You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Car Crash!

Alan Sex

Fuck me, that was the worst one I have ever been in. Spent most of last night at the hospital where they were looking after my wife who is 39 weeks pregnant. She's ok - bad back and neck, but baby is ok as well. Should be good to have the birth within the week or so but she's worried she might have to go the C-Section route because of her back. My 10yr old daughter was in the back seat and came out of it with only head and neck pain as well.

The doctor/nurses convinced me to check myself in as well - luckily just a soft tissue whiplash type neck injury.

We were stopped about 2.5 metres behind another vehicle that had stopped behind a bus that was pulled up blocking a lane on an 80kmh road (beside a bus pull-in he didn't use - don't you worry, I'll be after him to find out what the hell he was doing...). Stopped there for 3 to 5 seconds before suddenly we were crashed into from behind - apparently at 70-80kmh. Lady wasn't paying attention, didn't even brake. Hit us so hard we were pushed all the way into the car in front.

Took a few snaps of my car today.

10420_135365737749_562762749_3026585_4067197_n.jpg

10420_135365752749_562762749_3026587_5553227_n.jpg

10420_135365757749_562762749_3026588_2589436_n.jpg

10420_135365762749_562762749_3026589_4604997_n.jpg

10420_135365772749_562762749_3026591_1439752_n.jpg

Compare these two images - look at the gas door to the back!

10420_135365742749_562762749_3026586_5691205_n.jpg

07Altima_leftside.JPG

Thank fuck we were all wearing seatbelts and thank fuck for rear crumple zones and stuff!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, I'm assuming the car is a write off! Anyone know what happens when the insurance writes a car off? Can I expect to replace everything, including the extended warranty and all the paint/underbody protection etc.

Sure as hell hope I'm not going to end up out of pocket on this.

I know that is secondary to walking away from the crash - but it's thousands of dollars I don't need to lose right now!

By the way, I'm assuming the car is a write off! Anyone know what happens when the insurance writes a car off? Can I expect to replace everything, including the extended warranty and all the paint/underbody protection etc.

Sure as hell hope I'm not going to end up out of pocket on this.

I know that is secondary to walking away from the crash - but it's thousands of dollars I don't need to lose right now!

Fill your boots on this, the other driver is totally responsible given your evidence. Hire a car, milk the injuries, loss of income and on going trauma etc.

Lets hope she was fully insured, you'll be able to retire on this one if you manage it right.

you will likley be paid the pre accident value at todays prices - if the car is on finance you may have taken gap insurance which may cover any shortfall in value-although I dont know how policies operate were you are so dont hold me to anything.

glad your ok & that though!

Fill your boots on this, the other driver is totally responsible given your evidence. Hire a car, milk the injuries, loss of income and on going trauma etc.

Lets hope she was fully insured, you'll be able to retire on this one if you manage it right.

I once received medical evidence from a woman who said as a result of the accident she was unable to perform oral sex three times a week to her hubby as she did before the accident as it exacberated her neck injury!

If I was the hubby I would have demanded the compo myself - loss of use and all that!

nasty smash that, good news your ok.

Check the level of your insurance with the co. See if they provide a complimentary vehicle. If not question if as part of your claim against her insurance you can claim the cost of a hire car. Then whack in the hospital reports of injuries to whoever was in the car. You should get a decent payout.

Bloody hell. Glad all is well with the living ones Alan. Poor fucker of a car though. How did the other woman come out of it?

Also, where do you live?

Cheers all.

The other lady's vehicle (Hyundai Tucson) was pretty destroyed in the front end. She was ok - as were her two kids. From what I overheard she looked back to say something to the kids and didn't see me until the last second, hence no braking.

I live in Calgary, Canada.

nasty smash that, good news your ok.

Check the level of your insurance with the co. See if they provide a complimentary vehicle. If not question if as part of your claim against her insurance you can claim the cost of a hire car. Then whack in the hospital reports of injuries to whoever was in the car. You should get a decent payout.

Thanks, I have rental coverage through insurance so should be able to pick up a runabout in the next day or so. I've never had an injury accident so not sure if the insurance company speaks up or if I have to pursue that separately?

Cheers all.

The other lady's vehicle (Hyundai Tucson) was pretty destroyed in the front end. She was ok - as were her two kids. From what I overheard she looked back to say something to the kids and didn't see me until the last second, hence no braking.

I live in Calgary, Canada.

Where'd you finish up once the car stopped?

I once received medical evidence from a woman who said as a result of the accident she was unable to perform oral sex three times a week to her hubby as she did before the accident as it exacberated her neck injury!

If I was the hubby I would have demanded the compo myself - loss of use and all that!

3 times a year more like!!!!!!!!!!! if he was lucky