You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny's lost his timing? WTF!?

Guest San Don

Guest San Don

Piss poor article by smith I think.

Frankly, I dont see what's smith is trying to get across here. Is it an attack on Dalglish? We know the squad is crap and doesnt hold a candle to the squad that last won the league. But 'Dalglish's squad' etc? Its a squad the King inherited, the flotsam and jetsom inherited from previous managers, underfunded by previous wreckless owners. Dalglish's squad? Get to fuck.

As for Dalglish's timing, to be honest, I think his timing, a second coming if you will, has been perfect. In our hour of need, cometh the messiah.

The King is back. But even the King needs more than 3 fucking days to turn a supertanker, going in the wrong direction at full speed, around.

Do yourself a favour smith and fuck off with shite articles like this.

Liverpool's caretaker manager Kenny Dalglish has lost his sense of timing - Telegraph

Dalglish’s squad now is one packed with mediocrity, as their performances this season have made clear. Fans of a certain vintage would find it hard to equate the likes of Christian Poulsen, Paul Konchesky and Ryan Babel with their predecessors. They are riddled with errors and have been paralysed by transfer market waste.

Timing??

The Dipstick trying to rewrite history by saying under his last tendency the squad of the 90's was at the end of their domination? The fucking Muppet needs to know we were 3 points clear on 22 Feb when he resigned in 91, the title was all but are... with only Arsenal chasing us, the team when into disarray after Dalglish resigned, only for us to lose the title that year by 7 points (proving we fell apart) , it was Souness who sold some of are best players, wanting to make his mark on the team by replacing them with shit.

Edited by redsoxs

You realise of course that if you continue to label people pro-Rafa or anti-Rafa then the divide amongst the fans is not going to go away any time soon?

I think the title is a little misleading but then no-one on this thread seems to have read the article itself, which is essentially comparing the team Kenny left and the team he's inherited, and commenting that this is a pretty difficult time to be managing Liverpool.

Some people on here need to get a life.

You realise of course that if you continue to label people pro-Rafa or anti-Rafa then the divide amongst the fans is not going to go away any time soon?

But it's the journalist who in that article refers to Rafa's side of 2008/9 and not me. I think it's important that fans can appreciate the context and why certain folk in the media continue to write what they do.

Guest San Don

I think the title is a little misleading but then no-one on this thread seems to have read the article itself, which is essentially comparing the team Kenny left and the team he's inherited, and commenting that this is a pretty difficult time to be managing Liverpool.

Some people on here need to get a life.

Before you start saying no one has read the article, please get your facts straight. I read the article in its entirety.

If, as you suggest, smith's article is essentially comparing the King's last squad with the current one, does smith really think we dont know there's a difference in class?

And in any event, if the article was as you suggest, I very much doubt the last sentence would be "For Dalglish’s legacy, his legend, the time may be wrong."

People need to get a life? No, lazy half arsed journos shouldnt insult our intelligence with shite column space filling copy.

But it's the journalist who in that article refers to Rafa's side of 2008/9 and not me. I think it's important that fans can appreciate the context and why certain folk in the media continue to write what they do.

Smith can't be that thick can he? If he is testing the waters to see what kind of reaction he will get then he is a fool. Kenny is the manager and as he said himself he was happy to help. Timing is an issue for other people to debate even though we should have appointed him in the summer instead of Roy.

I thought you were fishing with your first post in this thread but I see you are concerned enough to raise the prospect. I would not worry too much about the journo's who have a soft spot for Rafa. If they think we are going to line up against the King then they need a padded cell.

Guest the boy

A sign that the Rafa-brigade in the press (and Rory Smith is one of the biggest champions of Benitez) are already lining up Kenny in their sights?

Fucking obsessed. You are now the ONLY poster making constant allusions in threads with which Benitez has nothing to do with. Even Hermes seems over it.

Two glaringly obvious mistakes that I have spotted in the article.

Barnes got a beautiful right footed curler from outside the box that night. Molby didn't score.

Venison is the first name in a list of players noted for their mediocrity but Venision was at the club for all but one of Kenny's years in charge averaging about 20 league appearances a season.

It's a shit, mish-mash of an article that has lots of words but says nothing. A bit like Smith himself.

Before you start saying no one has read the article, please get your facts straight. I read the article in its entirety.

If, as you suggest, smith's article is essentially comparing the King's last squad with the current one, does smith really think we dont know there's a difference in class?

And in any event, if the article was as you suggest, I very much doubt the last sentence would be "For Dalglish’s legacy, his legend, the time may be wrong."

People need to get a life? No, lazy half arsed journos shouldnt insult our intelligence with shite column space filling copy.

Well, I certainly wouldn't presume that Liverpool supporters know there's a difference in class, given how many mongs there are on here for a start. You may feel it's insulting your own intelligence, that's a different story.

And he does have a point about the timing. Let's say Kenny had been given the job in the summer; don't you think he would have had a much better chance of success, of adding to his status? He's massively hamstrung by what's gone on before him and given some of the posts on the game threads about his team selection, not going to escape mongage from some of our fans.

All he's saying is Dalglish has come in at a time when the squad has no confidence, and that it's going to be a tough job for him because the expectations of the fans far exceed what is actually possible with this current squad.

The timing's obviously not all his fault, but he has chosen a tough week to come back with an away game at Old Trafford and then the derby with Blackpool away in between.

Stop overreacting.

Guest San Don
All he's saying is Dalglish has come in at a time when the squad has no confidence, and that it's going to be a tough job for him because the expectations of the fans far exceed what is actually possible with this current squad.

The timing's obviously not all his fault, but he has chosen a tough week to come back with an away game at Old Trafford and then the derby with Blackpool away in between.

Stop overreacting.

Whoopee fuckin doo. So it needs an article by smith to let everyone know that, that the squad has no confidence? And I dont think that is the purpose of the article at all.

I think its just a copy filler. As someone has pointed out and I thought at the time, Barnes scored in that last game. That's how spot on accurate smith is. Not!

I love it when people like you set yourself up as forum police. Stop overreacting indeed.

The team he left in 1991 was aging and would have needed money spending on it but probably would have still won the league though.

The problem was that Souness used a hammer to crack a nut when Kenny probably would have just eased players out over a period of time.

Back then the defining moments for Kenny's squad was missing out on Pallister and even Gary Mabbutt around that time.

Not sure who he would have signed but I'm sure we wouldnt have dropped too much because of our attacking talent.

Not sure what this article has got to do with this current situation though?

Guest ShoePiss
What a bunch of girls you lot are. That's a nothing article.

But doesn't the fact that it's a nothing article upset you? Where's your fucking outrage?!!!