You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Question

Right,imagine you get a taxi, short distance and you got to pay and produce a note to pay, saying "sorry, Ive got no less" and you hand you note over to the driver who then says to you that you have actually handed him/her a tenner and a twenty and passes you the twenty back. Would you tip the driver?

Answers on a post card....

You can't' date=' because you've supposedly got nothing smaller! Unless you want to hand him a handful of coins, which is pretty embarrassing for both, really[/quote']If the fare is say £3.50 just ask for change for £5/4 what ever it is you want to tip him plus fare.

Fuck knows. The original post was a grammatical nightmare.

I rarely tip taxi drivers though. Notunless they show up on time, open the door/boot as required, drive sensibly and safely, the car is in a decent state, they don't wibble on constantly and they don't ansswer their phone wilst they're driving.

The odds on all of the above happening are incredibly slim, so a taxi drivr rarely gets an extra penny out of me.

Guest The Big Green Bastard

I only tip a driver if he hasn't annoyed me with his/her political views, the weather and the infamous "what a slow day its been" rant.

Guest davelfc

Gave a tax driver a £2 tip in Shanghai once and you would have thought I'd just saved his life. I was in the cab for 30 minutes (traffic) and it was about £1.25 total fare.

Got a taxi home the other night that would normally be around £16, came to under a tenner. I tipped him £2 as well.

Oh yeah, that's the other thing that fucks me off here in Leeds.

You stop to get out and you ask how much you owe.

"How much you usually pay?" is the standard response. Pisses me right off.

"i didn't ask you to ask me how much I usually fucking pay. i asked you how much it was!". Grrrrr.

If I'm feeling extra cunty I'll just say, "25p. Here's fifty, keep the change, cunt".

Fuck knows. The original post was a grammatical nightmare.

I rarely tip taxi drivers though. Notunless they show up on time, open the door/boot as required, drive sensibly and safely, the car is in a decent state, they don't wibble on constantly and they don't ansswer their phone wilst they're driving.

The odds on all of the above happening are incredibly slim, so a taxi drivr rarely gets an extra penny out of me.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-qV9wVGb38&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-qV9wVGb38&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]