You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Snooker Championship 2017

Mendoza

Guest Pistonbroke

But if you'd spent 35+ years of your life practising and/or playing 8 hours a fucking day, you'd probably be sick of snooker

I think Stig has other ideas for the snooker table, although he would be potting the pink and brown. 

I watch it on Eurosport most of the time to avoid that insufferable bint Hazel Irvine, Mind you Phil Yates in the commentary box is a nightmare,

The Ian Darke of snooker :full of inane comments and pointless facts and Halett is just an idiot that makes you wonder how he ever managed to hold the right end of a cue, Joe Johnson is brilliant and quite like Neil Foulds,    

It was because he was in the "easy" half of the draw presumably but he was still too short. He's always too short, the bookies seem to be afraid of him

I think his form coming into this was good, but I assumed the bookies would keep the odds a bit longer as he was inevitably going to fail. Every time he starts hyping himself up before this event he falls flat on his face. Reading his comments before the McLeod match, it was reminiscent of when he said O'Sullivan couldn't live with his potting, just tempting fate.

I watch it on Eurosport most of the time to avoid that insufferable bint Hazel Irvine, Mind you Phil Yates in the commentary box is a nightmare,

The Ian Darke of snooker :full of inane comments and pointless facts and Halett is just an idiot that makes you wonder how he ever managed to hold the right end of a cue, Joe Johnson is brilliant and quite like Neil Foulds,

Yates is insufferable

• Upvote 1

Murphy is such a twat. Why did he have to get involved in Ronnie's dispute with Hearns? Good thing Ronnie twatted him.

I suspect Hearns put him up to it,  "Shaun my old mucker have a bit of a pop at Ronnie for me would you old son; I'll back you up and you know what he's like, He will lose the plot and you'll snot him " 

Tough draw for Ronnie, former champion Murphy and then the best current player never to win the tournament, but if he keeps this form up no one is stopping him.

The most annoying pundit/commentator has to be Ken Doherty, the way he pronounces through as troo and first as foist is like nails down a blackboard.

As long as it's not John Virgo doing his trademark "Where's the cue ball going!?!" scream I don't mind.

He actually missed an opportunity when Ronnie went in off, but he couldn't let it lie, so he just said "Where's the cue ball gone?" afterwards.

He and Willie Thorne need the bolt gun. Taylor too probably,

• Upvote 2

He and Willie Thorne need the bolt gun. Taylor too probably,

Taylor especially. Every time he's on, the cameraman will find the player's wife or friend in the crowd so he can bang on about how much he knows about them. "There's Vicki there, his lovely wife, they've been married for three years now and are thinking about buying a new three piece suite from DFS."

• Upvote 1

Taylor especially. Every time he's on, the cameraman will find the player's wife or friend in the crowd so he can bang on about how much he knows about them. "There's Vicki there, his lovely wife, they've been married for three years now and are thinking about buying a new three piece suite from DFS."

He was on the Ronnie match yesterday and he said that he was in talking to Murphy's wife and baby son before the game and that "They certainly think he's got a chance of getting back into the game". Made me laugh

• Upvote 1

He was on the Ronnie match yesterday and he said that he was in talking to Murphy's wife and baby son before the game and that "They certainly think he's got a chance of getting back into the game". Made me laugh

Eurosport is better if you can avoid that utter spastic Phil Yates

40 years at The Crucible doc coming up shortly on BBC2.

I was looking forward to that but I thought it was shite, fuck all about the other characters that have been involved in that time. The only good bit was Joe Johnson as his title is hardly spoke about all the other stuff about Higgins, Davis, Hendry, White and co has been done to death........

It felt like it lasted 40 years which isn't surprising seeing as Steve Davis presented it.

Oh and did you know that Dennis Taylor won the World Championship 18-17 after trailing 7-0 with a black ball fin.......zzzzzzzzzzzz

I was looking forward to that but I thought it was shite, fuck all about the other characters that have been involved in that time. The only good bit was Joe Johnson as his title is hardly spoke about all the other stuff about Higgins, Davis, Hendry, White and co has been done to death........

It felt like it lasted 40 years which isn't surprising seeing as Steve Davis presented it.

Oh and did you know that Dennis Taylor won the World Championship 18-17 after trailing 7-0 with a black ball fin.......zzzzzzzzzzzz

Sounds like just the thing to relieve the depression following events at Anfield earlier