You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres To Chelsea

I think there's every chance he could leave now this summer. he looked real pissed off during the chelsea game in the tv highlights. Dont know what his demeanour was like in the 'lap of honour' as I didnt stick around for such an embarassing event.

Hope to goodness he doesnt go to another english club if he does decide to move on. He must know that would be a real kick in the bollocks to all the fans who adore him.

Another aspect to this that a mate in work brought up earlier is that we now have a fucking Chelsea fan as our chairman. What's to stop the guy feeding info to Abramovich? He'll be privy to our financial position, know what if any bids we've received and what it may take for a successful bid. Another big mess brought to the club by the cowboys.

Ladies and gentlemen, I have my first fan! Reading between the lines, you fucking love me, don't you?

Before we consummate our love, though. A pointer: 'This is a discussion forum and the poster put something up or discussion'... So I posted my opinion in this discussion forum... is... logic.. a problem for you? Unless this is a back slapping thread for mates who just want to get on to their knees and rep each other as they gag?

As for your cod-psychoanalysis, yes, yes, yes and yes; you're like Robbie Coltraine in Cracker there. All spot on, except it was both my uncles.

Anyway, thankyou for becoming my first fan; it makes me feel gooey inside.

You were simply abusive. Pathetic

The thing about Torres is... are we so sure we can rely on him to be fit? As great a player as he is, he's useless if he isn't playing which was plenty given the current season. If he is consistently missing for chunks of every season with injury, it might be the 70 mill isn't such a bad thing to take after all, as long as it all goes to the kit for future transfers. We pretty much have to rebuild regardless of whether there are new owners or not. The physical toll that even Torres himself admits is wearing him down, isn't going to decrease. And he isn't going to get younger or necessarily become less injury prone.

Torres hasn't had a football free summer for what will be 3 years at the start of next season. There's been the Euro's, Confederation Cup and, next, the World Cup, all when he's expected to play as a lone striker for us during the season.

No wonder his injury record is getting worse.

I think the Clubs inability to sign a quality second striker, and help take the weight off Torres, has been instrumental in us failing to win the League in either of the two season prior to this one. And him missing this season has contributed to our poor season along with all our other ills.

He's 26 and has looked pissed off at times playing for us. I think he's possibly the best striker i've seen in a red shirt, I would be devastated if he went away, anywhere.

I don't believe that the americans would use the money we might get for him in player buys for Benitez or any new manager and so I hope he stays, regardless of the cash on offer. If he left, it would be tanatmount to giving him away for interest payments.

He should stay until at least the yanks go and not before or we'll lose his worth in goals and cash.

Liverpool Echo - Liverpool FC - Columnists - John Aldridge - JOHN ALDRIDGE: I fear Liverpool FC's Fernando Torres will be sold

THERE is a sense of relief that the season is over but also a fear for the future.

It all got a bit monotonous towards the end. By our standards, it was horrendous.

Throughout it all it’s been quite apparent which players care and those who don’t.

Now is the time to get rid of any deadwood and bring in some of the young lads who have been brought up in the traditions of the club.

I reckon we could raise about £30million by selling off those who I would deem surplus to requirements.

We should use that money to bring in a couple of quality players and combine them with the rest of the squad and the likes of Jay Spearing, Martin Kelly and Stephen Darby; good, young players who care.

It’s not like there will be loads of transfer cash at the manager’s disposal – whoever that is.

Rafa Benitez’s situation is still up in the air. Either way it needs to be sorted sooner rather than later so we can move on and plan for next season.

My biggest concern, though, is that Fernando Torres will be forced out.

I’ve got a horrible feeling about it.

The Americans aren’t too concerned about matters on the pitch. So with spiralling debts and no sign of selling the club any time soon, cashing in on Torres is their quickest way of easing the burden of debt they’ve placed on the club.

You could apply the same logic to Steven Gerrard but it’s Torres who seems the most likely to be put up for auction.

Of course, the player would be totally blameless if it came to that but I fear that little, if any, of the funds raised by a sale would be used for squad strengthening.

I hope I’m wrong.

The best case scenario would be to start the new season with the squad we’ve got now – minus the deadwood and plus one or two new additions – while the banks force the owners into a quick sale.

Here’s hoping.

i dont mind the red selling torres if they get near the 100mill mark for him, lets face it he spends alot of time in the treatment room and trying to regain fitness,the problem i have with having 100mill is giving it to rafa....... he has bought some shite lads and still hasnt bought a strike partner for torres since we sold robbie keane:telloff: as far as im concerned keep reina carragher and gerrard and get what you can for the rest of them preferebly with a new coach and new owners by august:whistle:

i dont mind the red selling torres if they get near the 100mill mark for him, lets face it he spends alot of time in the treatment room and trying to regain fitness,the problem i have with having 100mill is giving it to rafa....... he has bought some shite lads and still hasnt bought a strike partner for torres since we sold robbie keane:telloff: as far as im concerned keep reina carragher and gerrard and get what you can for the rest of them preferebly with a new coach and new owners by august:whistle:

Of course he has, but ask yourself why he is buying these players. Maybe its because he can't afford the top rate players who go to Utd, Chelski, City.

You're blinkered. You're another sheep.

