down. Aparently its very dangerous after sunset due to the lack of police presence and light.

And barely anything in the media as the situation gets worse every day. As far as theyre concerned, Sandy is over and dealt with.

Hurricane Sandy: beware of America's disaster capitalists | Naomi Klein | Comment is free | The Guardian

The people of the city will have to stay on their toes because there'll be a glint in the eye of some who see this as a massive land-grab opportunity. One hope is that after seeing New Orleans people get a chance to see the playbook that the opponents are calling their plays from.

Be vigilant where the aid and reconstruction money goes too, it'll find it's way elsewhere and it'll be the easiest swindle they've ever done.