You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our 25 Man Squad?

rubberduckstyle

---------------------------------Reina/Doni---------------------------------

Johnson/Kelly/Flannagan--Coates/Carra--Agger/Skrtel--Enrique/Aurelio/Robinson

Kuyt/Maxi--------------Lucas/Spearing--Adam/Shelvey-------Downing/Sterling

------------------------------Gerrard/Henderson-----------------------------

----------------------------Suarez/Carroll/Bellamy---------------------------

I've given the wildcard spot to Sterling. Sickened to see Meireles go and I do feel we could have done better than Bellamy but no obvious passengers there. Sterling is obviously untried and may not even make the 25 but everyone else will do a job for you.

Sterling, Robinson, Flannagan, Kelly, Shelvey, Coates, Henderson, Carroll and Spearing are all under 23 years old. 8 of those players are English and some are really bright prospects. Fair dues have to go to some of these youngsters for through their progression forced the shite like Degen and Cole closer to the Exit Door!

Early signs from Enrique, Downing, Adam and Henderson have been really encouraging. Our experienced players make up the spine of the team - Reina, Carra, Lucas (only 24, I know), Gerrard and the Legend in waiting Luis Alberto Suárez Díaz.

Great mixture of youth and experience at the back. Possible injuries to the likes of Aurelio, Agger, Kelly and Johnson means that there will be plenty of chances for the likes of Coates, Flannagan and Robinson.

Kuyt, Maxi and Bellamy will provide experienced cover in the wide and forward positions and all are good for a few goals. Which leaves Andy Carroll. Hopefully the best is yet to come from Carroll. He will certainly be an option against certain teams in the league.

All in all, a good summer and a strong squad with a nice balance to it. Could be an interesting season.

---------------------------------Reina/Doni---------------------------------

Johnson/Kelly/Flannagan--Coates/Carra--Agger/Skrtel--Enrique/Aurelio/Robinson

Kuyt/Maxi--------------Lucas/Spearing--Adam/Shelvey-------Downing/Sterling

------------------------------Gerrard/Henderson-----------------------------

----------------------------Suarez/Carroll/Bellamy---------------------------

The players in blue are all below 21 and dont need to be included in the 25 man squad and can still play the 25 man rule doesnt pose us a problem but cole and others that are out on loan and over 21 would be included in our 25 man squad so that when the loan ends they can slip back into the squad otherwise they would be no use to us but would still be being paid

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I still think we're a little light in Midfield, and maybe the right wing. That said, we've got to remember these are the early stages of the rebuild. The luxury additions come later. We could do with M'Villa and Hazard, but we don't live in an ideal world.

First Team 18 man match day squad - Average age 26:

Reina – 29

Johnson – 27

Enrique – 25

Agger – 27

Carragher – 33

Kelly – 21

Sktrel – 27

Coates – 21

Gerrard – 31

Maxi – 30

Henderson – 21

Downing – 27

Lucas – 24

Adam – 26

Suarez – 24

Carroll – 22

Bellamy – 32

Kuyt – 31

Subs and Remaining Squad members - Average age 21:

Spearing – 23

Flanagan – 18

Aurellio – 32

Wilson – 20

Suso – 18

Sterling – 16

Doni – 32

Shevley – 19

Coady – 18

Robinson - 18

Very happy with our squad, but during last week I started to have concerns about midfield which funnily seemed to be best feeded month ago.

With Stevie beeing injury prone and in case of possible injury to Adam, Henderson, we could finish which midfield combinations of Lucas-Spearing, Lucas- Shelvey, Henderson - Spearing atc. which are not good enough.

I don´t wanna criticize Kenny, maybe time will tell the thruth, but both Aquilani and Meireles were pushed out of the club by our board, because they´re suddenly 2nd choice to the likes of Adam, Henderson and maybe even Spearing without any reason.

Now they look like c*nts, but they ( and especially Raul) wanted to leave because he wasn´t given any fuckin chance.

Yes, now we have Adam and Henderson, and we replaced Raul Meireles and Alberto Aquilani, which are twice the footballers Adam and Hendo will ever be. I pray to god they´ll prove me wrong.

Yes, now we have Adam and Henderson, and we replaced Raul Meireles and Alberto Aquilani, which are twice the footballers Adam and Hendo will ever be. I pray to god they´ll prove me wrong.

Geeez, Mrs S, you are writing off a 21yo there.

Aquilani only ever showed fleeting glimpses of what he was capable of and for whatever ability you think Raul has, he obviously didn't fit into Kenny's plans.

Time will tell.

Except that Aquilani isn't an athlete, and would never last 60 minutes of game time without needing a subbing... so he's fucking useless as a nice set of tits in the middle of your fucking back. I'd prefer Adam to Aquilani ten times out of ten.

Meireles? ... I think his movement is brilliant, and he's got a pretty good engine, but Henderson is the much more talented player. I expect that Jordan will be twice the player in about two years.

I don't think Wilson would get a game for any Premier League side yet.

Disagree there, I've watched him play for Scotland and he's been excellent, it was only v Exeter but he was very good in that game also. The only appearances he was making last year for us was at LB, which he obviously isn't

He's a much better player than Ayala who had 2 premier league clubs trying to buy him.