You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stuff that makes you feel old

RedinSweden

the day you think Radio 2 is miles better than that bloody awful racket on Radio 1. (if only they would stop playing fucking ELO!)

When someone in the office mentions spangles or some other 70's brand and I'm the only one in the office that remembers them.

hearing some old TV theme like the sweeney as a ringtone.

givning people directions via long gone landmarks. Go past where Blacklers used to be then turn left and head towards where Owen Owen's used to be.

the day you think Radio 2 is miles better than that bloody awful racket on Radio 1. (if only they would stop playing fucking ELO!)

When someone in the office mentions spangles or some other 70's brand and I'm the only one in the office that remembers them.

hearing some old TV theme like the sweeney as a ringtone.

givning people directions via long gone landmarks. Go past where Blacklers used to be then turn left and head towards where Owen Owen's used to be.

Thats just a sign of good music taste, mate.

The fact that Ride On Time by Black Box was number one over twenty years ago.

I won a karaoke competition on the Radio City roadshow singing that song back in '89. I won a t-shirt, a mug, a biro and a sticker in a Radio City carrier bag. It had a signed picture of Tony Snell in it too, which pleased me greatly.

You ask for a can of Quattro and a Marathon before realising you have to settle for a Lilt and meant a Snickers. Same as you call Carling, Carling Back Label.

You still think in old area codes and have to adjust by adding a one. 051, shit a better redial with 0151.

You go back to Uni and realise its not okay to hand-in hand-written work anymore. It has to be word processed.

You stop yourself buying thing cos they're a 'rip-off'. 52p for a fucking bag of crisps, bah they were 28p only *counts to self*... 1, 2, 3... fuck ten years ago. Same with portions of chips, £1.30... what? £1.30 it was 28p a portion in Chans in 1987... aww fuck!

Edited by RJ Fan club

You stop yourself buying thing cos they're a 'rip-off'. 52p for a fucking bag of crisps, bah they were 28p only *counts to self*... 1, 2, 3... fuck ten years ago. Same with portions of chips, £1.30... what? £1.30 it was 28p a portion in Chans in 1987... aww fuck!

The last time I bought a SaveAway bus, train and ferry ticket that was supposed to be for one day's travel but could do you a month if you didn't scratch the silver off, it was 30p.

Now I can only imagine it's more than a pound.

*Goes to Merseytravel website for a look*

*Spits out Cocoa*

£4.50!? I'll get the Overhead Railway instead!

Oh.