I would hate to see him leave especially to an other english club,If he did go (i think he will stay 1 more season and see how things go)Barcelona would be his preferred move i would imagine not real madrid(it would be like gerrard joining everton)If he does go to Barca what would anyone think about having Bojan thrown in as part of the deal? £60 Million

+ Bojan or something in that region,better than ngog would be a good option off the bench an £60mill to re-buid in other areas (as long as the yanks dont pocket the proceeds)

Of course he has, but ask yourself why he is buying these players. Maybe its because he can't afford the top rate players who go to Utd, Chelski, City.

Change the fucking record. His transfer record is appalling. Even if benitez could have bought the quality of players you suggest, he'd still make them play shit football with his 'controlling' sterile tactics.

If he played them or didnt take them off on 65 minutes, that is.

I would hate to see him leave especially to an other english club,If he did go (i think he will stay 1 more season and see how things go)Barcelona would be his preferred move i would imagine not real madrid(it would be like gerrard joining everton)If he does go to Barca what would anyone think about having Bojan thrown in as part of the deal? £60 Million

+ Bojan or something in that region,better than ngog would be a good option off the bench an £60mill to re-buid in other areas (quote)

The way things are going at the club,its more likely we will swap Nando +Mascher for Imfuckincrapovitch.

David moyes across the park can spot bargains on less of a budget than Rafa, what is Benitez's excuse? you add Arteta, Baines, Cahill and Saha to our squad it would be capable of challenging so yon't need big money if you are to quote Rafa "clever in the market" unfortunately for us he has been rather thick and stupid most of the time.

I'd hate to see him go there but if he did I'd want Anelka as part of the deal.

I was thinking that myself but couldn't handle seeing Torres play for another English team thats why i would prefer Barca and a Bojan deal (if he went i mean)

Barca sniffing around now according to........well the ever-reliable redtops.

If we sell Torres and receive ,say 100m.

Do we see any of that money going towards transfers...or if so

Do you trust Rafa with that sort of money.

Dont trust either...........we're in a serious pickle, me be thinking

Not so sure. First choice here or third choice there.

Good point, but considering the money he's making there compared to what he would get here? Torres' fitness record means Anelka would still get some playing time. And finally there's the option of actually winning some of the major trophies.

I doubt Anelka will go anywhere near LFC under the current owners.

David moyes across the park can spot bargains on less of a budget than Rafa, what is Benitez's excuse? you add Arteta, Baines, Cahill and Saha to our squad it would be capable of challenging so yon't need big money if you are to quote Rafa "clever in the market" unfortunately for us he has been rather thick and stupid most of the time.

We had Alonso, so no need for Arteta. Cahill was a clever gamble, agree. Saha is inconsistant and injury prone. So Cahill is the only one who would have been available and an improvement. Moyes has also made bad buys.

Rafa has took way to many chances on his "bargain" buys when you think this as probably been our down fall this season our squad players aren't up to it so to speak Ngog,Lucas,el zahar,riera probably cost us in the region of about £17mil when the players above Arteta,Cahill,Baines and Saha cost about £10mil ,£7mil or so less and man for man better players.But compare his major signings to Moyes Torres £22m--Yakubu £15m Macherano £17m--Fellani(fluffy haired fell)£17m i know who i'd have.But based on our reported transfer budget this summer we may have to rely on Rafa's "bargains" again trouble ahead ?

We had Alonso, so no need for Arteta. Cahill was a clever gamble, agree. Saha is inconsistant and injuring prone. So Cahill is the only one who would have been available and an improvement. Moyes has also made bad buys.

Just an example you can go right through the premier league and across europe and find players that have been signed for low amounts that would have turned us into a much stronger outfit squad wise if Rafa had spent wisely.

He has had the funds over 6 seasons to have a much stronger squad than what we have now. He could have promoted local lads from academy rather than waste it on some of those pathetic wasters who don't deserve the shirt. It would have saved money that could have been used correctly. Keane and Aquilani borders on neglegence. To spit his dummy out and just dispose of someone he spent 20 million on is insane. Now the same may happen with Aquilani. Its idiotic. He has gone about things the wrong way.

I know the yanks have pulled the plug in recent transfer windows gobshites but Rafa has had enough funds to not be excused of the pathetic performances we have seen this season. He deserves the sack, no way will he turn it around. It is now believed Gerrard like Alonso wants out after a breakdown in relationship with him, like crouch as well another quality player alienated. How many people does Benitez fall out with? He's got to go. If he was delivering results or at least getting us playing attractive football then he would get more leaway as it happens the results and cautious style just accentuate some fans distrust of him. It will be utterly depressing if he is still in charge 2010-11. The ideal scenario would be new owners and a new manager.

Rafa has took way to many chances on his "bargain" buys when you think this as probably been our down fall this season our squad players aren't up to it so to speak Ngog,Lucas,el zahar,riera probably cost us in the region of about £17mil when the players above Arteta,Cahill,Baines and Saha cost about £10mil ,£7mil or so less and man for man better players.But compare his major signings to Moyes Torres £22m--Yakubu £15m Macherano £17m--Fellani(fluffy haired fell)£17m i know who i'd have.But based on our reported transfer budget this summer we may have to rely on Rafa's "bargains" again trouble ahead ?

Ye he's signed plenty of duds mate, that is what I am saying he lacks intelligence in the market, we would be better off with someone who is good on a lower budget under this regime. Even if knew owners came in with shedloads of cash I wouldn't want Rafa spending it, his cautious tactics piss me off, if we spent like city you would want to see good football, not his shithouse mentallity. I wish he would just resign do the decent thing.