You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If you were made the new Liverpool manager...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd want a super contract and at least 3 seasons to get a squad that is good enough to compete for a top 4 finish. Lots of people are saying who they would get for their first team but it's behind the scenes that the club needs to be improved the most. We need players with confidence in each other and a SQUAD that is big enough and strong enough to compete, in at least the league.

Some of those benches that we had towards the end of the season were embarrassing from a fan's point of view.

I'd attempt to re-unite the squad and then the supporters.

I'd sell the shite, Degen et al.

I'd sacrifice a couple like Strtel to raise funds.

I'd promote the likes of Spearing, Kelly, Ayala full time.

I'd spend what I had on one player or two if I had significant funds, ie: we sell El Jefe cos he wont re-sign.

I'd attempt to re-unite the squad and then the supporters.

I'd sell the shite, Degen et al.

I'd sacrifice a couple like Strtel to raise funds.

I'd promote the likes of Spearing, Kelly, Ayala full time.

I'd spend what I had on one player or two if I had significant funds, ie: we sell El Jefe cos he wont re-sign.

I think Kelly and Ayala train with the first team squad already.

Guest PurpleNose
No, I wasn't getting at any individuals mate, or deriding what people have put forward. I do think we need major surgery, not just a facelift though.

Sorry if I pissed you off.

Don't be absurd.

I doubt I've read a single post that has pissed me off, certainly not one from you. Anyway I'm eating pasta now, so I'm in my happy place.

zlatan-ibrahimovic-presentado-barcelona11.jpg

Guess who won the league again.[/quoteIT]
Edited by PurpleNose

Sell Kuyt, Lucas, Agger, Masch, Torres. App 180m. Buy Otamendi (CD), Sandro (DM), Kryvstov (CD,DR), AAron Gudjohnson (DM,AM), Milevski (ST), Dzeko(ST) Moussa Sissoko(DM,CM) Veloso (CM) all for around 60M. We will challenge for the league and Dzeko will become 1 of the best strikers in the world, Sissoko will be the new Gerrard (with the right training) Otamendi will become world class. Kryvstov will become young player of the year. And Sandro is fuckin great (altho, think Spurs have him now--6m--Bargain) If enough money left over. would get Gourcuff(AM. AMR). Its fuckin easy this management lark. Same tactics every game, Attack Attack Attack. Dont worry about the opposition.

I see you have based this by just playing FM. :wallbutt:

I'm confident in saying I bet you have not seen the majority of them play (and even if you have I bet that was only one game)

I see you have based this by just playing FM. :wallbutt:

I'm confident in saying I bet you have not seen the majority of them play (and even if you have I bet that was only one game)

I think that your point is the same one he was trying to make through use of witty sarcasm. (i hope)

I think too much emphasis is put on money. Yes we need 100's of millions to compete with the mancs x2 chavs and even the Arse ! But what I would rather do instead of paying over the odds for fuckin foreign shite, I'd build a team of good Englush/British players. Forget about the league ( we have for 21 years) and go for Gary Cahill, Sccott Parker, Joe Cole, Tom Huddlestone, Ryan Shawcross, Carlton Cole, Theo Walcott, Mathew Etherington, James Milner, Marcus Bent, players like that who will add to the squad and build a team for the future. We perform better with a Scot in our team throughout our history we have had a Scottish influence adn I always feel better when we have a good Jock in the team, young Wilson from Ranger should fill that void for me soon. I'm glad of the shift in emphasis away from young foreign signings unless they are top class. British is best for me and a sense of reality. We are NOT going to challenge so lets build a good British team. if Gerrard n Torres go well get good money and move on we are Liverpool FC not Gerrard FC or Torres Fc or Rafa Fc for that matter, no matter what happens in the summer we will be there supporting the lads with a sense of reality, we'll be fighting for 5/6th place

If I was manager we'd be fighting relegation with the two cunt owners. It would be attacking football though.

2-0 up with 15 minutes to go and end up losing 5-4 trying to please the fans instead of shutting down the game.

I would shoot any players that aimlessly run 20 yards to foul a defender or concede a throw in near the opposition corner flag.

All passes should be forward or result in a cross for a goal attempt. None of this getting a corner and the ball ending up with Pepe 3 passes later.

Midfielders will be encouraged to attempt defence splitting passes rather than passing it backwards for a defender to pass it sideways twice and eventually lump in forward when the forwards haven't lost their marker.

The players would end up ignoring all my instructions and I'd get the blame.

I think too much emphasis is put on money. Yes we need 100's of millions to compete with the mancs x2 chavs and even the Arse ! But what I would rather do instead of paying over the odds for fuckin foreign shite, I'd build a team of good Englush/British players. Forget about the league ( we have for 21 years) and go for Gary Cahill, Sccott Parker, Joe Cole, Tom Huddlestone, Ryan Shawcross, Carlton Cole, Theo Walcott, Mathew Etherington, James Milner, Marcus Bent, players like that who will add to the squad and build a team for the future. We perform better with a Scot in our team throughout our history we have had a Scottish influence adn I always feel better when we have a good Jock in the team, young Wilson from Ranger should fill that void for me soon. I'm glad of the shift in emphasis away from young foreign signings unless they are top class. British is best for me and a sense of reality. We are NOT going to challenge so lets build a good British team. if Gerrard n Torres go well get good money and move on we are Liverpool FC not Gerrard FC or Torres Fc or Rafa Fc for that matter, no matter what happens in the summer we will be there supporting the lads with a sense of reality, we'll be fighting for 5/6th place

Marcus Bent? Really?

I'll give you four words:

POSITION OF MAXIMUM OPPORTUNITY.

That is still being taught. We teach players in this country to win before we teach them how to play.