You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Golf Clubs

Brownie

Castle Stuart is great and not all that difficult. Plus the service in the place is 1st class and food reasonably priced.

Boat of Garten is my favorite along with Spey Valley in Aviemore.  If you haven't booked yet Spey Valley should be on your list.

We did an Aviemore tour a few years back. We stayed in the McDonald Hotel there and played Spey Valley along wi Nairn again and a few others I can't remember. As you say, a great course.

It's mainly Scottish lads on the holiday. The first time we did it was in 1990 and we've had the holiday every year since then. Only 2 lads have made every single on of them, but it's never been less than 10 on it. It's usually in Scotland or Ireland with the odd trip into England or Wales. We did a foreign trip once for the weather but none of us really enjoyed it. It's about proper links golf and these are the best 2 islands in the world for that. Last year was Portrush, year before was Aberdeen and so on. We do a St Andrews tour every 5-6 years like the Open.

My sister lives in North Berwick outside Edinburgh and her husband is a member of Gullane along with a few friends so I tend to play there a good few times a year. Pure golf heaven around there.

We did an Aviemore tour a few years back. We stayed in the McDonald Hotel there and played Spey Valley along wi Nairn again and a few others I can't remember. As you say, a great course.

It's mainly Scottish lads on the holiday. The first time we did it was in 1990 and we've had the holiday every year since then. Only 2 lads have made every single on of them, but it's never been less than 10 on it. It's usually in Scotland or Ireland with the odd trip into England or Wales. We did a foreign trip once for the weather but none of us really enjoyed it. It's about proper links golf and these are the best 2 islands in the world for that. Last year was Portrush, year before was Aberdeen and so on. We do a St Andrews tour every 5-6 years like the Open.

My sister lives in North Berwick outside Edinburgh and her husband is a member of Gullane along with a few friends so I tend to play there a good few times a year. Pure golf heaven around there.

Have a good trip mate. I'm sure you will. There is a driving range at Fairways in Inverness For a warm up.

• Upvote 1

I've negged you for basically being the annoying woman in the office who says "I don't get the interest, it's just a bunch of guys chasing a ball full of air around a field" when referring to that other sport we all initially came here for.

Golf is great. If you don't like it, then stay out of this lovely golf thread you nazi.

Thats my day ruined.

You're right though, i'm just bitter. If I could actually hit a ball more than 10 yards i'm sure i'd probably like it.

93 is decent score if you've only just started playing.

I lose stupid shots within 50 yards of the pin. Not looking at how the ball is lying, is it sloped, lack of concentration, over (misplaced) confidence, stupidity...the list is endless!

Love the game though and accept that I'll never be much good at it, but boy is it fucking frustrating at times.